FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
Johansson-Backstrom-Ovechkin
Kuznetsov-Grabovski-Brouwer
Chimera-Laich-Ward
Fehr-Beagle-Wilson

That's my prediction.

Unfortunately already setting Kuznetsov up for failure by adding yet another new thing to adjust to (an entirely new position) to his long list of adjustments... the ice, the physicality, the system, etc.

Oates.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Johansson-Backstrom-Ovechkin
Kuznetsov-Grabovski-Brouwer
Chimera-Laich-Ward
Fehr-Erat-Wilson

Wedge in as much talent as they can up front and hope for the best. Wilson finally gets to play with a couple decently talented guys, of course neither is playing his preferred position but whatever...

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Kovalchuk hasn't been anything special on the Yankees of the KHL.

Maybe a lack of motivation to be anything special may make us think he cannot be special.

Fact is hockey players get tired of the same old same old. It is a very taxing sport. They simply don't always give their all.

If you don't like your job, you don't strike: you just go in every day and do it really half assed. That's the American way."

–Homer Simpson

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Maybe a lack of motivation to be anything special may make us think he cannot be special.

Fact is hockey players get tired of the same old same old. It is a very taxing sport. They simply don't always give their all.

If you don't like your job, you don't strike: you just go in every day and do it really half assed. That's the American way."

–Homer Simpson

Human nature...what can you do? The drive to be truly great is really in so few of the most talented players in all sports. It's what made Jordan so great. He was supremely talented, but he also had the will to win, to be great like few others.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@IgorKleyner: All those on #KuzyaWatch in Caps land... Keep your fingers crossed or whatever else you do to ward off bad stuff

:laugh:

Whatever.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
So, honest question. In the multiple threads we've gone through about Kuzya there has been a lot of negativity directed his way. Almost Semin-like negativity.

What is it going to take for him to impress you and drop that sentiment?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I have zero negativity towards him myself, but I also have zero positive feelings. It's a clean slate for me. Come here, work hard and improve every day and that's good enough for me for a while. I've said before, I expect 15g/35-45 pts his first year. If we don't get that it'll be a disappointment to me.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
So, honest question. In the multiple threads we've gone through about Kuzya there has been a lot of negativity directed his way. Almost Semin-like negativity.

What is it going to take for him to impress you and drop that sentiment?

Honestly, just show effort and play both sides of the rink. I'm not expecting him to come over and light it up. It will take time to gel and adjust, but just don't be a negative asset waiting to find your scoring touch.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Expecting our players to give full effort for 15 minutes per game is unrealistic, grinders aside. With Ovi Nick and Green as our leaders, and coaches that want our players to out think our opponents, forget about it.

Expectation bars on effort need to be lowered dramatically for all your skilled guys. The modern day athlete has little incentive to bust his rear - he gets paid no matter what it seems.

Our defensemen have never had it easier played softer. They literally hit no one, no open ice hits even attempted.

When most all the players do the least they have to, why do we expect Kuz to be any different?

We need power plays to stay motivated and to score goals, as Oates does not motivate his players.

DanTHEMan71

Feb 23, 2010
Unfortunately already setting Kuznetsov up for failure by adding yet another new thing to adjust to (an entirely new position) to his long list of adjustments... the ice, the physicality, the system, etc.

Oates.

What?

We drafted him as a center but he spent most (basically all) of his time in the KHL playing left wing. It's not a new position for him at all.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am going to assume I don't want to see the Vegas O/U on GP before missing one for an injury.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
PPGs and Circus stunt "flybys"

What's good for the goose is good for the gander

original.jpg

Burakovsky95*

Well great. KHL bringing back the Loser's Cup so we probably actually want Kuzya to make the playoffs and then quickly get eliminated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad