Expectations and Predictions for 2013. Be as off the wall as you want to be

NastyNick

Sep 7, 2007
Pittsburgh
My predictions

1. Paul Martin shakes off the haters and does his job, Brooks Orpik is the worst defender on the Penguins but no one notices
2. Fleury is the backup when the playoffs start.
3. Matt Cooke plays a majority of the season on Sid's wing, and he pots 15.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
My predictions

1. Paul Martin shakes off the haters and does his job, Brooks Orpik is the worst defender on the Penguins but no one notices
2. Fleury is the backup when the playoffs start.
3. Matt Cooke plays a majority of the season on Sid's wing, and he pots 15.

Haven't seen the scenario where anyone talks about Cooke playing with Sid ever.

Marns

Jul 31, 2006
Toronto, ON
www.thestretchpass.com
Sutter will be a crowd favourite, and our defense will look significantly different by season's end (I'm talking about three new faces in the starting six).

- Malkin and Crosby will not play PK
- DB gets boot in the ass
- Crosby gets 1,87ppg, Malkin gets 1,71ppg
- Neal start to lose his hair and will be completely bald in PO
- Fleury will be send AHL
- Lentang will be healthy all season long
- Paul Martin becomes transvestite and change hes name to Paula

Becomes?

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
1) MAF is traded to TOR for MacArthur

2) I cheer and high-5 someone afterwards

3) Pens win cup

I can dream, can't I?

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I expect no trades until a small inconsequential move the deadline, very few line-up changes throughout the season, and the defense to be utter ****.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Bylsma will be fired after 15 games. Reirden will take over in the interim. This summer, the new coach will be Phil Housley.

Shero trades for Jay Bouwmeester, after Feaster agrees to part with Johnny Gaudreau as part of the deal. Johnny Hockey leaves Boston College after their NCAA repeat, then signs with the Pens in time to play in the final week of the regular season. He displays instant chemistry with Malkin and Neal, Pens eek into the playoffs. No. 8 seed, but they knock off the No. 1 seeded... Florida Panthers.

Crosby gets hurt, so we lose in Round 2 to the Boston Bruins.

Shero signs Corey Perry to play with Sid on July 1.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Bylsma will be fired after 15 games. Reirden will take over in the interim. This summer, the new coach will be Phil Housley.

Shero trades for Jay Bouwmeester, after Feaster agrees to part with Johnny Gaudreau as part of the deal. Johnny Hockey leaves Boston College after their NCAA repeat, then signs with the Pens in time to play in the final week of the regular season. He displays instant chemistry with Malkin and Neal, Pens eek into the playoffs. No. 8 seed, but they knock off the No. 1 seeded... Florida Panthers.

Crosby gets hurt, so we lose in Round 2 to the Boston Bruins.

Shero signs Corey Perry to play with Sid on July 1.

You know that Bylsma being fired after 15 games is the most off the wall prediction, right? :D

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
i'll make an off the wall prediction.

we make it the whole through the regular season, neither Crosby or Malkin get injured.

to make it even more off the wall...

Fleury finds his inner calm and plays up to his abilities without any wobbles in the playoffs.

which if those all come true, we bring home lord stanley....

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
The Pens will definitely lose at least 2 guys for 30-40 games. The rate they lose guys for weeks and months at a time sucks and this year losing a guy for that long means losing him for the season,

Letang will score 45-50 points.

Sutter will score only 17 and disappoint in his first season.

that's all I got.

BeauKnows19

Mar 28, 2012
New Jersey
I think we are getting a top 4 d( possibly tomorrow if gm's can start to trade) and then, I think it's gonna be a pens hawks final.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I think Vokoun will overtake Fleury at some point by the playoffs at the latest.

I think Crosby and Malkin could very well finish 1 and 2 for the Art Ross if both stay healthy.

I'm torn on Brandon Sutter. I think we have better linemates for him here than Carolina did but it also takes time to adjust to a new team. I'm not sure which will outweigh the other.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
In a shockingly huge trade at the deadline the Pens trade Alyonka Larionov

and in return steal these two from Chicago:

I am not usually a fan of two for one deals, but this one has potential. Just remember you heard it first here.

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
Just a few for now.

Crosby scores 50 in 48.
Martin rebounds.
Fleury plays consistently good.
Niskanen plays like the Pens best defenseman.
Despres, Morrow, and the other standout defensive prospects barely get any time.
Tangradi finds a home on Sutter's wing.
Bennett plays well when up but Dan still refuses to play him.
Tampa is out of contention early and the pens make a trade for one of their wingers.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
On a serious note, TSN has us atop their preseason rankings:

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/rankings/nhl/

With the Pens it all depends on the defense. No doubt the Pens will score and score a LOT absent major major injuries. However, the defense last year was as we all know bad. Seriously bad. But I just do not see the parts as bad as showed last year. I expect a bounce back season. If only because Fluery will do better, and he has a legit backup to push him now. But the defense itself will tighten given they had this past offseason to work on the problems. And I have maintained before that the problems were more system oriented than player skills eroding, and you can fix system flaws. Maybe they will not be a top five defense like we have seen from them not that long ago, but they do not need to be that. Cut the sieve down to maybe 10-13 in the league and there is a cup winning team given how the rest of the team stacks up. So my betting is that they make that rather modest bar and TSN has it about right.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Already talk of going headhunting for the Pens that first game against Philly because of the bad blood at the end of last year. I would hope that the Pens are looking out for it and prepared in case it comes. We lost some of our grit but have enough there to cause some damage if they come looking for it. The Pens better be prepared for it in case they go that route. That said, it would be idiotic to waste a game to that kind of nonsense with a 48 game season. Hopefully Philly is not as moronic as I believe them to be and come out to play the game and not engage in that kind of stuff. But the Pens better be prepared in case Philly is as stupid as they have been . . . well always . . .in the past.

SprootsMasterFlex

Sprootsing 4 Life
Apr 20, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Bob McKenzie‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
It's my expectation some GMs are sitting on trades/signings that are done or close to done and as soon as gun goes off, there'll be activity

Perhaps some of the players that are being held out in WBS are being moved?... or will replace somebody on the major league roster that will be moved as soon as "the gun goes off"?

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Dunno if Shero has anything lined up, but Id imagine there's gonna be a flurry of activity in the coming days. With the trade deadline so late, Id prefer to get our moves done ASAP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad