Stanley Cup final 2021/22 season

Seattle vs Montreal

Price vs Marc Andre Fleury

Reactions: Noldo

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Well this should be interesting....I can't even imagine what the team will look like by the time the puck drops to start the season.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
They are flipping him back to Habs with retained salary...book it.

Assuming they retain at least 2m/year...who the hell is worth 10M on the Habs? Why give up that asset when you have money available with Drouin and Weber on the injury list. Makes no sense to me.

They pick him and play him or they are simply not interested and he stays a Hab, imo.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The media boys will dig into the trade back with retention option I am sure! Lots of speculation and opinions but we will know for sure here by tomorrow on that. Maybe tonight

I just don’t see both Price and the Habs gambling on it with no side plan. If they do, I’m not a fan of taking that risk! Rather keep him and trade him with retention so we get value back… if they wanted to divorce

iamtalbot

Oct 18, 2007
Thinking if weber is done for good and price had made it known he wants out that would explain why MBdidnt sound like he wanted to be GM anymore at end of year presser.

Based on what we made available and the lack of bonafide super stars available I can see Seattle taking price for a face of franchise marketing.

Reactions: Lshap

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I think Bergevin should start shopping for a new #1 goalie. No way Seattle doesn't pick Price for the foundation of their new team.
Francis doesn't have the cojones to pick Price and MB knows it.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Whatever happens, you've gotta appreciate the gamesmanship between GMs.

Kraken GM Francis states he's prioritizing cap space – is he being honest or is it a ploy to see if he can steal a high-priced star?

Bergevin dangles Price – is he gambling that Price's contract scares off Seattle, or is there a side deal in place? Or... does Price actually want to leave?

The chess moves are almost as much fun as hockey.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I think Bergevin should start shopping for a new #1 goalie. No way Seattle doesn't pick Price for the foundation of their new team.

Nobody understands.. Jake Allen has a 2.06 goals against and a 924 save% in 29 career playoff games...:)

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Whatever happens, you've gotta appreciate the gamesmanship between GMs.

Kraken GM Francis states he's prioritizing cap space – is he being honest or is it a ploy to see if he can steal a high-priced star?

Bergevin dangles Price – is he gambling that Price's contract scares off Seattle, or is there a side deal in place? Or... does Price actually want to leave?

The chess moves are almost as much fun as hockey.

Yeah this is kind of like Game Of Thrones but with GMs instead

As of now many things can happen with some plot twists being thrown in for good measures. Suffice to say that wednesday is gonna be real interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad