HF Habs: Expansion Draft 2021 Part 5: The Exposed List edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Some teams have left jack shit for them to pick. I've done my own run through and after one pass through all 30 lists, I've only got 12 picks made.

Henrique, Domi, Johansen, Bailey, Tarasenko and Gourde at F.

Kylington, Bean, Gostisbehere & DeMelo at D.

Driedger & Vanecek in goals.

DEFINITIVELY better forwards than D available.-

That's another reason why i think they will pick Kulak. Cheap D depth on a manageable contract and they can get better forwards than Drouin at 5.5 and Byron at 3.5 for the money. Price they won't pick because of his contract

I fully expect Kulak to be a Kraken on wednesday

Reactions: Habs13 and Be a Hab

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Some teams have left jack shit for them to pick. I've done my own run through and after one pass through all 30 lists, I've only got 12 picks made.

Palat/Killorn ahead of Gourde for sure.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
fun fact

Carey Price won 1 round in his first 30 playoff games 9 wins -17 losses
Jake Allen won 1 round in his first 29 playoff games.. 11 wins -12 losses

hmm...

again Jake Allen 2.06 gaa /924 sv% in playoffs..very solid playoff numbers
Completely different teams in front.

Do we make it past the first round if we've got Allen in nets? No.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Giordano is getting picked for sure.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
They haven't debunked anything.

Friedman said the NHL would have to approve such a move and it seems highly unlikely they would.

Engels retweeted that statement and tweeted his own where he was completely transparent in saying such a move would be negated as a clear circumvention of the expansion draft rules. That any move like that could not be prearranged and would face heavy scrutiny.

You add the Angela Price Instagram story to that and the move would be outright rejected on that alone.

So there's no prearrangement. If there was, it would be blocked by the NHL.

It can't be any further debunked than jt already has been.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Friedman said the NHL would have to approve such a move and it seems highly unlikely they would.

Engels retweeted that statement and tweeted his own where he was completely transparent in saying such a move would be negated as a clear circumvention of the expansion draft rules. That any move like that could not be prearranged and would face heavy scrutiny.

You add the Angela Price Instagram story to that and the move would be outright rejected on that alone.

So there's no prearrangement. If there was, it would be blocked by the NHL.

It can't be any further debunked than jt already has been.

So how do you explain Angela's message then?

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City

Rutta would be the logical choice because of Gourde's salary. Dermott from TML is not a bad pick and Hagg from Philly as well.

Sammy Blais from St-Louis at F, Aston-Reese from Pittsburgh..

I think there's many affordable good choices there.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I have yet to hear a good argument as to why they wouldn't.

If it is structured in a way that Seattle is getting at least a player out of it the NHL isn't going to give a shit. They want Seattle to be competitive. That's their main objective here. That's why they've allowed the loophole for them to be able to trade players back to teams after selecting them.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Look at Tampa. During the regular season. With and without Vasi.

A goalie playing 2.06 gaa /924sv% makes it "possible" to get thru a playoff round....could Jake Alllen go on a playoff run 1 season? possible... I seen many goalies do it .

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I’m scared to loose Price honestly.

Loosing Price, Weber and Danault in one off season for a defensive minded team, is bad!

Reactions: Stive Morgan

HostileCapSpace

Jul 1, 2019
Montreal
Engels and Friedman essentially debunked this already. Yet it won't stop the usual suspects from fear mongering it.

The only thing I'm wondering about what they're saying is how would the league even investigate this short of recording GM phone calls. You can't prove intent even if it's quite apparent. It's not like an independent doctor examining an injured player.

Anyway, moot point.

Reactions: V13

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
A goalie playing 2.06 gaa /924sv% makes it "possible" to get thru a playoff round....could Jake Alllen go on a playoff run 1 season? possible... I seen many goalies do it .

But that's because in the past, we put everything on him. That team without him was a bottom 5 team. Of course he will have a losing record. But make that team a good team, around what we had this year, and then you are in the Finals. Against the beset team in the league that had NO weaknesses, INCLUDING what players in the league say is the BEST goalie in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad