F Adam Fantilli - Univ. of Michigan, NCAA (2023 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
What would be the point of him not playing another year with the Steel? How many CHL teams are better with development right now?

Two more years in the USHL, and then he can go right to the AHL. He seems like a prime candidate for the type of player who is too good for the CHL for two years after being drafted, but not going to play right away in the NHL, and potentially not in his D+2. It's not like he had a dominant USHL season either, and needs to immediately leave the league for him to be able to continue to develop. Next year he can come back, and play like he did at the end of the season for a full season. After that, he can then decide on playing college or further junior hockey.
I'm pretty sure this is a hot take and that Fantilli's currently expected to play in NHL right away.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm pretty sure this is a hot take and that Fantilli's currently expected to play in NHL right away.

Says who? Please show me the people saying that a non-clear top 3 pick two years out from being drafted is expected to play in the NHL right away.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
*One more year in the USHL, one year in the NCAA, and then straight to the NHL or one more year in NCAA before NHL.

2021-22: USHL (accelerate school if not already done)
2022-23: NCAA (then drafted)
2023-24: NCAA or NHL
2024-25: NHL

This makes the most sense but I’m wondering if he was already a junior in HS because Canadians birth years are calendar vs Americans start in September mostly for school then he could’ve already been accelerating this year.

Does anyone think he could play NCAA with his skill next year and get 2 years of NCAA experience before the draft or definitely need another year to develop before college?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This makes the most sense but I’m wondering if he was already a junior in HS because Canadians birth years are calendar vs Americans start in September mostly for school then he could’ve already been accelerating this year.

Does anyone think he could play NCAA with his skill next year and get 2 years of NCAA experience before the draft or definitely need another year to develop before college?

He could probably play NCAA, but he’s not ready to be an impact player. And if he was to play for Michigan, like most suggested he would if he was to play NCAA hockey, he’d barely play. Their team next year might be the most talented NCAA team ever.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Just saw some footage on this kid and wow, he is impressive. His combination of size, skating, hands and shot is really attractive. Looking forward to following him the next two years leading up the draft. Should have a very bright future.

Reactions: Dominance

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
He visited a few programs

He was at North Dakota/Grand Forks, and I believe had talks and a virtual with BU, and Denver

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Huge family connection that is tough to beat out

His brother deferred as he wasn't going to get games this year with that lineup

fun experience to join your brother as freshman

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Sounds like this is gonna shake up the 04 class because it sounds like more are following the brothers to AA. Would’ve been great to see him when he came to Flint but I spend a lot of weekends at Yost and it sounds like that will continue

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Not a major surprise to anyone who has been following the situation, but excellent news regardless. Fantilli is a real talent.

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I wonder what happens if a few of these kids don’t get the expected playing time. Will some future recruits start to consider that?

Seems doubtful, they're gonna have a lot of openings after Power, Beniers, Johnson, Brisson, Bordeleau, Beecher all turn pro after this season as well as a few seniors graduating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad