Extreme Makeover: PNC Arena Edition?!

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
I'm sure the rooftop bar will be hopping in January. I guess it could be nice though if we ever make the playoffs again.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I'm sure the rooftop bar will be hopping in January. I guess it could be nice though if we ever make the playoffs again.

Based on the architectural rendering in the N&O article it looks like they foresee heater poles and what looks like a firepit up there. Should make that slightly more bearable, especially if they have some way to enclose it in inclement weather.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I already have hippie friends on FB whining about who's gonna pay for it.

I don't care, because I live in Durham. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Dave told me that if I do my post doc at Duke, he'll start flying the Tri Lam flag at our new frat house. You should come as well.

Are you really considering post doc? (or is this just a joke?) If so, maybe this is a dumb question. If you already have a PHD that it appears that you aren't fully utilizing (my assumption), why would you go for a post doc? If it's paid for by someone else and/or part of a longer term plan to become faculty, that's a different story. Not busting on you, genuinely curious.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I get it next year.

But BBA is mostly right.

"What did the guy with the Math Ph. D. and a job say to the guy with the Math Ph. D. and no job?"

"Paper or plastic?"

:sarcasm:

Mostly though, I just have this vision of Dave, halle, Hank, Garnett, myself, etc pulling this off in front of the Bryan Center :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad