GDT: [EX GM 5] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers | 6:00PM PST | SNET

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
McDavid putting up 20 points tonight, easy
This seems like a game where that SHOULD happen but it also seems like a game where the Canucks win 4-1.

edit: Nevermind, Oilers dressing up their full squad against this pathetic D. LOL.

Reactions: wonton15

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Really interested to see Holloway with Draisaitl, although I think this might not be a good test for them with the defense we are playing.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Given our inability to put together a full effort or show any sign of system play thusfar, it makes little sense to me to play a bunch of AHL players in game 5 of the preseason. The bigger concern by now should be to put the team together and get some game reps, not who the 3rd callup for 4th line wing should be. Given how many new faces there are up front that unit will need time to gel and it seems they aren't ready to play systematically.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
From the lineup it seems that they will ice their expected opening day lineup over the next 2 games.

Either they were going to split the squad evenly vs Edm with around 10 regulars each or they ended up doing what they are doing now and icing almost a full lineup in BC and sending a minimal lineup to Edm.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I haven't seen the Canucks entire lineup yet for this game...but it certainly has that 'lambs to the slaughter' vibe to it.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
It seems they've resolved themselves to this one being a massacre, and the gnashing of teeth that will inevitably follow.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I haven't seen the Canucks entire lineup yet for this game...but it certainly has that 'lambs to the slaughter' vibe to it.
Most HC probably would prefer fewer Exhibition games. Their main guys only need to play in 3 or 4. But the Canucks have 7 this season. So up to the HC to layout which games their guys get. Only so many spots up for grabs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad