Evgeny Kuznetsov: Part 3

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005
“We’re proceeding as if he’s not going to be here,” McPhee said. “And until he’s no longer playing in the KHL there’s probably not a lot that I can comment on there. He’s under contract and playing over there.”

My interpretation of McPhee's comments is that it's "not my expectation" for Kuznetsov to come over just means that he's not planning around it. It would be irresponsible to make any roster decisions based on that assumption - and I agree with him. Doesn't mean Kuzya doesn't come, just that you don't count your chickens before they hatch.

It looks doubtful that Traktor makes the real playoffs. They are a point out with one game left. That game is against Ak Bars, who is pretty good. The team they are chasing is Admiral, who by all indications is better than Traktor AND their last game is against Amur who has a grand total of 8 wins in 53 games. In case the teams are tied in the standings, Admiral wins the tiebreaker.

Both games are tomorrow. Hopefully we'll know by this time tomorrow for sure whether or not he's coming. I'm not sure he makes a huge positive impact if he does come over EXCEPT that I do think they'll try and make room in the lineup by moving a player or two.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
“We’re proceeding as if he’s not going to be here,†McPhee said. “And until he’s no longer playing in the KHL there’s probably not a lot that I can comment on there. He’s under contract and playing over there.â€

My interpretation of McPhee's comments is that it's "not my expectation" for Kuznetsov to come over just means that he's not planning around it. It would be irresponsible to make any roster decisions based on that assumption - and I agree with him. Doesn't mean Kuzya doesn't come, just that you don't count your chickens before they hatch.

It looks doubtful that Traktor makes the real playoffs. They are a point out with one game left. That game is against Ak Bars, who is pretty good. The team they are chasing is Admiral, who by all indications is better than Traktor AND their last game is against Amur who has a grand total of 8 wins in 53 games. In case the teams are tied in the standings, Admiral wins the tiebreaker.

Both games are tomorrow. Hopefully we'll know by this time tomorrow for sure whether or not he's coming. I'm not sure he makes a huge positive impact if he does come over EXCEPT that I do think they'll try and make room in the lineup by moving a player or two.

Could be perfect. He may miss the playoffs, just in time to unload some players for cap/roster space on our end.

coyote

Jul 21, 2002
Visit site
Kuznetsov

maybe with the trouble they are having in the ukraine it would be better for him to stay in russia for now.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
maybe with the trouble they are having in the ukraine it would be better for him to stay in russia for now.

Now bother to explain how it would work.

There's no war in Ukraine. And possibly there never will be.
Even if there is, Russia has a lot of soldiers even without using reserves. And with more Ukrainian forces joining Crimea/Russia, the chances Russia would need additional help in Ukraine are getting slimmer by the day.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Traktor is 1 period away from missing the playoffs. Team they are chasing are leading 3-1 after 2 periods and if they win the difference is 4 points.

Edit: They are out of the playoffs for sure now.

Last edited:

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Several sources now indicating that Kuznetsov will indeed report to Caps right after todays game.

And of course McPhee is not going to say in public that he hopes they don't make the playoffs.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Yep, reports are Kuz has his tickets already and is going to fly after the game tonight.

1,5 goals in his first game. Over/under? =)

Will not take bets for injuries.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
Omg, Omg, OMG, he is coming! Im not even a caps fan, but im still excited! :hyper:

RobertR

Jul 5, 2012
Where will he play? Is there chances that in first line right away with Ovie and Backstrom?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
They have contract and cap room to add him. It's adding anyone else that will require a cap move at the deadline (unless Grabovski is headed to LTIR).

He's going to need some practice time to get the system down (or 'system' and just get acclimated). Saturday vs. Phoenix might be a good time to get him in the lineup and I wouldn't be surprised if he does start on the fourth line initially.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad