GDT: Exhibition • Finland vs. Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Btw. How many exhibition games did Finland play before tonight's game?

Karlsson said that they had played 4 games, how is that possible?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Team Finland have new jerseys?

The organizer brought newly designed jerseys by Adidas for everyone for the World Cup, but Adidas didn't do much anything for the classic Swedish one.

Though, Finland also DO have newly designed jerseys for the IIHF events too which don't exactly please my eye. Some streetwear nonsense seems to have been involved with the explicit purpose of selling merc to the audiences.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Btw. How many exhibition games did Finland play before tonight's game?

Karlsson said that they had played 4 games, how is that possible?

It was probably Komarov who told him.:sarcasm:

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Seen this coming from a mile away. He needs a significant amount of development before he becomes something in the NHL.

Did you watch the game a mile away? :sarcasm: He didn't produce shots when the rest of the team (especially Vats) never got the PP in gear, but he wasn't a liability. Good battling, okay one on one, okay positioning and two-way play (even with the goal against where he was nearby). Middle of the pack. This in a team that was still struggling to find its game, against an excellent Swedish roster. Don't be surprised if he starts the season in the big club and doesn't look out of place. Sure, if by "something" you mean outstanding or elite out of the box, then I agree, he'll need more development before he hits his prime.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Only a exhibition game but...what idiotic decision to change goalie in the middle of the game. Unfair to Enroth and the main reason for the loss. Gotta sharpen up Grönborg.

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Lol Barkov @ Iltalehti: "The Swedes always have a skillful gang. I wonder what factory such skillplayers always come from."

Cue in the Terminator theme.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Sweden had the better of the play but Barkov was the best individual. He's just so ****in good.

Yeah Barkov looked great.

Swedens coach seems to have a lot of rust to shake off on the other hand...

Swedens 3rd line and the Sedins looked pretty good. EK took too many chances, cant affort that further on. Bäckis line was invisible, that could well be Grönborgs fault though.lil foppa didnt gave good game unfortunately.

JFG

Mar 14, 2012
Lol Barkov @ Iltalehti: "The Swedes always have a skillful gang. I wonder what factory such skillplayers always come from."

Cue in the Terminator theme.

Haha, Barkov is amazing.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
I thought Risto played well. Vatanen was the worst d

Didn't think Ristolainen played that well after the first, but it's clear no one on the D possesses as much pure game braking ability as him. Not his best game, but he made it so obvious who is our #1 D now and going forward.

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
I thought Risto played well. Vatanen was the worst d

Vatanen has always been a slow starter, as far back as his JYP days. Don't expect miracles from him in this tournament, at least in the first couple of games. Maybe it has something to do with his summer conditioning, I don't know.

Sorey*

Aug 26, 2016
Yeah Barkov looked great.

Swedens coach seems to have a lot of rust to shake off on the other hand...

Swedens 3rd line and the Sedins looked pretty good. EK took too many chances, cant affort that further on. Bäckis line was invisible, that could well be Grönborgs fault though.lil foppa didnt gave good game unfortunately.

Swedens coach is garbage. Look at the speed from NA team. Nylander is needed in sweden

Aug 3, 2010
Barkov was a standout, as mentioned by many previous posts. His anticipation on both sides of the luck is elite.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2015
Only a exhibition game but...what idiotic decision to change goalie in the middle of the game. Unfair to Enroth and the main reason for the loss. Gotta sharpen up Grönborg.

Why is that an idiotic decision? Lunqvist will take the rest of the games and they wanted to give both some icetime. Nothing wrong with changing goalie in the middle of the game, they are prepared for it and can handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad