F Andrew Cristall - Kelowna Rockets, WHL (2023, 40th, WSH)

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
:laugh: Your hot takes are hilarious.

Cristall is way more consistent producer what Bedard
and he doesn't have to rely on his shot,

Amazing passer with good scoring ability.

Laugh all you want, but, i'm still not 100% sold on Bedard,
obviously he is realllly good, but something about
his game tells me, don't touch

Cristall is more all around player, who can produce
as much as bedard.

Cristall is barely a top 20 pick in this draft. There is no way in hell he will challenge Bedard.

opinions. also players rise, sometimes lot

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022

as much as bedard.

But I think shot is AC's weakness… Rockets heavily rely on AC's offensive ability, so he could grab more points. And AC still can't play PK like bedard or benson.
I love AC, and I think he didn't get enough love. But Bedard is so far…

Reactions: Bubbles

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018

as much as bedard.

Doesn't stop your opinion from being trash.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Watched the replay, I'm not surprised at his production, he was very good at that last season. But he definitely refines his play day by day, he shot more, and his forecheck is more aggressive.
But… rockets lack of consistency, you can't predict when they will start a long long losing streak like last season… it's just October, sample is too small to draw conclusions about one player.
Have said that, I definitely believe in AC, his character and play are more mature than last season. He can't challenge Bedard, but he could expect a higher pick.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
I don’t think he’s a definite first round pick. He’s 5’10 and an average skater for 5’10. He’s had a fast start, but if it doesn’t continue and he only has an average season, this is the kind of player who could slip as the season goes on.

I would say 10-40.
Fair expected range. But I think his skating has improved a lot, maybe not the fastest, but it's agile and fluid.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
I don’t think he’s a definite first round pick. He’s 5’10 and an average skater for 5’10. He’s had a fast start, but if it doesn’t continue and he only has an average season, this is the kind of player who could slip as the season goes on.

I would say 10-40.

I would say 10-40.
He's definitely a first-round pick. And if he keeps improving, he'll push him to the top 10. But I see him around the top 15/20 at the moment.

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
It's such a stacked class that he right now, is around 25-30. There are guys that are faster, bigger, same IQ that are above him. A bit like Jagger Firkus without the shot to use a recent example.
This draft is really stacked, but I don't see as many players with an IQ like his. In my opinion, what holds him back is the fact that he's a low winger, who doesn't have a speed of incredible skating. Otherwise he would push into the top 5. But if he keeps improving his overall game play at the pace he is at he will push into the top 10.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's definitely a first-round pick. And if he keeps improving, he'll push him to the top 10. But I see him around the top 15/20 at the moment.

It’s possible I haven’t seen enough of him, but I would call him more creative than exceptionally high IQ. I think a lot of people wrongly suggest hockey IQ is how creative you are. I think that’s wrong and a completely different category of the game. Hockey IQ is your decision-making, how you can anticipate plays, and being in the right place at the right time.

His fancy plays with the puck could turn out yielding points at the rate of Zegras or it could yield points at the rate of Milano. That type of game doesn’t guarantee success.

The player I would say has exceptionally high hockey IQ is Benson, not Cristall.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
It’s possible I haven’t seen enough of him, but I would call him more creative than exceptionally high IQ. I think a lot of people wrongly suggest hockey IQ is how creative you are. I think that’s wrong and a completely different category of the game. Hockey IQ is your decision-making, how you can anticipate plays, and being in the right place at the right time.

His fancy plays with the puck could turn out yielding points at the rate of Zegras or it could yield points at the rate of Milano. That type of game doesn’t guarantee success.

The player I would say has exceptionally high hockey IQ is Benson, not Cristall.

Looks pretty good at anticipating these plays. Yes Benson is high IQ also but Cristall is even higher imo. His hands will get the attention but IQ is what truly drives his game. Some Zegras, some Perfetti

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Looks pretty good at anticipating these plays. Yes Benson is high IQ also but Cristall is even higher imo. His hands will get the attention but IQ is what truly drives his game. Some Zegras, some Perfetti

Wasn’t suggesting he’s bad in that area. The guys I view as having the best hockey sense in the league are players like Bergeron, Barkov, Fox, Crosby, Kucherov, not McDavid, Makar, Kane, Panarin, Mackinnon. That’s not to say guys in the latter category aren’t good in that area, but I don’t think how flashy you play is synonymous with how high your hockey sense is. I view Cristall as very flashy with good hockey sense. I wouldn’t say his hockey sense is elite, but maybe I haven’t seen him play enough. Only one person’s opinion.

Reactions: JotAlan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad