NFL: Ezekiel Elliott suspended 6 games

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
There's such a disparity in what's going on in this case. One side says that all of the allegations are just fabricated blackmail material, and the other side says he should be suspended for his conduct. Where does the truth lie?
We will never know the truth because there is no video.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Maybe I'm wrong but he's still going to have to serve the suspension sooner or later right? It seems like this is just a delay of when it's served

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
When will this end?
Probably next week.

The 2nd Circuit didn't make this decision to say Zeke has a chance of winning. They did so because they weren't going to be able to get to it before Sunday because they are busy dealing with more important cases, so to keep him from missing a game due to their work backlog, they are letting him play this weekend. Next week, they'll actually take up the case and will almost certainly uphold the suspension.

If Zeke loses next week, he has two appeals left. First, he can appeal to have the full 2nd Circuit hear it, which will probably have no chance. Then he can appeal to the Supreme Court, which has zero chance of saving him.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Probably next week.

The 2nd Circuit didn't make this decision to say Zeke has a chance of winning. They did so because they weren't going to be able to get to it before Sunday because they are busy dealing with more important cases, so to keep him from missing a game due to their work backlog, they are letting him play this weekend. Next week, they'll actually take up the case and will almost certainly uphold the suspension.

If Zeke loses next week, he has two appeals left. First, he can appeal to have the full 2nd Circuit hear it, which will probably have no chance. Then he can appeal to the Supreme Court, which has zero chance of saving him.

Thanks. I haven't been following, nor do I really care except for a fantasy team that I have him on.

I predicted before the season that I thought he'd play the whole year (not sure if I posted that here, though). He would then be suspended like Brady to start the next year.

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
We will never know the truth because there is no video.
That’s right. No video, no charges, his ex said she would ruin his career when he left her, she told her friend to lie for her, and say that Zeke hit her. All points to bullshit. He said he’s fighting it, because it’s bigger than football. He wants his name cleared, from all this shit. Just like you, or me, or anyone else would be doing ,if they did nothing wrong.

Reactions: Voight

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
He’s also fighting it because six game checks to a running back is a big deal.

And this:

In addition to losing his base-salary pay, the guarantees in Elliott's $24.956 million deal will be voided. He received a signing bonus of $16.350 million and got the final deferred installment of the bonus in March. Once he misses games, he will have to pay back some of the signing-bonus money. For each game missed, Elliott will have to repay about $240,000.

http://www.businessinsider.com/ezekiel-elliotts-suspension-salary-signing-bonus-loss-2017-8

Double whammy.

And of course he wants that DV off his back for any down the road advertisements.
Dude has a face you can recognize from a mile away and is a star player.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
That’s right. No video, no charges, his ex said she would ruin his career when he left her, she told her friend to lie for her, and say that Zeke hit her. All points to bull****. He said he’s fighting it, because it’s bigger than football. He wants his name cleared, from all this ****. Just like you, or me, or anyone else would be doing ,if they did nothing wrong.

The NFL's lead investigator also said they should not suspend him... and they did anyway, going overboard with a 6 game ban.

Anyhow, theres this -

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rs-attempt-to-settle-case-with-nfl-reduce-ban

The attorneys representing Ezekiel Elliott in his legal battle against the NFL reportedly have tried to settle with the league, seeking a reduced suspension, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.com.
However, neither the league nor NFL Players Association is interested in settling at this time, per that report.

Like I said, 2 games just to make it look like the NFL is doing something and for them to pump their own tires.

Reactions: fin8

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The leagues policy is domestic violence gets you six games.

The league previously took it in the shorts for going easy on these situations, and they aren’t going to cut deals now. Besides, why would the NFL give in when they keep winning in court against Zeke?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The leagues policy is domestic violence gets you six games.

The league previously took it in the shorts for going easy on these situations, and they aren’t going to cut deals now. Besides, why would the NFL give in when they keep winning in court against Zeke?

Thats implying there was any domestic violence.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
And as well all know, whatever they say, is unequivocally the truth.
I’m not sure what you’re even arguing at this point. Sorry about your fantasy team, but the league is going to enforce its policies.

Even tho their lead investigator said there wasn't. Funny how that one works.
And as well all know, whatever she says is unequivocally the truth.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I’m not sure what you’re even arguing at this point. Sorry about your fantasy team, but the league is going to enforce its policies.

I’m arguing that the suspension is unwarranted.

Lol this has nothing to do with my FF team. I don’t even have Elliott.

And as well all know, whatever she says is unequivocally the truth.

I'm not saying that.... but when your lead investigator combs thru all the evidence and says this doesn't warrant a suspension... she's probably right.

Then again, this is the same league/commissioner that gave Brady 4 games based on a guy saying "more probable than not" & without any hard evidence.

Last edited:

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Try to follow along.

Really nothing to follow along. The NFL could of suspended him for different reasons but a suspension because of Domestic Violence while the accuser has questionable behavior is considering. I look at this just as I would a criminal court case which is did Zeke 100% do it? And the answer is: maybe; probably not. The rule, which allows the NFL to suspend players and appoint arbitrators but not allow the player to call in the investigator is wrong. I have no issue with the NFL suspending Elliott; the problem the NFL has is their Arbitration is unethical

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad