Tribute Evgeni Kuznetsov Memories and Appreciation Thread

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Now that Kuzy is gone, there's the freedom to stop thinking about his recent under-performance and off-ice issues and remember the good times.

One of the biggest goals in Capitals history

His very first goal sending a game to OT

All those twister passes

The Birdman Cellies

The Slow-Mo Shootouts

evgeny-kuznetsov-stanley-cup-1024x683.jpg

Best of luck in Carolina, Kuzy

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I have tremendous respect for him since he put his ego aside and accepted to report in Hershey.

Even though his last 2 years here sucked, I wish him nothing but the best. Dude was electric for us in his prime years.

Reactions: Hivemind

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
One of the most enjoyable players to watch when 'on'.

If I only had one word to describe Kuznetsov, it wouldn't be disappointing, enigmatic, lazy, inconsistent etc. It would be cool. Insane talent, flashy signature moves, antics that would drive the opposing teams crazy, and with all his indifferent attitude, he showed up big time when it mattered most.

Good fortune in the wars to come.

Reactions: twabby

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
My top 2 Kuzy moments outside of the Cup run are when he passed it to Ovy for 802 so we could get that at home and

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
That OT goal against the pens and the SCW goal by Eller are really the only two goals I remember from that cup run.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
The player I was most jealous of in terms of his raw skills and who I always wished I could play like.

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
“Evgeny is a high-level playmaker who will add to our offensive firepower,” Hurricanes general manager Don Waddell said. “He brings even more playoff experience to our lineup, and we’re excited to give him a fresh start in Carolina.”

Reactions: Calicaps

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
The player I was most jealous of in terms of his raw skills and who I always wished I could play like.
My shot is easily, easily my best attribute and given how clunky some of the rest can be while it still works I might actually be more like old Ovechkin than anything else... but if I could be anything it'd be that perfect Kuznetsov/Backstrom hybrid. Love everything about that game, just can't do it.

It's a nerd reference but the perfect reference: Evgeny Kuznetsov is Gohan. He could have been so much more than he was and maybe even one of the best but he didn't have his head in the game. That's okay, and would be way more okay if he skipped it to be happy, but I suspect there's a battle there. I wish only the best for him, good luck Birdman.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad