Exhibition: Aug 25 GDT - USA vs. Canada (1-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
19bruins19 said:
Line Changes :eek: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/shownews.jsp?content=s0824145A

Marleau-Sakic-Iginla
Smyth-Lecavalier-Heatley
Morrow-Thornton-Doan
Gagne-Draper-Maltby

The Richards-Lemieux-St.Louis line stays intact and so does the defence.

Why split Thornton-Heatley? I thought they played well in the last game :dunno:

I like the idea of moving Gagne down, IMO he should be in the press box come the real games.

Vic Rattlehead*

I would think that the Gagne-Draper-Maltby line in the pressbox because of the bad game the Draper-Maltby had.

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
I brought up the idea earlier of putting Marleau with Sakic as they posses the 2 best wrist/snap shots in the game, although I thought Lacavalier would be on the line. A perfect set up man for 2 great finishers. Still how can you go wrong with Iginla.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
19bruins19 said:
Morrow-Thornton-Doan

Physicly, lines won't get any better than this one.. Here's hoping Morrow does well and impresses management enough to be a regular member above Kirk Maltby. Will be nice to see how he treats his Captain Modano and linemate Guerin tonight..

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
19bruins19 said:
Line Changes :eek: http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/shownews.jsp?content=s0824145A

Marleau-Sakic-Iginla
Smyth-Lecavalier-Heatley
Morrow-Thornton-Doan
Gagne-Draper-Maltby

The Richards-Lemieux-St.Louis line stays intact and so does the defence.

I thought they did too. I don't mind Marleau on with Sakic & Iginla though. I would've liked a Heatley-Thornton-Doan line like they had on the power-play. Here's how I would've had them.

Lemieux-Richards-St. Louis
Marleau-Sakic-Iginla
Heatley-Thornton-Doan(I awsume Heatley played Left Wing on the PP)
Smyth-Lecavalier-Morrow
5th Line- Gagne-Draper-Maltby

Also Zednik20, it's a very strange day when a Canadiens fan helps a Bruins fan. Thanks though.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Although it'd have been nice to have won the first exhibition game, I definetly think that the team we saw the other night wasnt nearly Team Canada's best effort. There is no way a Team like USA outshoots Canada 34-20.

And as for Luongo so what he let in a couple of bad goals. I'd still take him over any goalie in this tourny not named Brodeur. Would you rather have Robert Esche? No.

Even tonight I think Canada will win but they wont stomp the USA the way they will in the round robin games. Also remember that we were playing possum hockey the other night. All of our best stars werent even dressed. Its exhibition, its a feeling out time. Remember in 1987? Some people forget this but we lost an exhibition game to Russia 9-4! Mario scored all four goals that game. And we turned out just fine in that tourny.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Big Phil said:
Although it'd have been nice to have won the first exhibition game, I definetly think that the team we saw the other night wasnt nearly Team Canada's best effort. There is no way a Team like USA outshoots Canada 34-20.

And as for Luongo so what he let in a couple of bad goals. I'd still take him over any goalie in this tourny not named Brodeur. Would you rather have Robert Esche? No.

Even tonight I think Canada will win but they wont stomp the USA the way they will in the round robin games. Also remember that we were playing possum hockey the other night. All of our best stars werent even dressed. Its exhibition, its a feeling out time. Remember in 1987? Some people forget this but we lost an exhibition game to Russia 9-4! Mario scored all four goals that game. And we turned out just fine in that tourny.

Yeah, there's no way an American team laden with players with immense offensive skills can outshoot and outscore the Canadian squad.... :shakehead This is the type of attitude that get teams in trouble.

roast

Mar 3, 2004
Pittsburgh
Big Phil said:

Richards, Lemieux, and St.Louis were not dressed and they do account for quite a bit, however that team was still pretty star-studded.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
19bruins19 said:

i agree completely. if i'm running that team i would have heatley on with either lemieux or thornton at all times. a big playmaking centre who commands a lot of space and attention is perfect to go with heatley's ability to find the open areas and finish. of course, lecavalier meets that description too, but he's not as good as the other two IMO

Reilly311

Big Phil said:
Even tonight I think Canada will win but they wont stomp the USA the way they will in the round robin games. Also remember that we were playing possum hockey the other night. All of our best stars werent even dressed. Its exhibition, its a feeling out time.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Papa Smurf

Jun 9, 2004
Oshawa, Ontario
Reilly311 said:
must you reply to ALL of my posts?

Yeah pretty much.

But seriously, if you honostly think Canada will not win tonight, fine. But atleast use something to back up your oppinion with rather than just a bunch of ( :lol ).

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
i think the US will win this one as well. but that's ok, nothing brings this country together like blind panic

Justin Pogge #1

Jun 5, 2004
Toronto Ontario
:banghead: :banghead: can't wait till it starts!!!!! wish it would show on tv not like leafs tv. with the richards-lemieux-st louis line i think we can do better than last game. BTW which line is sitting out??

Dar

Jan 22, 2003
Visit site
Sundin_McCabe_Eddie said:
with the richards-lemieux-st louis line i think we can do better than last game. BTW which line is sitting out??
Hard to say as Quinn's juggled all the lines including the defensive pairings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad