F Adam Fantilli - Univ. of Michigan, NCAA (2023 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luc Poitras

Feb 21, 2019
He is injured.
He was Tendered - so he is guaranteed playing time.
I am not sure what his injury is this time - he was also off the KUA roster for a few months due to injury last year.
He is good enough to play if he is healthy.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I caught most of the game last night and didn't really notice him much. He's out of the lineup tonight. He's so young that it's going to take him time to acclimate but may be good to pump the brakes on the NCAA hockey next year talk.

Reactions: Luc Poitras

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I caught most of the game last night and didn't really notice him much. He's out of the lineup tonight. He's so young that it's going to take him time to acclimate but may be good to pump the brakes on the NCAA hockey next year talk.
How would he play NCAA as a 16/17 year old?

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
How would he play NCAA as a 16/17 year old?

He’d accelerate a year like Werenski, Hanifin, Eichel and others have done. He’s 3 months younger than when Werenski did it, playing his whole freshman year as a 17 year old.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
He’d accelerate a year like Werenski, Hanifin, Eichel and others have done. He’s 3 months younger than when Werenski did it, playing his whole freshman year as a 17 year old.
How tho, he’d be 16 as a freshman in college and he’d play two years of college before getting drafted.

even if it’s possible what’s the rush? He can play another USHL year especially with Chicago and develop his skills with Darryl Belfry another year and then go to college for his draft year like Kent johnson

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’m not an expert on his game. Only seen a few games, but I really do not get the sense he’s a potential 1OA type that’ll be contending with Michkov, Bedard and other players for that top selection in 2023. He looked like a good player with potential, but not a no doubt superstar.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
How tho, he’d be 16 as a freshman in college and he’d play two years of college before getting drafted.

even if it’s possible what’s the rush? He can play another USHL year especially with Chicago and develop his skills with Darryl Belfry another year and then go to college for his draft year like Kent johnson

I’m not saying he shouldn’t take another year just the fact he could. In the majority of areas in Canada, the cut off date for school is December 31st rather than the 31st of August like a lot of the US. The result means he would only have to accelerate 1 year like many have done others have done before him.

Whether he’s physically ready or his play warrants it this season is a different story. Time will tell there but he certainly impressed at KUA. Will be interesting to see how fast he can adjust in Chicago

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
4 games in 0+0 -1 don’t see him in the Wright,Bedard tier yet but still very young and has lots of games left

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
4 games in 0+0 -1 don’t see him in the Wright,Bedard tier yet but still very young and has lots of games left

Yeah, I don’t either. He’s looked pretty good for the level, but consider that Michkov is playing at a comparable level and is 1PPG and dominating. Similar is expected of Bedard in the WHL. Fantilli does well with using his size/skating against older players, but his skill looks nothing too great from what I’ve seen. Maybe he’ll show better skills as he starts playing more and more against kids his own age, but I don’t see huge skills right now.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Yeah, I don’t either. He’s looked pretty good for the level, but consider that Michkov is playing at a comparable level and is 1PPG and dominating. Similar is expected of Bedard in the WHL. Fantilli does well with using his size/skating against older players, but his skill looks nothing too great from what I’ve seen. Maybe he’ll show better skills as he starts playing more and more against kids his own age, but I don’t see huge skills right now.

Fantilli I wouldn't say is exceptional though like Michkov and Bedard. Alot of CHL/USHL rookies even the ones coming into junior with high potential and a good amount of hype won't touch anywhere near a ppg. You will also get those cases of elite midget AAA players once reaching juniors scoring 10-15 pts in their rookie years and then exploding 80 + the next year . It's too early to tell with Fantilli and not to mention Chicago is a powerhouse, basically the London Knights of the USHL.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Fantilli I wouldn't say is exceptional though like Michkov and Bedard. Alot of CHL/USHL rookies even the ones coming into junior with high potential and a good amount of hype won't touch anywhere near a ppg. You will also get those cases of elite midget AAA players once reaching juniors scoring 10-15 pts in their rookie years and then exploding 80 + the next year . It's too early to tell with Fantilli and not to mention Chicago is a powerhouse, basically the London Knights of the USHL.

I'm not saying that he's a bad player. I'm merely responding to the early potential 1OA contender hype he got for 2023. I don't personally see that as a realistic range.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I'm not saying that he's a bad player. I'm merely responding to the early potential 1OA contender hype he got for 2023. I don't personally see that as a realistic range.

Over Bedard and Michkov it's not looking likely unless he has a crazy improvement before the draft and puts up J.Hughes type numbers in the USHL.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I think many has forgotten Fantilli, due to Michkov and Bedard been such dominant forces.

His USHL rookie season :

reg :

18+18
0.75 ppg
+17
117 shots on goal

5+1
1.00 ppg
+3
16 shots on goal

Was one of the key factors in the last game,, got the first star,
Steel evened the finals 1-1, after getting shut out yesterday.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
I think many has forgotten Fantilli, due to Michkov and Bedard been such dominant forces.

His USHL rookie season :

reg :

18+18
0.75 ppg
+17
117 shots on goal

5+1
1.00 ppg
+3
16 shots on goal

Was one of the key factors in the last game,, got the first star,
Steel evened the finals 1-1, after getting shut out yesterday.

8g 1a 9pts in 8 playoff games to lead Chicago Steel to win the USHL Championship. Was named playoff MVP. Will be really interesting to see what he decides to do next

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
You could noticeably see his confidence continue to grow throughout the season, which he capped up off with a great Clark Cup performance. Chicago has been an absolute powerhouse these past 2 seasons and it can't be long before an NHL team hires Ryan Hardy to groom as their next GM.

Fantilli isn't ready for NCAA hockey, but it has no bearing on his status as a high-end prospect. I wouldn't rule out a return to the Steel next season. The team is going to lose most of its stars (i.e. Coronato, Farrell, Samoskevich, Doan, Middendorf, etc.), so Adam would be the premier guy on the team next year, and it'd be great for his development to carry the load for the team. They'll also return Ufko and Blake, and Adam's brother Luca would benefit from another year in the USHL before joining Michigan, too. If Adam really wants to play NCAA hockey with his brother, the path is pretty obvious to continue playing together without disruption.

And if Hardy is still with the Steel next season, there's no reason to believe they won't retool once again.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
What would be the point of him not playing another year with the Steel? How many CHL teams are better with development right now?

Two more years in the USHL, and then he can go right to the AHL. He seems like a prime candidate for the type of player who is too good for the CHL for two years after being drafted, but not going to play right away in the NHL, and potentially not in his D+2. It's not like he had a dominant USHL season either, and needs to immediately leave the league for him to be able to continue to develop. Next year he can come back, and play like he did at the end of the season for a full season. After that, he can then decide on playing college or further junior hockey.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
8g 1a 9pts in 8 playoff games to lead Chicago Steel to win the USHL Championship. Was named playoff MVP. Will be really interesting to see what he decides to do next

He was named the play-offs MVP? That was supposed to be Coronato thou...okay, oh well, not mad
8 goals and 2 goals in the last game. Congrats, if no Bison, Fantilli was my 2nd choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad