Tribute Evgeni Kuznetsov Memories and Appreciation Thread

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
To me, the game 6 OT goal against pitt can’t be beat. The catalyst to our cup win, finally getting past the f***ing pens and turning the place dead silent. And Walton’s call with it. Will never forget that amazing night

Last edited:

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
That's a story to remember how you can mess everything up having all cards in your hand.

But we have 2018 and lots of good memories of Kuzy in Caps.

And memories is what matters in our HFB deal.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Obviously his biggest goal was his series winner against Pittsburgh in the 2018 'offs, but there were two other plays he made that will be forever grafted in my mind: 1) the gorgeous second period goal in Game 3 of the SCF that he whipped by MAF, a goal that a brought a tense, nervous crowd roaring to its feet , and 2) the brilliant give and go assist he had with Tom Wilson in game 4 to make the game 2-0 in the 1st period, perhaps the greatest period of hockey this club has ever played.

His career after 2018 had its peaks and valleys, but 2018 makes up for all of that. Thanks for the memories, Kuzy.

Last edited:
Reactions: kicksavedave

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
One of the better players in the franchise history and one that will forever go down in history for his massive performances in the 2018 Playoffs. You could have easily made an argument for giving him the Conn Smythe that year.

I'm happy this part of his career is finally over. It was time. All downhill since the start of last season and it just wasn't working anymore here. Now that it's finally over and he's got the fresh start he has wanted, it's much easier to look back at everything he has accomplished here and appreciate him for all those things. At the same time, it's much easier to start forgetting about the 'less great' -times with him, now that he is off the payroll.

All the best, 92.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad