GDT: Extreme Emergency GDT Avs @ Preds 03/02/24

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
He won't fix everything, but this game was yet another perfect example of a game where they needed Val's net front presence.

Preds defended the house hard, and Saros was playing well. Needed more traffic and some chaos in front of the net.

One of the main reasons taht 22 Cup team was so good, was because they could score the pretty goals off the rushed in the O zone, but could also score the ugly goals.

That combo always kept them in games and gave them a chance to win.

Our record with and without Nuke says it all. Different level of a beast.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Welp I'm actually glad I didn't get to watch this one. Sounds like we played like shit and the usual suspects played like shit.

Sounds like Byram had rough night. Simply put it's put up or get the f*** out time for him for him. Too many nights he just isn't even close. Playing a good game here and there isn't helping anyone.

George sucks, we won't win a damn thing with him getting the majority of the starts.

He didn't. Bo played another good game.

This is how the perception of Byram gets warped. People blame him for goals that weren't this fault, and then people who didn't watch the game, think he played a bad game, because it fits a preconceived narrative, and it snowballs into multiple people repeating things that aren’t true, which influences more people.

This is the game he played. Lots of nice plays under pressure to get the puck out of the D zone and jump start rushes, and nice defensive efforts to breakup plays. He make these plays all the time, and I don't think people here see them.

Reactions: Jazzguitar

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
He didn't. Bo played another good game.

This is how the perception of Byram gets warped. People blame him for goals that weren't this fault, and then people who didn't watch the game, think he played a bad game, because it fits a preconceived narrative, and it snowballs into multiple people repeating things that aren’t true, which influences more people.

This is the game he played. Lots of nice plays under pressure to get the puck out of the D zone and jump start rushes, and nice defensive efforts to breakup plays. He make these plays all the time, and I don't think people here see them.

I was simply going off what I read throughout the thread and the comments were negative. He's been bad a lot this year, making a nice play here and there is fine, but as a whole Byram has underwhelmed based on expectations. He needs to be consistently better than what he's showed this year.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I was simply going off what I read throughout the thread and the comments were negative. He's been bad a lot this year, making a nice play here and there is fine, but as a whole Byram has underwhelmed based on expectations. He needs to be consistently better than what he's showed this year.

I understand. You're not the only one. This happens a lot. That's why I wanted to show you the game he had.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
George’s fault or not (he deserves some from last night IMO)… you can’t win consistently when your quality start percentage is around 40. If he can’t shake out of this funk soon, it would be a mistake to run it back with him next year.
Cant run it back with him if he keeps up the 4 goals. If the Avs get bounced in the first round because of him he should be gone.

Reactions: Bowe Byrum

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The 1st goal Byram has his man. He had just jumped on the ice and his man is clearly Trenin, who's stick he's tying up in front of the net like he should. He can't defend two people at the same time.

Colton has Glass. That's who Mitchell was talking about, when he said he had his back to him. He was puck watching and was behind the play a bit, so he couldn't tie up his stick or deflect the shot.

Bo did nothing wrong here.

giphy.gif

The 4th goal was 1:30 into Bo's shift and a pretty nice move by Kodak. Lots of D men would have got burned there in that situation.
I wasn't necessarily blaming him for that goal, it's just that I noticed the pattern that he's defending a ton with his back to the play and it is something I haven't really seen from highly talented defencemen. He's still very young and has also missed a lot of time, he might still be figuring things out, but he was never a strong in the defensive zone in juniors.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I wasn't necessarily blaming him for that goal, it's just that I noticed the pattern that he's defending a ton with his back to the play and it is something I haven't really seen from highly talented defencemen. He's still very young and has also missed a lot of time, he might still be figuring things out, but he was never a strong in the defensive zone in juniors.

Bo was pretty solid defensively in his last junior season. Worked on his defensive game a lot that year. Was pretty solid at the WJC too.

Also most thought he was pretty good defensively in the playoffs in the Avs cup year, helping to shut down McDavid, and then the Bolts in the finals.

When he's on his game, he's quite good defensively. The plays in teh clip above show that as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad