Evgenii Dadonov

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He's 29 in 3 days. 2007 draft, 3rd round, 71 oa. Was nothing special back to 2009-2012 seasons, when played 55 NHL games and scored 20 points. Then went back to Russia, where played 5 seasons in the KHL. Was a part of the league's best line, where played with Panarin and Shipachev and then with Gusev and Shipachev.

Now he's got back to the NHL and already scored 51 points (21+30) in 57 games. He's a big reason (20 points in the last 13 games) of why Panthers have been so good lately.

I'd say him and Barkov have established a remarkable connection between them, and now they've accepted Nick Bjugstad to their small club, and he stopped sucking and started to score.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Barkov finally has a shooter in his prime years on his line

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
I don't understand why they didn't take a flyer on the guy in LV.

Dadonov - Barkov - Ship would have been quite a line.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
I've said it before and say it again.

They should try to sign Kovy for Rw.

Saying goodbye to Jagr and signing Dadonov to replace him was Floridas best move. Without him they'd have nothing at W.
I’d rather try to get Gusev from LV. Not sure if he want to play for vegas after Shipachyov incident. Also playing close to his best friend Kucherov and with his old linemate Dadonov.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Kovalchuk Barkov Bjugstad
Huberdeau Trocheck Neal
Gusev Shipachyov Dadonov

if florida tax breaks are the real deal james neal

Reactions: JHockey123

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I’d rather try to get Gusev from LV. Not sure if he want to play for vegas after Shipachyov incident. Also playing close to his best friend Kucherov and with his old linemate Dadonov.

Kovy is free, good luck at getting Gusev from Vegas.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I don't understand why they didn't take a flyer on the guy in LV.

Dadonov - Barkov - Ship would have been quite a line.

Vegas gave him an absurd contract. Hard to match unless you are prepared to screw him over.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Kovalchuk Barkov Bjugstad
Huberdeau Trocheck Neal
Gusev Shipachyov Dadonov

if florida tax breaks are the real deal james neal

Shipachev isn't possible, he retired from the league. Gusev, Barkov and Dadonov, I'd like to see. I mean, Gusev is even better, than Dads, and Barkov is better, than Shipachev. The only problem is that inner cap. I bet, there will be a lot of teams willing to get Gusev in a year. I doubt, he gets big money with his 1st NHL contract, but I'm almost sure, his next contract will be solid.

But back to Dadonov. I think, he's a good example for an NHL cast-off, who, when get an actual chance and not some bottom 6 role and minutes, turns out to be very good. People love to laugh at players like Omark and Dawes and say they suck, but I'm sure, it's all about roles and systems. NHL coaches don't care about using players at their best, if those aren't established stars. So for players it's just a gamble. If they find suitable teams and systems, they will thrive, if not, they will be kicked off.

Reactions: Aerrol and rintinw

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
He’s electric, so fast down the wing. Him and Barkov are wreaking havoc. Also had a nice one timer goal with Yandle last night.

I’m glad he’s signed for 2 more seasons on, what now looks like, a sweetheart deal.

Reactions: Laus723

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Kovy is free, good luck at getting Gusev from Vegas.

I would trade Heponiemi straight up for Gusev. I think Panthers should build for the future and make them better same time. Gusev fits perfectly. His age fits well with team age structure, his playstyle fits really well with Barkov and Dadonov. Kovy is older and demands long more expensive contract. Gusev has good amount of his prime years infront of him. LV just aquired Tatar and they are pretty stacked on wing and they might have tough duty to sign up Gusev. It would be good move for them to aquire good prospect for Gusev.

I am just saying that Panthers should be all over Gusev. Forget Pacioretty or Kovy. I think it would be low to medium risk-very high reward type of scenario. Bjugstad has been on fire with Barkov but who haven’t been?

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
He’s electric, so fast down the wing. Him and Barkov are wreaking havoc. Also had a nice one timer goal with Yandle last night.

I’m glad he’s signed for 2 more seasons on, what now looks like, a sweetheart deal.

Luce with the visionary scouting that Dadonov would be a stud for us a decade later. lol
Heard Olesz has recovered from his hangnail and will be Jagr 2.0 next year for us :sarcasm:

He's been great for us, and looks to be able to play either wing with success.

Reactions: Kid Icarus

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Luce with the visionary scouting that Dadonov would be a stud for us a decade later. lol
Heard Olesz has recovered from his hangnail and will be Jagr 2.0 next year for us :sarcasm:

He's been great for us, and looks to be able to play either wing with success.

Lol that was Luces plan all along.

Oooof Olesz, that’s a name I haven’t heard in a while. I was really rooting for him back in the day too.

Reactions: ShootIt

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Lol that was Luces plan all along.

Oooof Olesz, that’s a name I haven’t heard in a while. I was really rooting for him back in the day too.

Same. After we traded Bure off I stopped watching the Panthers religiously for a bit. It wasn't till I read about Jokinen praising Olesz as a possible Jagr clone that I regained interest in the team. Freaking Olesz got me back watching the Panthers full time again.

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Not one post praising Tallon for this signing. Or hiring Boughner. Or extending Barkov for cheap. Or bringing Luongo back. Or signing Yandle. Or drafting Matheson. Or drafting Trocheck.

Just shit on him for discarding Smith and his ever-wavering effort and a one-dimensional dwarf with no track record that was essentially a UFA that is a defensive liability.

Sounds about par for HF.

Happy that Gallant has inspired March, Smith and the rest of the Knights to rally around the city's tragedy and play with a chip on their shoulder for being treated like discards, but until they win a playoff round, they have the distinction as being the best expansion team ever due to having the most favorable expansion rules ever and nothing more.

Reactions: Laus723

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I would trade Heponiemi straight up for Gusev. I think Panthers should build for the future and make them better same time. Gusev fits perfectly. His age fits well with team age structure, his playstyle fits really well with Barkov and Dadonov. Kovy is older and demands long more expensive contract. Gusev has good amount of his prime years infront of him. LV just aquired Tatar and they are pretty stacked on wing and they might have tough duty to sign up Gusev. It would be good move for them to aquire good prospect for Gusev.

I am just saying that Panthers should be all over Gusev. Forget Pacioretty or Kovy. I think it would be low to medium risk-very high reward type of scenario. Bjugstad has been on fire with Barkov but who haven’t been?

Florida should be, but we have no idea if they are and what the price would be IF Vegas was even interested.

Kovy is free and available. Super to Barkov.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Doesn’t Kovalchuk play LW though?

That would mean they have Dadanov, Huberdeau, and Kovalchuk as LWs.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Meh... let's see if they make the playoffs. Not sure I buy the hype from Florida just yet.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Not one post praising Tallon for this signing. Or hiring Boughner. Or extending Barkov for cheap. Or bringing Luongo back. Or signing Yandle. Or drafting Matheson. Or drafting Trocheck.

Just **** on him for discarding Smith and his ever-wavering effort and a one-dimensional dwarf with no track record that was essentially a UFA that is a defensive liability.

Sounds about par for HF.

Happy that Gallant has inspired March, Smith and the rest of the Knights to rally around the city's tragedy and play with a chip on their shoulder for being treated like discards, but until they win a playoff round, they have the distinction as being the best expansion team ever due to having the most favorable expansion rules ever and nothing more.
How is Marchessault a defensive liability?

They call him Corsi God for a reason...

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad