Expansion Draft Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
@RainyCityHockey 's mock list is one of the more plausible ones I have seen. Here is mine I did a week or 2 ago but didn't get around to sharing, lot of similarities

ANAHaydn Fleury
ARIMichael Bunting
BOSJérémy Lauzon
BUFLawrence Pilut
CGYMatthew Phillips
CARBrady Skjei
CHINikita Zadorov
COLTyson Jost
CBJEric Robinson
DALJoe Pavelski
DETVlad Namestnikov
EDMStuart Skinner
FLAChris Driedger
LAAustin Wagner
MINCarson Soucy
MTLJake Allen
NSHColton Sissons
NJNathan Bastian
NYIScott Mayfield
NYRColin Blackwell
OTTJoey Daccord
PHIJames vanRiemsdyk
PITJason Zucker
STLVince Dunn
SJDylan Gambrell
TBMathieu Joseph
TORTravis Dermott
VANJonah Gadjovich
WSHTJ Oshie
WPGJansen Harkins
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Some of these may be headscratchers but the rationale with picks like Pilut and Skinner are that not all 30 picks are going to be able to be in an opening night lineup. Pilut is signed overseas, and Daccord and Skinner do not require waivers AFAIK. Bunting is a Group VI (I think that's the numeral) free agent who is under the radar and ARI doesn't have much else (besides Hill)

My heart says Oshie for the Caps but something tells me Samsonov may find a fresh start in the PNW.

Samsonov hasn't been playing so well in the playoffs and he's a RFA.

Last edited:

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Samsonov hasn't been playing so well in the playoffs and he's a UFA.
First off Ilya Samonov is not a UFA unless you're talking about Sergei Samsonov and second this team Washington Capitols are the Russian Capitols ruled by A Ovechkin

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Ducks fan here, really doubt Fleury gets exposed. He was solid for the Ducks in the few games he played & showed some good chemistry with Drysdale down the stretch; not to mention Murray's comments after acquiring him.

I think Anaheim goes 8-1, protecting:

F
Rakell, Lundestrom, Terry, Silfverberg (not saying they should, but given his Alternate Captain status & what GM Murray thinks about him he seems like a lock)

D
Fowler, Lindholm, Fleury, Manson

G
Gibson

Which would make Steel, Jones, Mahura & Shattenkirk the more interesting options. Hope Francis stays away from Larsson. He's BAD.
I actually like Larsson,but Steel would be more enticing

wraparound

May 17, 2014
I actually like Larsson,but Steel would be more enticing
I’m inclined to agree Steel would be a better choice between the two, but not by very much.

I’d go for Mahura, myself. Still has some developing to do but I think his floor & ceiling are higher than Larsson’s, not to mention he is still waiver exempt which is a bonus as I think another year in the AHL would do him well.

49C9A176-730B-4205-99CA-7472049D0CB1.jpeg EF9279CB-A897-4623-9339-A4157BAB5761.jpeg

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think Tyler Parsons could be on the radar for the Kraken as the pick from Calgary. The kid is loaded with potential but has had some injury/mental health issues since going pro. He's also a guy the Kraken will be able to demote without fear of being claimed. With him coming off an injury year, having him start in the ECHL to get reps rather than finding a roster spot where he will play a decent number of games in the AHL (as Palm Springs starts in 2022-23) might be beneficial. The Flames fan in me hates the idea of losing Parsons, I think he is about to break out.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I think Tyler Parsons could be on the radar for the Kraken as the pick from Calgary. The kid is loaded with potential but has had some injury/mental health issues since going pro. He's also a guy the Kraken will be able to demote without fear of being claimed. With him coming off an injury year, having him start in the ECHL to get reps rather than finding a roster spot where he will play a decent number of games in the AHL (as Palm Springs starts in 2022-23) might be beneficial. The Flames fan in me hates the idea of losing Parsons, I think he is about to break out.
Zagidulin and Wolf has moved ahead of Parsons and I expect the Flames to draft another goaltender in this 2021 draft(2nd round) perhaps

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
He can't even crack the .900 save % mark in the AHL so there's no way he's anywhere near Seattle's radar and if he is they've failed in hiring decent pro scouts.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Zagidulin and Wolf has moved ahead of Parsons and I expect the Flames to draft another goaltender in this 2021 draft(2nd round) perhaps
Wolf has moved ahead of alot of goalies, he just finished arguably the best WHL career for a goalie. Zagildulin is older and only got more opportunity due to injuries IMO.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Wolf has moved ahead of alot of goalies, he just finished arguably the best WHL career for a goalie. Zagildulin is older and only got more opportunity due to injuries IMO.
He's pretty small at 6-0 feet tall,not ideal...PS what did mean by best for a goalie...better than Grant Fuhr, John Davidson,Carey Price,Braden Holtby,Olaf Kolzig,Mike Vernon,Ron Hextall,Andy Moog or even Carter Hart...you are joking right

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Who are they going to expose? And besides Poulin is 2-3 years away from making the roster and having some sort of Impact!

Samuel Poulin does not need to be protected and the Pens will not trade him to Seattle to protect any of the players they leave exposed.

At this point I think the Pens will expose:

Tanev
Zucker
ZAR
Pettersson
DeSmith

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Samuel Poulin does not need to be protected and the Pens will not trade him to Seattle to protect any of the players they leave exposed.

At this point I think the Pens will expose:

Tanev
Zucker
ZAR
Pettersson
DeSmith
With the draft being top heavy with Defensive prospects with most of the Offensive players available carrying huge contracts perhaps Seattle take a Minor Leaguer from Wilkes-Barre Scranton

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He's pretty small at 6-0 feet tall,not ideal...PS what did mean by best for a goalie...better than Grant Fuhr, John Davidson,Carey Price,Braden Holtby,Olaf Kolzig,Mike Vernon,Ron Hextall,Andy Moog or even Carter Hart...you are joking right
I literally mean one of the best WHL Careers ever. You simply can't argue the numbers.
WHL Goalies ‑ All-Time Wins Leaders

In all-time WHL goalie stats Wolf is
  • 14th in wins (the only goalie ahead of him that didn't play 20+ more games was Martin Jones)
  • Of the top 50 goalies in wins, only 4 lost fewer games
  • 2nd best GAA
  • 1st in SV% (by a staggering 0.008)
  • 3rd in shutouts (2 ahead with 2 more have played 30 and 40 more games)

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I literally mean one of the best WHL Careers ever. You simply can't argue the numbers.
WHL Goalies ‑ All-Time Wins Leaders

In all-time WHL goalie stats Wolf is
  • 14th in wins (the only goalie ahead of him that didn't play 20+ more games was Martin Jones)
  • Of the top 50 goalies in wins, only 4 lost fewer games
  • 2nd best GAA
  • 1st in SV% (by a staggering 0.008)
  • 3rd in shutouts (2 ahead with 2 more have played 30 and 40 more games)
Don't really care about numbers...will he be a numero uno NHL 'tender...no!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Don't really care about numbers...will he be a numero uno NHL 'tender...no!
Why is that? Because he's not 2" taller? Because he was drafted in the 7th round?

Writing off someone who has been dominant in juniors for literally no reason is nonsensical.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Why is that? Because he's not 2" taller? Because he was drafted in the 7th round?

Writing off someone who has been dominant in juniors for literally no reason is nonsensical.
Besides behind a bunch of goaltenders...The trend in the NHL is 6-4 and bigger,the bigger the more of the 6x4 is covered! On top of that Wolf's numbers are inflated by the caliber of hockey played especially during the Covid-19, 2020-21 season

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
The Seattle Kraken will draft a bunch of Minor Leaguers to stock their Palm Springs,AHL team and so they can pursue some UFA's!

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Besides behind a bunch of goaltenders...The trend in the NHL is 6-4 and bigger,the bigger the more of the 6x4 is covered! On top of that Wolf's numbers are inflated by the caliber of hockey played especially during the Covid-19, 2020-21 season
Really? He won goaltender of the year last season (they didn't play post-covid last season) and again this year. Seems to me he was playing at that level before covid too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad