Speculation: Extended Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Training camp is a HUGE opportunity for the team to use social media properly and get fans engaged and excited for this team and maybe even find some new fans, especially considering there will be no media access. Instead we get no content. I hope they fix this issue and provide us with a ton of content over the next few weeks.

Where is the hype? Where is the list of invites?? Players have been in town for two weeks now, no interviews??? NOTHING. Am I wrong here? This team needs to sell tickets and until there are tickets to sell, they should be doing everything in their power to attract fans. A Garrioch fluff piece doesn't do the trick.

Agreed. Totally quiet. What are they cooking at the marketing firm? An opus or a requiem?

Reactions: BatherSeason

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Agreed. Totally quiet. What are they cooking at the marketing firm? An opus or a requiem?
The tide has turned and people are finally getting excited about hockey in Ottawa again, lets keep people excited and try to convert the negative into more positive. Its really mind blowing that they appear to have dropped the ball off the ice yet again.

Reactions: variable26

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I honestly am at a point where i am legit forgetting we have certain players on this roster. It's insane how many guys we have.

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
The tide has turned and people are finally getting excited about hockey in Ottawa again, lets keep people excited and try to convert the negative into more positive. Its really mind blowing that they appear to have dropped the ball off the ice yet again.

Craig did such a great job for the Sens social media pages that we could only hope for again. That being said this new guy was originally the Belleville Senators social media guy so I think he may be filling shoes too big for him. The content is so dry, I mean even signings and trades are just a “news release” post. The Twitter account doesn’t even post the poorly designed trade/signing graphic that features on Facebook. They really need to hire an actual graphic designer and get someone creative to run the accounts because the current guy just seems to be doing the bare minimum.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Shirt Numbers for the new guys

And with that, it means a plethora of new jersey numbers to be handed out. Here's a quick rundown:
#2 - Artem Zub
#3 - Josh Brown
#15 - Derek Stepan
#16 - Austin Watson
#17 - Alex Galchenyuk
#18 - Tim Stuetzle
#20 - Logan Shaw
#23 - Cedric Paquette
#24 - Christian Wolanin
#30 - Matt Murray
#44 - Erik Gudbranson
#55 - Braydon Coburn
#63 - Evgenii Dadonov
Notes:
  • Brown will become the 10th player in franchise history to wear no. 3. It hadn't been worn since Marc Methot in 2017.
  • Stepan will switch to no. 15 with Ottawa, wearing the number he wore in his bantam days in Hastings, MN. The number has an extensive history in Ottawa with Shawn McEachern, Dany Heatley and Zack Smith wearing it previously.
  • Watson has already stated that the reason he is wearing no. 16 is in honour of Brian McGrattan, who played 143 games for the Sens between 2005-08.
  • Stuetzle will be just the eighth player to wear no. 18 in Ottawa, a number that was previously worn by now Hockey Hall of Famer, Marian Hossa.
  • Current Sens defenceman Wolanin had previously worn no. 86 but has now made the switch to 24.
  • Murray will become the first Sens goaltender to wear no. 30 in a game since Andrew Hammond.
  • Coburn becomes the first Senators d-man to wear 55 since Sergei Gonchar from 2011-13.
  • Dadonov is just the second player in Senators history to wear no. 63. The other: Tyler Ennis last season

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Considering the amount of players the Sens have it seems very unlikely that there will be any PTOs. With that said Brett Ritchie, Brendan Gaunce and Devante Smith Pelly are still on the market and options for camp invites if they go that route.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

And with that, it means a plethora of new jersey numbers to be handed out. Here's a quick rundown:
#2 - Artem Zub
#3 - Josh Brown
#15 - Derek Stepan
#16 - Austin Watson
#17 - Alex Galchenyuk
#18 - Tim Stuetzle
#20 - Logan Shaw
#23 - Cedric Paquette
#24 - Christian Wolanin
#30 - Matt Murray
#44 - Erik Gudbranson
#55 - Braydon Coburn
#63 - Evgenii Dadonov
Notes:
  • Brown will become the 10th player in franchise history to wear no. 3. It hadn't been worn since Marc Methot in 2017.
  • Stepan will switch to no. 15 with Ottawa, wearing the number he wore in his bantam days in Hastings, MN. The number has an extensive history in Ottawa with Shawn McEachern, Dany Heatley and Zack Smith wearing it previously.
  • Watson has already stated that the reason he is wearing no. 16 is in honour of Brian McGrattan, who played 143 games for the Sens between 2005-08.
  • Stuetzle will be just the eighth player to wear no. 18 in Ottawa, a number that was previously worn by now Hockey Hall of Famer, Marian Hossa.
  • Current Sens defenceman Wolanin had previously worn no. 86 but has now made the switch to 24.
  • Murray will become the first Sens goaltender to wear no. 30 in a game since Andrew Hammond.
  • Coburn becomes the first Senators d-man to wear 55 since Sergei Gonchar from 2011-13.
  • Dadonov is just the second player in Senators history to wear no. 63. The other: Tyler Ennis last season
Good update.

From that list I am pretty skeptical that Logan Shaw plays. He has size but from what I remember he isn't very physical and he is bad at fighting. Considering that he would be battling for a 4th line kind of role and he isn't a prospect with the upside to move up the lines and he isn't overly physical it seems like it would be a big challenge for him to out compete other players for that depth role.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Training camp is a HUGE opportunity for the team to use social media properly and get fans engaged and excited for this team and maybe even find some new fans, especially considering there will be no media access. Instead we get no content. I hope they fix this issue and provide us with a ton of content over the next few weeks.

Where is the hype? Where is the list of invites?? Players have been in town for two weeks now, no interviews??? NOTHING. Am I wrong here? This team needs to sell tickets and until there are tickets to sell, they should be doing everything in their power to attract fans. A Garrioch fluff piece doesn't do the trick.

Seriously. We've been off the ice for nearly 10 MONTHS and there's only been a few posts today about "photo day" and that they're back on the ice tomorrow. Literally zero hyping up training camp.

Eugene, maybe if you can go and acquire a bunch of vets you can get hire a social media team that can actually get people excited? Dorion's nephew simply isn't enough.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
How is the team not promoting opening of training camp...which starts tomorrow.

We have no clue who's actually been invited lmao.

Didn't they just hire a marketing firm???

The fans are actually excited this year and theres literally zero content to consume. The team should be looking at stream options, etc.

Nothing so far. Do they know it starts tomorrow?

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I was thinking the 36 player at camp was a new rule by the NHL. I guess not because Montreal have 42

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site

If the Sens do this, this could lead to even more transactions throughout the season. Players could get called up to the taxi squad or sent down to the AHL very frequently.

I agree, this will really change the dynamic and for the better in my opinion. Players will seamlessly be able to go back and forth between the two teams. Smith and Dorion will be able to watch every single B-Sens game and know who deserves a call-up or stay there.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
How is the team not promoting opening of training camp...which starts tomorrow.

We have no clue who's actually been invited lmao.

Didn't they just hire a marketing firm???

The fans are actually excited this year and theres literally zero content to consume. The team should be looking at stream options, etc.

Nothing so far. Do they know it starts tomorrow?
Got even worse since that social media guy left.

Reactions: Icelevel

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury

#2 - Artem Zub
#3 - Josh Brown
#15 - Derek Stepan
#16 - Austin Watson
#17 - Alex Galchenyuk
#18 - Tim Stuetzle
#20 - Logan Shaw
#23 - Cedric Paquette
#24 - Christian Wolanin
#30 - Matt Murray
#44 - Erik Gudbranson
#55 - Braydon Coburn
#63 - Evgenii Dadonov
Notes:

Am I the only one who doenst know who the f*** Logan Shaw is, where he came from, or how/when he got here? Lol k time for bed for this guy...

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Am I the only one who doenst know who the f*** Logan Shaw is, where he came from, or how/when he got here? Lol k time for bed for this guy...

Ha! You are much braver than I am to actually admit what I was thinking to myself but did not want to ask and look ignorant for a guy who spends so much time on these boards.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
It’s gonna be a quiet training camp. No journalist allowed.

Dorion gonna talk today

DJ disponible Friday

The list of players showing Saturday

players disponible Saturday or Sunday ( don’t remember )

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
No journalist allowed.
I am curious about this, so is Sly St Laurent. Is this a league wide thing, or something made up by the Sens? I am not a Public Health expert, so I have no idea what the right thing to do would be, however, I feel like the Leafs and Habs will find a way to have journalists cover their team.

C’est quoi, la «stratégie» d’Ottawa?

"Elle se cache derrière les strictes et rigides directives de la santé publique ontarienne.
J’ai du mal à comprendre.
On veut limiter les contacts des joueurs, des entraîneurs, des autres employés de l’organisation.
Ça se comprend.
Le Centre Canadian Tire est un building immense, qui compte 17 000 sièges.
On peut facilement accommoder une vingtaine de représentants des médias, tout en leur permettant de respecter une saine distanciation.
Sans pouvoir observer ce qui se passe sur la glace, il sera plus difficile de comprendre exactement le plan de match de l’organisation."

Last edited:
Reactions: Matsens15

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
I am curious about this, so is Sly St Laurent. Is this a league wide thing, or something made up by the Sens? I feel like the Leafs and Habs will find a way to have journalists cover their team.

C’est quoi, la «stratégie» d’Ottawa?

I believe Eugene was referring to bringing in supplemental tough players to defend and fortify the young kids

No idea why ol'sly here thinks there's some nefarious plan to ensure a bubble for players without the press. Imo they're trying to adhere to the rules.
Weird.

But are the same time it'd be nice to have some content as the fans are eager to learn about this new team

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I honestly am at a point where i am legit forgetting we have certain players on this roster. It's insane how many guys we have.
Haha once you actually write down the names it sure is confusing. A week and a half ago the GM said they are done and that they need to give the young guys opportunity and it's time for players to step. Up. At that point it was already crowded, then he went out and got 3 more players which included a bottom pair d man a 4th line center and a 3rd line center. 0 plan 0 direction.

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
If media isn't allowedbecause of health regulations. The team has to do a way better job at putting out content.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Haha once you actually write down the names it sure is confusing. A week and a half ago the GM said they are done and that they need to give the young guys opportunity and it's time for players to step. Up. At that point it was already crowded, then he went out and got 3 more players which included a bottom pair d man a 4th line center and a 3rd line center. 0 plan 0 direction.
As per Dorion, they have “MANY PLANS” (and many directions;) )

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
If media isn't allowedbecause of health regulations. The team has to do a way better job at putting out content.

They are starting now.

from THE NOTORIOUS BG:

The club will have its first on-ice session Friday, but with the province in lockdown there’s no guarantees the media will be able to attend. That’s a decision Ontario and Ottawa Public Health officials will make based on the information that they’ve received from the NHL as far as health and safety protocols.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

like what? They literally just stepped on the ice. You can see that in their SM.

The Sens plex has streaming camera/video . I’d like to see them make a scrimmage publicly available online.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad