GDT: Exhibition • Finland vs. Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Why is that an idiotic decision? Lunqvist will take the rest of the games and they wanted to give both some icetime. Nothing wrong with changing goalie in the middle of the game, they are prepared for it and can handle it.

Of course it is normally super wrong to change a goalie mid game unless something gone really wrong, like 0-4. But I guess the point was to test both backups, because Lundqvist are going to get the next two starts.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
That's pretty cool considering that he apparently had 57% corsi. Any thoughts as to the average corsi of Finland? Thought that Finland was playing on the defensive zone like 75% of the match so there shouldn't be too many players with positive corsi.

He played with Barkov. That's the way you to read advanced stats wrong. If you watched the game, you'd know Laine had almost nothing to do with that stat. He tried to do too much alone and turned the puck over a couple times. Barkov was just so beastly that it shows in everybody's numbers who got to play with him.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
Yes he is. Our forwards are slow and janky. Look how u23 played with that speed and skill.

The quality of the Europe teams defence isn't even comparable to swedens. NA looked like they were skating around pylons because pylons were in fact manning euros blueline..

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
The good

Barkov
Flip
Lehterä
Määttä
Risto
Granny
Komarov
Haula

I might have looked the game through Ilves glasses, but Jokipakka played a great game IMO. I thought that this level is too high for him, but he was reliable throughout the game in both ends and played one of the best games I have ever seen from him.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I might have looked the game through Ilves glasses, but Jokipakka played a great game IMO. I thought that this level is too high for him, but he was reliable throughout the game in both ends and played one of the best games I have ever seen from him.

It was good apart from missing a free empty net from 1 foot to the goal.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The quality of the Europe teams defence isn't even comparable to swedens. NA looked like they were skating around pylons because pylons were in fact manning euros blueline..

Its a substantially better blue line than for the Czechs which is scary.

MMANumminen

May 7, 2010
Political prisoner

Yes I forgot him but he was solid too the whole game. I watched the game through many glasses though

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
It was good apart from missing a free empty net from 1 foot to the goal.

It was a hard situation to score tho. The pass was so hard, and he didn't really just need to tap it in, but to hit the puck with power and from that position it's hard to do.

Jokipakka played a solid game, players like him aren't really that easy to notice on ice, but he actually made couple of good defensive plays and hits.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Late...third line reflections:

Söderberg looked good and quicker than I expected. Landeskog continues to take bad penalties and Rakell looked a bit invisible.

Hedman looks thinner...

BonAppleTea

May 16, 2013
Late...third line reflections:

Söderberg looked good and quicker than I expected. Landeskog continues to take bad penalties and Rakell looked a bit invisible.

Hedman looks thinner...

Yea Landeskog has to stop taking penalties all the time. He is doing good work, but it doesnt matter at all if he keeps racking up the minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad