Expectations for the Minnesota Wild in 2015-16

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I really don't know, because G. Doobs is really an unknown.... Would anyone be surprised if he went back to being a mediocre, bottom third starting G?

I was very optimistic at the beginning of last year, so I guess I should be again.

Better

Dumba(no reason to think he won't continue to improve as he develops physically)
Kuemper( I like his size and talent.)
Brodin (see Dumba comment)
Scandella( now in his prime)
Zucker (as long as he stays healthy, he'll improve)
Granlund(shoot, dammit!)
Nino (keep shooting, dammit!)
Coyle (not sure about him, but we need his size and strength after losing Stewart, Cooke, and Brodziak)
Pominville( shooting % will go up)
Haula(can't be worse, can it?)
Suter( I expect him to return to his first half form from last year, as long as Yeo trims his minutes)
Anonymous rookie( Graovac, Reilly?)

Worse

Koivu( still good, but he's getting slower and sleepy looking. Ent-like)
Dubnyk( don't think he'll be in the running for the Vezina)
FonTaine (shooting %, and I just am not a believer)

Same

Parise (can't complain if he repeats himself)
Yeo(is Yeo)
Backstrom (can't believe this guy is still on the team. He will be a waste of a roster space, just like last year)
Spurgeon( playing at his max effiency. Like, but don't love him)
Prosser(can't be worse, can he?)
Carter
Vanek(the new narrative is that he was injured last year and that he looks great right now after skating with Ness. So there are no skating instructors in BUF, NY, and MTL? Was he also injured during MTL's playoff run the year before when Therrien benched him? I think he will repeat last year's craptastic season).

CHI will be a worse team this year with Saad, Sharp, Oduya, and possibly Kane gone. That alone will make us a better team.

Last edited:

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I'd be pretty surprised if Dubnyk regressed to bottom third for sure. Even though his record was bad in Edm and Phx the numbers showed he was providing at least average goaltending for them.

In fact..if he regressed and had a GAA/Sv% 15th or worse i would be pretty damn shocked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad