Post-Game Talk: Eyes blazing like a panther!

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Sports Club stats math has us at only a 35% chance of making the playoffs.....if we lose all 12 of our remaining games in regulation.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
I wouldn't mind if they actually won all 4. Possibly gives us a shot at finishing 2nd still. I'll be rooting for Florida in those games.
im leaning toward tb as the preferred team to play honestly, vas has been hot garbage lately...but in reality i think we have a legit shot to beat either of those teams so bring it on! as for 2nd i think thats a stretch...although alot less of a stretch than FLA catching us:naughty:

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Gardiner made some questionable plays that really stand out, but overall he had a good night. so did most of the team, IMO. Only Komarov and Hainsey really bothered me
The only really bad one i remember was the clearance that hit the linesman and resulted in a goal. I did notice a ton of great pinches to keep the puck in and some great work to get the puck to teammates when defending the forecheck

Edit: just saw Gardiner played over 26 minutes at even strength. That's some serious minutes

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
The only really bad one i remember was the clearance that hit the linesman and resulted in a goal. I did notice a ton of great pinches to keep the puck in and some great work to get the puck to teammates when defending the forecheck

Edit: just saw Gardiner played over 26 minutes at even strength. That's some serious minutes
yeah if he plays at this level in the playoffs, I'll be pretty happy with him. he just got unlucky on that one clear

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
Dunno if anyone was watching Nylander on the 5th Dallas goal, but he was pretty non-chalant about the back-check. Not piling on him here but had he put in some sort of effort, he might have caught up to Ritchie. Even Marleau was able to come back into the play.

Liked his game overall tonight

Nylander saved a goal right before that and then Hyman let the puck go for icing.. they were gassed at that point and carrick threw a terrible pass not Willy’s fault

Heritage

Jan 17, 2016
Halifax
Great to see the boys have an exciting comeback victory!

I woke up the house when we won in a shootout lol

Go Leafs Go!

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Dermott got his 10th point tonight in his 27th game.

Pretty good offensive production from a rookie who see's 16 minutes a night and no PP time.

This guy is going to develop into a really good player.
he's very quietly making a name for himself as one of very good defensemen from that draft. he's outperforming Chabot at the NHL level so far

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
I hope johnsson plays tomorrow again. I liked his tenacity and forecheck hopefully he gets more
Minutes against buffalo.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
JVR and Gardiner have something in common. They can appear to be very lazy at times. I'm not saying they are it's more a nonchalant like move. Something they've usually get away with because they are very talented athletes. But when they don't they can look really bad at times. It's usually more costly with Jake just because of the position he plays. Hoping we see less of it in April and hopefully May for that matter....

IamruKusleaf

Mar 3, 2018
Maple Leaf Gardens
GOOD
Mac
outstanding saves when required
JVR
( only because of his game saving goals ) I’ll give him credit there !!!
Komo
Some fire in his belly , almost like is first year ( I’ll give him credit tonight )
Dermott
Good game ( tough mentally due to his sickness past couple of games !
Marner
See JVR ( just replace goals for assists )

BAD
Nylander
Consistency , consistency !
Hyman
Not his fault ( he’s a 4th liner )
Bozy
( See Hainsey but replace should be 4 Th liner )
Kappy
Needs to sit for a couple ,needs his hunger again
Naz
Consistency! To be a top liner in the show

UGLY
F€£¥in Gardiner
( I’m tired of new wave fans today , only seeing offence and that F€£¥in analytics!) F€£¥ analytics
Hainsey
what can I say
I love his experience and warrrior vet thing , but he’s a 5-6 D playing first pairing ! Not his fault !
Marleau
(See Hainsey and Bozy )
Turtle Hab
F€£¥k Habs and their ex players
Horrible pickup

MEH
Carrick
Jonsson
Brown

ruKus calls it like I sees it!
Goooo F€£¥in LEAFS Go !

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Sparks with another shutout tonight.

He's gotta be the call up right? Best keeper in the AHL?

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
The useless plug line looked good again tonight. Consistently in Dallas zone.
Top line was kinda hit and miss. Willie not blowing me away at C.
Naz line struggling again defensively, continue to be on for 1 of every 2 Ga. Seems it's been this way since Dec/ Jan maybe?
Didn't see much of line 4. Did like what I did see of AJ though.

On D, I don't know man... I just don't know.

Reactions: Popeye7735

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
yeah he's really good. I have faith in Andersen, but I think Sparks would do just fine if we roll with him for the rest of the season

Be nice if he made the jump to the backup. I think some judge him on his performance when he was thrown into the tank before he was NHL ready but he's starting to look like a nice 7th round pick, thats for sure.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Andersen can definitely sit for a bit. I just hope it is minor. Not a big deal leaning on McBackup and one of Sparks/Picard for a bit.

If its minor, its probably a blessing in disguise. Freddy could definitely use the rest. We all know Babcock would've most likely ridden him hard til the end. At least if its minor (fingers crossed), he'll be well rested for the playoffs.

Reactions: Dzonna

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Screw the people who were crying when it was 4-2. Screw the guys who were complaining about every single player after every single play tonight.
I hope you guys shape up for the playoffs because this is the team we're running. Get behind them.
I can’t get behind Hyman, not till he’s separated from Matthews. Carrick is more brain dead than...I kinda like Gardiners game lately.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Did not watch much of this game. How did Johnsson play????? I know ppl in leaf land are still up.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
yeah he's really good. I have faith in Andersen, but I think Sparks would do just fine if we roll with him for the rest of the season

I think if Andersen was out for a few games, we'd call up Pickard and play McBackup as McStarter. They will want to give Sparks a starters load in the AHL I think. McBackup deserves first crack though, he's just been solid all year.

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
Babcock playing Hyman on the 6 on 5 is beyond belief....it's gotten to the point where all you can do is laugh..
But the jokes on us....we are stuck with this stubborn old coach for what, another 5 years..?
Did you see him give the puck away twice? He’s so average it hurts to see him out there with Matthews and Nylander. I’d have less hate for Babcock if he would just abandon his stubbornness when it comes to his boy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad