This thread right now:

tenor.gif
WHOSE IS PEPE SILVIE AND WHY IS SEATTLE AFTER HIM,

HabsFather

Twitter: @HabsFather
Jul 12, 2006
Montreal Forum
www.getthepuckout.net
I think MB is thinking its win-win scenario for the Habs.
Sucks to lose him but we lose that horrible contract.

If we keep him, we have the back up to carry us to the playoffs and a well rested Price is a dominant one.

Seattle can play the same game and pick up a good back up to carry the load for Carey to be unleashed of they get into a playoff.

But..Price will eventually decline in the playoffs..hasn't happened yet though.

Either way MB made the right call for either short or long term goals for the Habs. God bless Carey!

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Garber for sure is all in on Price. After all, if reports are to be believed, Ron Francis has the green light from ownership to take Price regardless of it all.

I'd take Price personally. The worst that can happen is he ends up on LTIR for the rest of his career. The best that can happen is a repeat of Fleury with the Knight. The best here out-weight the worst by a landslide. There's no difference between having Price on LTIR for a couple of years or having Fleury in your AHL team or having to pay Byron, a 4th liner, 3 millions. Byron sells here because our fan base loves this type of players,. With any other team he's a nobody paid too much. All 3 options are pretty much useless so might as well just roll the dice on Price.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
MB must think that with the flat cap there will be enough UFAs available at reduced prices that if he gets the cap space for Price and Weber he can sign replacements who are pretty good and have enough cap left over to upgrade other areas to make up the difference. He had useless cap space for years, and gave some inflated contracts because there was nothing to do with it. Now there are guys who will take his money.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Speculation on radio 690 Bergevin is sending a first round pick this year to Kraken along with Drouin for them to select Byron.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I think MB is thinking its win-win scenario for the Habs.
Sucks to lose him but we lose that horrible contract.

If we keep him, we have the back up to carry us to the playoffs and a well rested Price is a dominant one.

Seattle can play the same game and pick up a good back up to carry the load for Carey to be unleashed of they get into a playoff.

But..Price will eventually decline in the playoffs..hasn't happened yet though.

Either way MB made the right call for either short or long term goals for the Habs. God bless Carey!

I'll eat crow if it happens but we are not playoffs bound with Allen if things go back to normal unless Primeau step up.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
MB must think that with the flat cap there will be enough UFAs available at reduced prices that if he gets the cap space for Price and Weber he can sign replacements who are pretty good and have enough cap left over to upgrade other areas to make up the difference. He had useless cap space for years, and gave some inflated contracts because there was nothing to do with it. Now there are guys who will take his money.
will ufas want to sign with the habs after losing price and Weber?

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
I think what the other teams says is they are not really injured like our fan base said of Kucherov last season. Both played all games in playoffs and both played very well so you can't really blame other teams to be questioning the injuries if you did not blame our own fan base when they questioned Kucherov injury last season.

I can see that, but again, this is a weird bluff to pull considering that Seattle has access to all medical records. These will have to support the claim reporters have made, otherwise why would Seattle shy away from taking one of them beside the AAV?

Also, as far as I understand, both players future may be questionable due to upcoming surgeries. Players play so many times through injuries (Petry!!!) and have surgeries after. So while they manage to play good in the playoff, one can't think that it can continue or be the same after the surgery.

HabsFather

Twitter: @HabsFather
Jul 12, 2006
Montreal Forum
www.getthepuckout.net
I'll eat crow if it happens but we are not playoffs bound with Allen if things go back to normal unless Primeau step up.
I disagree.
We made the playoffs in spite of Carey' horrible play.

We did great in the playoffs because of how he was meant to play.

Without Carey Price and playing Allen i think we still make the playoffs..do we go as deep? Definitely not. Price is our playoff juggernaut.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Carey Price is the only reason we sniffed the playoffs the past few years. We’d have been a lottery team in 2019 and 2020 without him. That’s why he regularly wins best goalie when his peers have been polled.

And before you talk to me about Jake Allen, look how he did as the starter. Even with the rough start Price had this year he was 12-7-5. We couldn’t win a game once he went down.
That's exactly my point. Price can't put together a strong regular season anymore, nor can he stay healthy. The guy missed significant time with his "concussion" which I still think that there's more to that. Evans was blown up by Scheifle and was back in 2 weeks! And he's had multiple concussions.
Anyway, Price won 12 games last season. Out of 56! Honestly, this team needs to be a lottery team in order to build. They hang onto these battered vets rather than rebuild, then get stuck with them. Last season was an anomaly. Sure the playoff run was exciting, but people need to realize it wouldn't happen again even with Price, Weber and Danault.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I disagree.

Without Carey Price and playing Allen i think we still make the playoffs..do we go as deep? Definitely not. Price is our playoff juggernaut.
With Niemi, Tokarski etc in nets Habs don’t get a sniff of playoffs

Reactions: dinodebino

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I can see that, but again, this is a weird bluff to pull considering that Seattle has access to all medical records. These will have to support the claim reporters have made, otherwise why would Seattle shy away from taking one of them beside the AAV?

Also, as far as I understand, both players future may be questionable due to upcoming surgeries. Players play so many times through injuries (Petry!!!) and have surgeries after. So while they manage to play good in the playoff, one can't think that it can continue or be the same after the surgery.

Yes but you can be sure the NHL and the insurance both had the medical record of Kucherov and people still questioned the injury. As Lance Armstrong and many others proved in the past you can falsify medical records. Personally i think it's silly to complain about things like that but our fan base did so hard to blame others for doing it imo.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I don’t trust Bergevin at the moment. He has no contract and may use the injuries as an excuse not to do anything. I guess we will know within 2 weeks
Well that’s just it

With the centres who’ve arrived and young Primeau ready to make the jump
With Allen I’m pretty confident we are in win now mode

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I disagree.

We made the playoffs finishing 18th which i think is a record. Allen has never been able to handle the pressure to be number 1.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
It might be Price bailing out Bergevin yet again by throwing the curve ball at him on the waiving his NMC at last moment. :laugh:

I think it's more Price sees Weber not coming back and understanding that he needs surgery and that as such it's not a given that they can repeat another deep run in the SC. As such he can accept both outcomes: stay in MTL or go to Seattle.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
A mediocre team…….:laugh:

let’s not exaggerate there LG…..mediocre would be Vancouver or Nashville.

Think the Habs are a good team who can thrive in the playoffs
We’re mediocre. Green up front, lack of mobility in the back.

I think we’ll improve as our forwards get older but our D is a mess.

Reactions: Wats
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad