Value of: Evgenii Dadonov

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
So if Florida falls out of the playoff chase and becomes a seller, what would take to trade for Evgenii Dadonov? UFA, underrated, last 2 seasons with 28 goals and 65/70 points, this year on pace for 30+ goals. I think he’d be a perfect fit on the Bruins as 2nd RW.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
He gets to name 10 teams that he would accept a trade to so that may pose some difficulties, but I would definitely be exploring a trade and then revisiting him in free agency.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Only concern with trading Dady is this: will it decrease the probability that he signs here again with a team friendly deal. If no, it would be a ggreat idea to get him some playoff experience if we fall out!

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Only concern with trading Dady is this: will it decrease the probability that he signs here again with a team friendly deal. If no, it would be a ggreat idea to get him some playoff experience if we fall out!

If we are out of the playoff race by next week, what does it matter? It would be time to rebuild/retool.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Great deal at 3yrs x 4 mil but his next deal will be worrisome.
5 years at $7 to 7.5 million is a bit scary imo.
He is pretty durable though, only missed 7 games in the last 2.75 years
He's a good 2 way guy, a lock for 25+ goals, 60+ points but he has his flaws.
If he could ever finish on his breakaways, he'd probably be a 30-35 goal guy.

Barkov and Huberdeau have cooled off and Dadonov has disappeared for a while now, as decent complimentary players tend to do though.
I understand it's more likely he re-signs in FLA out of him and Hoffman but if we do re-sign him, we definitely have to move one of Yandle, Matheson or Stralman imo.

First part of the season, it was heavily favored to re-sign Dadonov over Hoffman but for me, it's more of a toss up now as Hoff has been way better in the last 20-25 games.
Long term, I prefer Tippett with Huberdeau and Barkov over Dadonov, very conflicted if we should move him if we're sellers. He'd probably come back as he seems like a shy guy who is very close with Barkov and now Bob but if he finds success with the team we trade him to, he may be gone for good.

Reactions: Wiggleboom

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad