Expansion Draft Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
Don't agree with this statement at all!!! For 20 Million per team NHL teams should offer some semblance of talent and skill and not a bunch of scraps and garbage! FU NHL for causing this Shit-Show! And FU to the GM's who thought they would just offer crap to the expansion Kraken! If I was running things teams would have to protect players that played 2 pro seasons,AHL included! 20 Million should buy Seattle and all expansion teams in the future(hopefully Quebec city next with maybe a "Western city"(Salt Lake),Milwaukee,Indianapolis something "tangible" and not someone's deadweight or bad contracts!!!The one good thing that came out of Co-Vid Hell is that some NHL teams are saddled with terrible contracts with no way out unless they deal with GM Francis in a "business" and not slimy manner! NHL GM's can't keep all your "toys" so hand over something of value or forfeit the whole 20 Million and go take a flying Fricking leap off a short porch!!!

That's literally how it is.......

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Don't agree with this statement at all!!! For 20 Million per team NHL teams should offer some semblance of talent and skill and not a bunch of scraps and garbage! FU NHL for causing this Shit-Show! And FU to the GM's who thought they would just offer crap to the expansion Kraken! If I was running things teams would have to protect players that played 2 pro seasons,AHL included! 20 Million should buy Seattle and all expansion teams in the future(hopefully Quebec city next with maybe a "Western city"(Salt Lake),Milwaukee,Indianapolis something "tangible" and not someone's deadweight or bad contracts!!!The one good thing that came out of Co-Vid Hell is that some NHL teams are saddled with terrible contracts with no way out unless they deal with GM Francis in a "business" and not slimy manner! NHL GM's can't keep all your "toys" so hand over something of value or forfeit the whole 20 Million and go take a flying Fricking leap off a short porch!!!

Tell me you rather it be like how it was before the NHL changed the draft rules?

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
What this comes down to is that Colorado felt they got a better deal with New Jersey than whatever deal was being discussed with Seattle and losing a different player other than Graves.

Here's the thing colorado was gonna make a trade regarding of who it was in order not lose anyone good to seattle.

If they went 4-4-1 they would had traded a forward way instead of going 7-3-1 and trading graves away.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Belpedio because he's young and cheap and a RD-man...Menell(RD) is a maybe also and could be the pick...Sourcy...no because he carries a 2.7 M cap hit and FU to Minny for that helps them so double FU to them!!!
I think taking Soucy hurts Minnesota more now that they bought out Suter.

Soucy can play both sides and has filled in admirably in their top 4 the past two seasons.

If they lose him, they will have 3 green defensemen and one of them playing top four minutes, or Guerin will have to trade for or dip into UFA for an expensive option. (Cole is 32 and a UFA)

2.7 for a guy you are penciling in to your top 4 is not bad.

Reactions: JelloPuddyPops

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest

Hockey is a game. The NHL has the on ice games played between the players. The management groups play a different game against each other to ice the best team and try to win the cup.

The saying goes, "All is fair in love and war", and in the NHL, there is a reason every organization calls their office where they discuss their draft and trade plans the "War-room" ;)

Last edited:

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
I don't have to like it and don't right down to my very core!!!

No, I meant the statement that I bolded in your post. You said that if you were running things teams would have to protect any player that played 2 pro seasons whether in ahl or nhl. I was simply saying that that's exactly how it already is.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Here's the thing colorado was gonna make a trade regarding of who it was in order not lose anyone good to seattle.

If they went 4-4-1 they would had traded a forward way instead of going 7-3-1 and trading graves away.
And slimball Sakic had Francouz sit out a year to gain ineligiblity status...Ditto for Timmins...Francouz was paid in full! Kind of like how the slimball in Chicago had Nylander sit out the year with a phantom injury so he could protect Borgstrom! There sure are a lot scum-balls running organizations! I'm embarrassed...this is how expansion teams become the "next" Kansas city Scouts

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
No, I meant the statement that I bolded in your post. You said that if you were running things teams would have to protect any player that played 2 pro seasons whether in ahl or nhl. I was simply saying that that's exactly how it already is.
They have to protect them after 3 seasons I believe anything less gives them a free ride and so they really gain an added 1,2,3 maybe more protective spots in essence!

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Hockey is a game. The NHL has the on ice games played between the players. The management groups play a different game against each other to ice the best team and try to win the cup.

The saying goes, "All is fair in love and war", and in the NHL, there is a reason every organization calls their office where they discuss their draft and trade plans the "War-room" ;)
I always believed War was for crazies,locos,pazze!

JelloPuddyPops

"Gotta support the team."
Oct 9, 2018
Pacific Northwest

The hyperbole is strong with this one. Or the over-reaction. I can't tell which at the moment.

Elaine Benes would approve of the use of exclamation points.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
And slimball Sakic had Francouz sit out a year to gain ineligiblity status...Ditto for Timmins...Francouz was paid in full! Kind of like how the slimball in Chicago had Nylander sit out the year with a phantom injury so he could protect Borgstrom! There sure are a lot scum-balls running organizations! I'm embarrassed...this is how expansion teams become the "next" Kansas city Scouts

Oh good lord... Chill please. Dude the expansion teams before vegas were completely under different rules than what vegas and Seattle went through. So can we not compare it to expansion teams of the past.

Stuff like that happens all the time. Nylander had a legitimate injury. You can't fake an injury just for the sake of not eating up a ELC year.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
What this comes down to is that Colorado felt they got a better deal with New Jersey than whatever deal was being discussed with Seattle and losing a different player other than Graves.
Personally I didn't want Graves! I wanted him as a bargaining chip for Jost and a bad contract! Colorado is not going to be as good as last 2020-21 season and have a few holes to fill,even more when Landeskog departs for "greener" pastures!!!Colorado got Maltsev and a low 2nd rounder 60th overall or something like that...so basically a 3rd rounder!Wishing for Seattle to take Dennis Gilbert a LD to stick it to Colorado's depth department while also not taking bad contracts from brainiac Sakic,LMFAO!!!

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Oh good lord... Chill please. Dude the expansion teams before vegas were completely under different rules than what vegas and Seattle went through. So can we not compare it to expansion teams of the past.

Stuff like that happens all the time. Nylander had a legitimate injury. You can't fake an injury just for the sake of not eating up a ELC year.
I bet Kucherov and Tampa faked the injury all the way to the Stanley Cup finals and championship! Francouz injury was bogus and so were a lot of shit that happened in the "professional" league called the NHL...and Shaw had a legit injury and Hossa and...c'mon man open your eyes,listen but better yet read between the lines from the BullShit the NHL is handing everyone!!!

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
They have to protect them after 3 seasons I believe anything less gives them a free ride and so they really gain an added 1,2,3 maybe more protective spots in essence!

And I'm telling you right now that you are mistaken. Go look up the expansion rules. Actually, I'll do it for you.

This is directly from NHL.com:
* All first- and second-year professionals, and all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection and will not be counted toward protection limits.

Anyone who has completed their second year as a professional, no matter where they played, is eligible to be taken in the expansion draft.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
And I'm telling you right now that you are mistaken. Go look up the expansion rules. Actually, I'll do it for you.

This is directly from NHL.com:
* All first- and second-year professionals, and all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection and will not be counted toward protection limits.

Anyone who has completed their second year as a professional, no matter where they played, is eligible to be taken in the expansion draft.
Don't take my word for it ask these guys...

Seattle Expansion Draft Simulator - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I bet Kucherov and Tampa faked the injury all the way to the Stanley Cup finals and championship! Francouz injury was bogus and so were a lot of shit that happened in the "professional" league called the NHL...and Shaw had a legit injury and Hossa and...c'mon man open your eyes,listen but better yet read between the lines from the BullShit the NHL is handing everyone!!!

Dude what is your problem... You can't fake an injury to get onto LTIR. THe league has go after teams before in the past for misusing LTIR. Chill please.

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
I always believed War was for crazies,locos,pazze!
Oh, it is. But that perfectly described most GMs.... these are grown men plotting to build a team to compete in a game that features guys on ice-skates shooting a frozen biscuit into a net as a career path.....

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Oh, it is. But that perfectly described most GMs.... these are grown men plotting to build a team to compete in a game that features guys on ice-skates shooting a frozen biscuit into a net as a career path.....
Guys shooting pucks at Goaltenders the size of mountains and equipment made for Astronauts! And trying to score goals in areas the size of a closed fist in the top corners! Hockey has become boring kind of like soccer too predictable...Hockey needs 4 on 4 all the time and nets that are 10 x 10 to offset the "gross" goalie equipment

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Guys shooting pucks at Goaltenders the size of mountains and equipment made for Astronauts! And trying to score goals in areas the size of a closed fist in the top corners! Hockey has become boring kind of like soccer too predictable...Hockey needs 4 on 4 all the time and nets that are 10 x 10 to offset the "gross" goalie equipment

That will never happen. Can you stop hijacking the thread thank you.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

Grubauer is an UFA that might not be back. So they easily could have protected Francouz anyways if they wanted. Not to mention that Sakic spent multiple picks on backup goalies in Johansson and Dubnyk because of the damn Francouz injury.
Timmins lost a year due to concussion issues. He went from looking like a promising top4 D to a maybe. So you probably want to relax a bit. All of that had nothing to do with the expansion draft.

Also if you want to screw the Avs, you certainly do not root for them to take Gilbert. That guy has 0 future in the organisation and I even forgot we owned his rights. Losing him would be doing them a favor. The guys you want to pick to annoy the Avs are Logan O'Connor or Jacob McDonald because they are very cheap, great depth guys and earn nothing. Ideally the Avs want you to take Compher (probably not gonna happen but that would be the dream) and to a lesser extent Donskoi (provided that they find a way to keep Landeskog) to free up some capspace or a guy like Gilbert with no future in the organisation.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
The 2 areas I feel like we will be good in right off the gate is our D and the goalies. Forwards are going to be close to tire-fire. But if Hakstol can get the team to buy into a team defense mentality, we could be decent.

My main hope really is that GMRF can get us some high picks in this year and next years draft. While people on the main board complain about how GMRF has screwed himself by high asking prices, probably best for us to just wait and see what gets announced after the expansion.

Reactions: andys

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
The 2 areas I feel like we will be good in right off the gate is our D and the goalies. Forwards are going to be close to tire-fire. But if Hakstol can get the team to buy into a team defense mentality, we could be decent.

My main hope really is that GMRF can get us some high picks in this year and next years draft. While people on the main board complain about how GMRF has screwed himself by high asking prices, probably best for us to just wait and see what gets announced after the expansion.

Problem is people are reacting over a vague statement reported by Media that no GM is going to publicly say what exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad