Expectations/predictions for crosby in 17-18

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
as long as he has more than McDavid to shut the ******* up on the main board

To accomplish that you would need more than Sid winning the scoring title. You would need something along the lines of a court order hand delivered by the Pope who was riding a Unicorn while staring straight into an eclipse.

You would get about .03% to shut up at that point, good luck with the rest.

MCDAVIDISH

Jul 18, 2011
Edmonton
Do you guys think Guentzel will play with Crosby? I'm thinking of picking him in my keeper league, hoping he's good for 60 pts.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Am I the only one who hopes that they rest Crosby and the rest of the core a lot this year to be ready for a three peat try?

The Pens have played more hockey than anyone else in the NHL the past two years. ESPECIALLY guys like Crosby who competed on the world stage as well.

At this point let whoever win the individual award, Crosby has nothing left to prove and anyone who thinks that he has been passed, well let them think whatever they want. The Pens should be thinking about making history, not individual awards.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Am I the only one who hopes that they rest Crosby and the rest of the core a lot this year to be ready for a three peat try?

The Pens have played more hockey than anyone else in the NHL the past two years. ESPECIALLY guys like Crosby who competed on the world stage as well.

At this point let whoever win the individual award, Crosby has nothing left to prove and anyone who thinks that he has been passed, well let them think whatever they want. The Pens should be thinking about making history, not individual awards.

Unless someone looks gassed I doubt they will. Most of the team hasn't played as much hockey as you'd think through injuries, being scratches and not being in the NHL. Crosby and Kessel have played a lot but Kessel has his iron man streak and Crosby would probably have to be restrained.

The big thing is going to have to be keeping minutes down (3C importance) and keeping on top of players' energy levels.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
He could win the Rocket, Ross, Smythe, Lindsay, Hart, Selke and 3 peat and Oiler fans would still say McDavid is better. Even McDavid has said Crosby is the best and it doesnt matter.

Yes please. I wanna see this.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
McDavid produces more chances on a shift to shift basis. Sid's the better overall player. I have no problem with that. If McDavid works on his strength, shot and defensive game, he'll pass him up soon.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
I don't care how many points, as long as he has more than McDavid to shut the ******* up on the main board, that's all that matters to me. Just be healthy, him, Guentz, and Shears, be healthy, help Sid slay.

Don't let it bother you. Kid is an absolute beast, he deserves the praise he gets. The kid is as good as Crosby (if not better) from a pure offensive standpoint, but I will take a player who wins Cups and Conn Smythe's over CMD any day.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yes but will Crosby win the coveted Mark Messier award for the player that Messiers the best a player could Messier according to Mark Messier, the all time leader in NHL Messier awards?

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Sidney Crosby has not been producing points like he is used to and people have begun to notice. He still has 13 points in 19 games, but he has been held without a goal in 11 straight games. This is the second-longest streak he has had without a goal. The team is feeling it as they have struggled to score. The Pittsburgh Penguins have lost six of their past eight games but Sidney Crosby’s slump is nothing to worry about.

Sidney Crosby's Slump is Nothing for Fans to Worry About

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Sidney Crosby has not been producing points like he is used to and people have begun to notice. He still has 13 points in 19 games, but he has been held without a goal in 11 straight games. This is the second-longest streak he has had without a goal. The team is feeling it as they have struggled to score. The Pittsburgh Penguins have lost six of their past eight games but Sidney Crosby’s slump is nothing to worry about.

Sidney Crosby's Slump is Nothing for Fans to Worry About

9vei1Ln.gif

Your article is bad and you should feel bad.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Sid would have more points if Sheary finished better. Also Hornqvist no matter what Sully thinks is a bad fit. Sid comes down the right side and needs a LW shot to finish. the LW is critical to Sid.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Sid would have more points if Sheary finished better. Also Hornqvist no matter what Sully thinks is a bad fit. Sid comes down the right side and needs a LW shot to finish. the LW is critical to Sid.

That's a shit excuse and you know it. Crosby is more than capable of scoring goals himself. When Guentzel was finally taken off of Sid's line and started to look better, what did they do? Shove him back with Sid this morning with practice (Guentzel-Sid-Rust, because Sully has zero creativity). Crosby can shoot and score himself, Sheary may be snake bitten but effort is there with him, the kid is constantly buzzing around and playing with a ton of energy, usually I'm ready to dog the guy. Hornqvist just doesn't look good on Sid's line anymore which might be more to do with Crosby making that be the case.

Let's keep in mind that he's actually shooting the puck more this year, he's on pace for 260 shots on net. He was on pace for 278 last year and that's tied for his 2nd most shots on net of his career (298, and 278). So he's on pace for almost 260 shots on net, he's shooting 0.25 less shots on net per game this year.

So if Sheary is missing opportunities, guess what? So is Sid. Because he's shooting, not scoring. Sheary is on pace for 25 goals, he's pretty much where we all thought he was and he's shooting more, he was at around 1 shot per game last year, this year he is at 2 shots per game and is 3rd on the team for goals.

I mean seriously? Sheary is shooting at 15% and he's one of the problems? Lol, come on now. Even Horny is where he nomally is at 9.8%.

Crosby, as much as people hate to admit it, is the guy dragging his lines down at the moment, a trend that should end today.

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
Crosby has played a lot of hockey the last few years and just seems to be coasting so far. He'll show short bursts here and there but it's like he's been in 1st or 2nd gear for most of the year.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Crosby has played a lot of hockey the last few years and just seems to be coasting so far. He'll show short bursts here and there but it's like he's been in 1st or 2nd gear for most of the year.

And yet, Phil Kessel has played more games than Crosby in that same amount of time, Malkin just slightly less than Crosby and both seem fine. I like Crosby as well, huge fan like the rest of the fellow Pens fans, but man..the excuses people make for Crosby, it's ridiculous.

He will pick it up, but these 19 games are not excusable when you consider that Kessel and Malkin have been there all along for the same freaking ride that Sid has been on and aren't playing horrendously in regards to their offense and compete level.

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
And yet, Phil Kessel has played more games than Crosby in that same amount of time, Malkin just slightly less than Crosby and both seem fine. I like Crosby as well, huge fan like the rest of the fellow Pens fans, but man..the excuses people make for Crosby, it's ridiculous.

He will pick it up, but these 19 games are not excusable when you consider that Kessel and Malkin have been there all along for the same freaking ride that Sid has been on and aren't playing horrendously in regards to their offense and compete level.

I'm not stating it as an excuse.... He's been coasting a lot and doesn't seem to be into it most games.... But maybe it's his way of trying to conserve energy for another run. No one knows... It's just an observation

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
How often really have we ever had Geno and Sid playing together both at the top level. It seems its always one is either injured or somekind of slump (play offs notwithstanding), so for Sid to get better wait until Phil or Geno go down with the injury or start slumping...how about that for the analysis :)

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm not stating it as an excuse.... He's been coasting a lot and doesn't seem to be into it most games.... But maybe it's his way of trying to conserve energy for another run. No one knows... It's just an observation

Then someone should let Kessel and Malkin know, because they're giving a much more complete effort each game than Crosby is and have played almost the same amount of games, more in some cases for one of the guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad