NFL: Ezekiel Elliott suspended 6 games

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Does the NFL give steeper punishments if you are a repeat offender?

I wonder how much Zeke is concerned about his future suspensions and how long they will be if this one counts as well.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Not when the current situation unfolds and the legal system gets a hand of it. Granted right now the courts are playing a game of hot potato with his suspension but if justice prevails, Zeke will not serve 6 games.

Uh, the legal system has no control over how a business chooses to suspend its players and the Brady case reinforces that notion.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
It's the only thing that matters.

The NFL is not the criminal legal system. They don't need to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.
Prove what beyond a reasonable doubt? She tried to have him charged for domestic violence. They found nothing to charge him with. Her character was called into question. The NFL had its own investigation, and they also found no evidence against Zeke for a suspension. The commissioner has done some good things for this league, but there have been a couple of things, that he’s f***ed up badly. This, is one of those things.

Reactions: Voight

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Prove what beyond a reasonable doubt? She tried to have him charged for domestic violence. They found nothing to charge him with. Her character was called into question. The NFL had its own investigation, and they also found no evidence against Zeke for a suspension. The commissioner has done some good things for this league, but there have been a couple of things, that he’s ****ed up badly. This, is one of those things.
Uh... What?

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
Uh, the legal system has no control over how a business chooses to suspend its players and the Brady case reinforces that notion.

You have to remember that most posters here don't have an understanding of administrative or summary legal system. They're only versed in the criminal ones.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Does the NFL give steeper punishments if you are a repeat offender?

I wonder how much Zeke is concerned about his future suspensions and how long they will be if this one counts as well.

He's kicked out of the league for another Dv suspension i'm pretty sure.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
He only has two appeals left. He can ask for the whole second circuit to hear his case, which they will deny. He can also appeal to the Supreme Court, which they would deny.

This is over.

Reactions: mouser
Sep 19, 2008
Just suspend him already this has been going on for way too long. It's only 6 games anyway just take it

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Just suspend him already this has been going on for way too long. It's only 6 games anyway just take it

That's like 40% of the season/40% of his pay.

Suspension is complete BS but the big bad NFL and Goodell have to make it look like they actually do something. Their punishment system is so wrong and disorganized it hurts.

Reactions: fin8

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I wish they would have a rule in place that if you appeal and lose you get something like half the suspension added on. It might reduce bogus appeals like this and Brady's.

Also for someone saying the punishment system is wrong, I agree Elliott should be gone for at least a season if not longer.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I wish they would have a rule in place that if you appeal and lose you get something like half the suspension added on. It might reduce bogus appeals like this and Brady's.

Also for someone saying the punishment system is wrong, I agree Elliott should be gone for at least a season if not longer.

Lol how were either bogus? In Brady's case they literally suspended him without a full conclusion.

Why the hell should Zeke get a full season? 6 games is already way too much.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Lol how were either bogus? In Brady's case they literally suspended him without a full conclusion.

Why the hell should Zeke get a full season? 6 games is already way too much.

The Patroits cheated and deflated the balls. Then Brady destroyed his phone to destroy the evidence. The fact that the Patroits have got Super Bowls based on their cheating should have been enough to just have then say "ok Goodell you have rewarded us enough we will take our deserved penalty" but as usual with that disgusting organization they tried to cheat some more.

Elliott hit a woman. He should be banned for life so yes he should get a full season at the very least.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
The Patroits cheated and deflated the balls. Then Brady destroyed his phone to destroy the evidence. The fact that the Patroits have got Super Bowls based on their cheating should have been enough to just have then say "ok Goodell you have rewarded us enough we will take our deserved penalty" but as usual with that disgusting organization they tried to cheat some more.

Elliott hit a woman. He should be banned for life so yes he should get a full season at the very least.
Zeke hit a woman? Do you have ANY concrete proof? Or are you just a hater? Like everyone that thinks he did it is.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Zeke hit a woman? Do you have ANY concrete proof? Or are you just a hater? Like everyone that thinks he did it is.

I don't need concrete proof. When a douche bag that has already shown zero care about women or others is accused of something like that then you can be sure he did it.

If it were a decent human I would give them the benefit of the doubt but Elliott has shown he doesn't deserve that.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Hey, it's okay to say "I don't know what happened" rather than militantly defending your guy and labeling everyone who disagrees a "hater" like you're a teenager from a decade ago.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
Hey, it's okay to say "I don't know what happened" rather than militantly defending your guy and labeling everyone who disagrees a "hater" like you're a teenager from a decade ago.
Sure, if that’s what he said. But, he said that he hit a woman. Not, that he didn’t know. You should read maybe before you make your childish response.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Sure, if that’s what he said. But, he said that he hit a woman. Not, that he didn’t know. You should read maybe before you make your childish response.

Oh, I see you're responding to Baxterman (he's on my ignore list). Don't let me get in the middle of this war of wits.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
I don't need concrete proof. When a *****e bag that has already shown zero care about women or others is accused of something like that then you can be sure he did it.

If it were a decent human I would give them the benefit of the doubt but Elliott has shown he doesn't deserve that.
You have no argument, so I guess that’s the best you can do. Go ahead, crucify him.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
You have no argument, so I guess that’s the best you can do. Go ahead, crucify him.

Yes I have an argument, I choose to believe the woman Zeke assaulted over him.

I have no reason to believe him and no reason to think she's is a liar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad