News Article: Everything's Not OK. Nick Boynton

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
More fuel to the fire that perhaps our captain is dealing with some of this ... ( quote from Boynton's article )

"I can honestly say that it was the everyday hits during the course of the game — little blind-side shots and other things you wouldn’t even notice if you were watching on TV — that did the most damage over time."

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
More fuel to the fire that perhaps our captain is dealing with some of this ... ( quote from Boynton's article )

"I can honestly say that it was the everyday hits during the course of the game — little blind-side shots and other things you wouldn’t even notice if you were watching on TV — that did the most damage over time."
I’ve proposed this very possibility here before...but it’s pure speculation. Toews just looks off the past two years, with a slower reaction time and diminished hand-eye coordination. Players can lose a step or two, but I really have a difficult time believing these types of neurologic changes by 27-28 yo are remotely the norm.

dk2k

recovering cynic
Jul 5, 2017
$15m in career earnings will solve a hell of a lot of problems, but for some reason I'm supposed to feel more sorry for professional athletes than Joe Schmoe ruining his body for $10 an hour.

Reactions: BrianE

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I’ve proposed this very possibility here before...but it’s pure speculation. Toews just looks off the past two years, with a slower reaction time and diminished hand-eye coordination. Players can lose a step or two, but I really have a difficult time believing these types of neurologic changes by 27-28 yo are remotely the norm.
It is speculation you are right but I honestly can't see any other reason for Toews' drop in performance .. Seabs and and Keith too, not to mention Crow and Hammer.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
$15m in career earnings will solve a hell of a lot of problems, but for some reason I'm supposed to feel more sorry for professional athletes than Joe Schmoe ruining his body for $10 an hour.
Not feel sorry .. but perhaps refrain ( not you in particular but anyone ragging on noticeable drop in play ) from calling players out for their drop in performance over the years ... especially after 3 cups and 2 WCF's!
I believe it will become clearer and clearer as we move forward in time that the NHL game not to mention the NFL game is damaging to the players long term health. But hey they are our modern day gladiators and it's the price they have to pay for fame and glory!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad