GDT: Exhibition • North America vs. Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Really excited for some September hockey. Don't really know how to cheer for North America though. Go team N A?

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Interested to see how McLellan plays the 4th line. Couturier is already a high end defensive C at the NHL level so I'm hoping that line gets the tough match ups.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Interested to see how McLellan plays the 4th line. Couturier is already a high end defensive C at the NHL level so I'm hoping that line gets the tough match ups.

I have a feeling that line simply won't get much playing time. All three other lines can handle themselves against the NHL's best. For example McDavid is one of the best C's in the NHL, RNH has been playing against the wests best centres and finding success for the past 5 years.

I really don't see a place for that line.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I have a feeling that line simply won't get much playing time. All three other lines can handle themselves against the NHL's best. For example McDavid is one of the best C's in the NHL, RNH has been playing against the wests best centres and finding success for the past 5 years.

I disagree, I think they'll be rolling 4 lines through as is common in international hockey. When your 4th line is that talented you want to keep fresh legs on the ice.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
At least I get to see Tatar and Nielsen together :sigh: I get the Larkin benching, but NaCl level is over 9000 though.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

Miller-Coots-Tro is still a pretty talented line. I think that Team NA will be able to perfectly roll 4 lines.

McDavidbowie

Mar 2, 2016
Saying 5-2 for N.A

At least some of the Canadians and Americans have played together. Team Europe is a hodgepodge of players.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Saying 5-2 for N.A

At least some of the Canadians and Americans have played together. Team Europe is a hodgepodge of players.

A hodgepodge of veterans and several of who have played at the highest levels before and have been in SC's and have won SC's.

If formchart plays out the vets take the unders to the cleaners.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic

Team that is not going to roll all 4 lines somehow equally is not going to win this tournament. I bet that Couturier's line is going to be very important for Team NA. Why the hell would you not use your "4th line" when you have players like Miller/Couts/Trocheck there?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Pregame on Sportsnet in Canada. We're getting closer :D.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
We've got NHL tonight doing broad NHL coverage and about 7 different channels doing Broncos-Panthers pregame.

No surprise. NFL is King in the USA and it's the season opener. I'm a huge football fan too (go Seahawks!).

Hopefully ESPN does a good job cover the games. You guys get this game right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad