Speculation: Expansion Draft Discussion Part IV - All Shall be Revealed in 24 Hrs Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Old one full.

I want them to take Plekanec over Emelin because of the salary difference. Also MTL's LD as of now is atrocious

I would also prefer they select Plekanec because that would give Montreal 25M in cap space. I'm okay with Emelin as well because that gives Montreal 23.1M so either Emelin or Plekanec, the Habs will be in a really, really good place cap wise.

But there is a good chance Davidson gets picked. That would give Montreal about 20.5M, which is still good.

Even though the Habs' defense looks bleak on the left side at the moment, I have a good feeling Habs will make moves to refill that side on D this off-season. And the big cap room will help them achieve their goal.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
It would be so nice if somehow we ended up getting Staal. I doubt it actually happens but man that would be great.

Yea I would be very happy with that. When I read this type of scenario online a day or two ago, I was like F*** Yeah that would be real sweet.

If I'm not mistaken, Lebrun said that Montreal didn't make any deals with Vegas. This is either because McPhee has told Bergevin who they want and Bergevin was content with their draft selection. Or that Bergevin is okay with any of the players exposed being selected and that he'll deal with whatever he's left with after Vegas make their selection.

Lebrun also said that from what he hears, Montreal isn't interested in giving up their draft picks in order to protect an exposed player or to ensure they select someone specific. Nothing about what they'd offer in a possible trade after the expansion draft.

I'm really hoping Gallant is pushing for Plekanec. He had real high praise for Plekanec a while ago talking about his time being an assistant coach here.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Actually looks like Vegas might be looking to sign Erik Haula which would count at he player they select from the Wild. So no Staal :(

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Actually looks like Vegas might be looking to sign Erik Haula which would count at he player they select from the Wild. So no Staal :(

Would have been a bigger haula if only they'd trada with the Habsa.

One option down, 29 others to go.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Minny probable gave them their 1st rounder to not pick Staal or something.

Can you imagine McPhee going into the 1st round on Friday with 10 1st round picks!!

A 1st rounder to not pick Staal but how about Dumba? Scandella?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
A 1st rounder to not pick Staal but how about Dumba? Scandella?

Habs are going to have to trade directly with Minny for that, if they're even embarking on that course. I dunno, what else did Vegas get with Haula -- must have (or maybe I should say "must of" to be consistent with the writing rules of this forum:sarcasm:) gotten something of significant value to tilt the balance.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Minny probable gave them their 1st rounder to not pick Staal or something.

Can you imagine McPhee going into the 1st round on Friday with 10 1st round picks!!

Sounds like Minnesota is planning on losing Staal since all the rumors I've heard are about them trading away assets to keep Dumba/Scandella. I haven't heard anything about Staal.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Habs are going to have to trade directly with Minny for that, if they're even embarking on that course. I dunno, what else did Vegas get with Haula -- must have (or maybe I should say "must of" to be consistent with the writing rules of this forum:sarcasm:) gotten something of significant value to tilt the balance.

I mean, I can't wait to see what MIN paid so that Vegas picks freaking Haula instead of one of Dumba, Scandella or Staal. :amazed:

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Would make a very interesting farm team to follow (ok, some of these choices would stay with the big team). Imagine having ten first rounders from the same year growing together with the Laval Rocket

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
Would make a very interesting farm team to follow (ok, some of these choices would stay with the big team). Imagine having ten first rounders from the same year growing together with the Laval Rocket

I think eventually we would develop one of them out of 10 into a serviceable 4th liner in the NHL

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I mean, I can't wait to see what MIN paid so that Vegas picks freaking Haula instead of one of Dumba, Scandella or Staal. :amazed:

If McPhee got fleeced on that, there's no telling who else got to him. And if that happened, we'd have to change his name to that of this other George from Back to the Future:

1r8nv9.gif

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I was just thinking, I could see MB using Vegas as a proxy in a trade for Galchenyuk. Vegas will have a bunch of 1st round picks and maybe a player or two MB likes. Vegas can get a player to build around and promote for the franchise. That wouldn't shock me. Though I am heavily entrenched in the do not trade Galchenyuk camp. Unless it's for a very good return that actually helps the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad