Post-Game Talk: [EX4] Canucks defeat Oilers | 5-2 (Hughes(2), Kuzmenko, Pettersson, & Di Giuseppe)

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Projected Line-Ups:

Canucks

Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Beauvillier
PDG-Miller-Boeser
Höglander-Suter-Garland
Aman-Blueger-Studnicka

Hughes-McWard
Cole-Hronek
Soucy-Myers

Demko

Oilers
TBD

Last edited:

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
I urge everyone to remember that teams utilize the preseason for different purposes. If we have a poor roster or do poorly, it doesn't really matter until it does.
The main thing that matters is evaluation of individuals. I hope we get to see Hronek in a televised game.

If we start 3-7 or some shit though, I will be right there with you.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I urge everyone to remember that teams utilize the preseason for different purposes. If we have a poor roster or do poorly, it doesn't really matter until it does.
The main thing that matters is evaluation of individuals. I hope we get to see Hronek in a televised game.

Therein lies the issue.....when you're a team that's basically blown yourself out of playoff contention in the first 15-games, for the last three consecutive seasons....you can hardly blame the Canuck faithful for being antsy in the midst of another lackluster pre-season.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Players most likely to get sent down who I think should get one more look...
Nielsen, Woo, Pod, Räty, Silovs.
I think it was a disservice to some of them that the only chance they got was in the built to fail lineup vs. Calgary.
One or two of Brisebois, Hirose, McWard and Wolanin will stick, so they probably need another chance to separate from the pack.
Which, I guess, is too many tweeners to ice at this point?
I think Pod is the only one from the first group that sees another game.

Reactions: LemonSauceD

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Even though it’s preseason, you’d hope to see some response here after Tocchet was grouching about effort and battle level post-Seattle.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011

We as a community need to unite and discourage this kind of level headed civilized approach to preseason hockey
If the Canucks have a bad pre-season game it’s our duty to complain, anything else is culturally insensitive

• Haha
Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
i would have liked to see joshua in there again but let's see what hoglander and studnicka can do

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Yes this looks like the opener lineup with Joshua probably in for Amen and Mikhayev for Hoglander who likely becomes the 13th forward until someone falls off or gets hurt

Would have liked to see Podkolzin on the 3rd line with Garland after they had chemistry before but he hasn't earned it

Also congrats to McWard so far he absolutely deserves where he is tonight

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Looks pretty close to our opening night lineup..will be interesting to see how the new look D handles itself.

I'm presuming that the Oilers will be icing a strong team as well..considering that they only dressed their scrubs last night against Calgary...Oilers won as well, against Calgarys top players.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012

Mmm, no. I'd prefer to declare some dramatic proclamations of utter failure of management, coaches, and players based on pre-season. If the team ain't scoring 10 tonight, they ain't winning 10 all season baby.

Happy to see how McWard continues to hold up. Hoping Hoglander stops over passing during odd man rushes and just rips the puck when he gets the nice feed.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad