Ekman-Larsson - Hughes
Dekeyser - Poolman
Burroughs - Rathbone
Juulsen - Wolanin

Demko
Silovs

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
seattle are only dressing 4 (5 if you count shane wright) regulars and 2 of them are 4th liners (geekie, donskoi). must skip tv

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
How much of a joke is the pre season when teams can dress less than half the roster with non NHLers.

Not only is it impossible to extract any value from the play of players when the time and space and pace of play is AHL level it's completely non sensical to the paying customer and delays the start of the season

5 games is more than enough. 2-3 half to 3/4 squad games followed by a couple tune ups where its almost a full roster

Like how pissed off would you be if some scrub AHLer from Seattle lays out and injures Pettersson. That whole split squad thing was a complete waste of time

theoriginalBCF

Jan 29, 2018
I just want to see an effort. I mean it was just a joke vs the Flames. Lacklustre, effort. No oomph. Again the way the team just goes through the motions is extremely concerning. Do not wait for the season to start. Set the tone early. If you need a full lineup then play the regular lineup all preseason ffs.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Meh. Don’t care much about the results of pre season games. There doesn’t seem to be much of a correlation between pre season success and the regular season.
The most interesting part is watching the younger players and seeing if anyone has taken a step.
Watching Karlsson, Hoglander and Rathbone. Also interested to see if Poolman can be an option if he’s finally healthy.

Reactions: Indiana

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Part of me thinks Horvat should play more games than not. I don’t want to blame him for the team’s historical slow starts but man he is notorious for stumbling out of the gate

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
We're dressing a really strong lineup for this game, for this early in the preseason.

Feels like they didn't like the effort/results in the last games.

One of the inside radio guys (I think maybe Dan Murphy?) said as much this week. Basically said that even though it was only preseason, internally the team was not happy at all with what they saw over the weekend in terms of effort.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
We're dressing a really strong lineup for this game, for this early in the preseason.

Feels like they didn't like the effort/results in the last games.
I bought tickets for the Saturday game in Seattle so I hope they ice a strong one there as well

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
One of the inside radio guys (I think maybe Dan Murphy?) said as much this week. Basically said that even though it was only preseason, internally the team was not happy at all with what they saw over the weekend in terms of effort.

Rutherford's comments indicated that as well.

They are very clearly trying to change the culture here and setting higher expectations than the '16th place is good enough' Benning/Green regime where veterans could slack and nobody really cared.

Reactions: Vector

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Looking forward to seeing how the D shakes out this game..Poolman,Wolanin,Dekeyser...and a reinvigorated Hog.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Rutherford's comments indicated that as well.

They are very clearly trying to change the culture here and setting higher expectations than the '16th place is good enough' Benning/Green regime where veterans could slack and nobody really cared.
I want to see winning, and also as much effort as they can muster.

I hope it doesn’t lead to our guys burning out though. Because east coast teams really do play in a different league to the west coast in terms to travel.

Im happy to try it, since somethings got to change. But the what is called a country club, might be self preservation.

Proof would be in what other western teams do in preseason which I have never cared about at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad