GDT: Exhibition • April 24 • Canada vs. France • 3-2 final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
NMT- Point blank chance for Tavares, but Huet shuts the door with great save. 1-0 Canada leading France, three minutes into the middle...

NMT - France ties it at 1-1 at 4:03 of second period. Checking on goal but looked like Teddy Da Costa

NMT - Canada goes back in front. Great passing play, Tavares to Eberle to Spezza for the fgoal at 6:16

http://twitter.com/#!/HC_TeamCanada

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
I was at the game :)

Great crowd (about 13.000) and a lot of fun.
The ice wasn't very good (hot day in Paris) and Canada had some troubles in defense in the 1st period.
France played really, really well, far better than I expected. Huet was sharp, but the while team is waaaay better than in 2008. Huge progress for our NT.

1st goal is a deflection from Nash : Pietrangelo during a line change sends a long pass to Duchesne, who shoots and Nash deflects.
France tie the game with d-man Hecquefeuille (a former center) with a blast high.
Canada scores again just after that (PP was very good) with a good passing play for an open net to Spezza.
But France reacts and a very good shift, with several chances on Dubnyk, finished in the net by Stephane Da Costa.
France had to defend a long 5 on 3 and Huet was excellent.
A late penalty was a killer though, and Chris Stewart finishes the game with 1:30 remaining, with an open net.

Canada has some work to do : Burns and Schenn were really good. Phaneuf started really slowly (3 turnovers in the first 10 minutes) but was better later on. In front, Nash was huge, Duchesne had a lot of speed.

It was a fun game and I have more hopes for France now : we could make something good vs Belarus and who knows for the other games :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia