Expansion Draft. Who would the Oilers protect?

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
Considering 2016-17:

McDavid
Hall
Nuge
Eberle
Yakupov
Pouliot
Lander
Draisaitl
Hendricks/Gordon

Nurse
Klefbom
(Whichever D man we pick up this off-season, probably, otherwise Marincin)
Schultz

(Whichever G we pick up)
Brossoit

Unless we pick up a better forward than those two, whichever the management deems more important and/or more available long term between Hendo and Gordon.

At this point, Marincin needs to prove more to be in one of the slots, so he trades places with Schultz, as Schultz brings way more offense than Marincin.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Unless we pick up a better forward than those two, whichever the management deems more important and/or more available long term between Hendo and Gordon.

At this point, Marincin needs to prove more to be in one of the slots, so he trades places with Schultz, as Schultz brings way more offense than Marincin.

I doubt Gordon stays unless we see a lot of change this upcoming season, and I couldn't remember Hendricks' contract but I'm assuming he's done by 16/17?

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Considering 2016-17:

McDavid
Hall
Nuge
Eberle
Yakupov
Pouliot
Lander
Draisaitl
(1 more spot)

Nurse
Klefbom
(Whichever D man we pick up this off-season, probably, otherwise Schultz)
Marincin

(Whichever G we pick up)
Brossoit

I'm pretty sure it's 9Fwds 5dman 1goalie or
5fwds 3dman and 2 goalies

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Hall, Hopkins Eberle
Mcdavid, Yakupov, Leon
Pouliot, Lander,

Klefbom, Nurse, Fayne

Whoever our starting goalie is at the time.

Nobody else on the team right now matters.

Maybe Yakimov.

One thing on this topic that interests me is how cool it would be if Toronto and Quebec got the new teams and the Coyotes went to fail in Las Vegas. 10 teams in Canada would be insane.

Another thing to note is that it would surely piss off Columbus and Detroit, as they'd probably get pushed back out West. Yes, both of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad