Prospect Info: Everything Swedish

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
Not sure how I feel that Holtz now has more goals and points than Raymond.

To be honest I think you should get used to it. Holtz offense has never been a problem and he's going to be fed passes from Jack Hughes for the rest of his career.
But if you want to feel better you could also look at goals against. Where Raymond has been on the ice for 0 goals against in 9 games (15ish if you count pre-season) Holtz has been on the ice for 6 in 8 games.

What makes Raymond the better prospect (IMO) is that he drives a line, drives the PP and is very good defensively. Unless Raymond hits his top ceiling, I do however expect Holtz to score more than him, especially early in their careers.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Historic forwards:
Johan Franzén - Henrik Zetterberg - Tomas Holmström
Gustav Nyquist - Joakim Andersson - Mikael Samuelsson
Johan Garpenlöv - Christoffer Ehn - Daniel Alfredsson
Jacob de la Rose - Dan Labraaten - Tomas Sandström
Fabian Brunsström - Mattias Ritola
------------------------------- New Era forwards:
Lucas Raymond - Theodor Niederbach - Jonatan Berggren
Dmytro Timashov - Elmer Söderblom - Mathias Bromé
Albin Grewe

Historic Defence:
Nicklas Lidström - Niklas Kronwall
Jonathan Ericsson - Andreas Lilja
Anders Eriksson - Fredrik Olausson
Ulf Samuelsson - Börje Salming
Per Djoos - Adam Almquist
-------------------------- New Era defenceman
Patrik Nemeth - Gustav Lindström
Albert Johansson - William Wallinder
Gustav Berglund

Historic Goalies
Jonas Gustavsson
---------------------New Era goalies:
Filip Larsson
Victor Brattström
Jesper Eliasson

This is our All-Time Team Sweden. Guys who represented Wings even for a short period. And drafted new kids.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Historic forwards:
Johan Franzén - Henrik Zetterberg - Tomas Holmström
Gustav Nyquist - Joakim Andersson - Mikael Samuelsson
Johan Garpenlöv - Christoffer Ehn - Daniel Alfredsson
Jacob de la Rose - Dan Labraaten - Tomas Sandström
Fabian Brunsström - Mattias Ritola
------------------------------- New Era forwards:
Lucas Raymond - Theodor Niederbach - Jonatan Berggren
Dmytro Timashov - Elmer Söderblom - Mathias Bromé
Albin Grewe

Historic Defence:
Nicklas Lidström - Niklas Kronwall
Jonathan Ericsson - Andreas Lilja
Anders Eriksson - Fredrik Olausson
Ulf Samuelsson - Börje Salming
Per Djoos - Adam Almquist
-------------------------- New Era defenceman
Patrik Nemeth - Gustav Lindström
Albert Johansson - William Wallinder
Gustav Berglund

Historic Goalies
Jonas Gustavsson
---------------------New Era goalies:
Filip Larsson
Victor Brattström
Jesper Eliasson

This is our All-Time Team Sweden. Guys who represented Wings even for a short period. And drafted new kids.

That looks familiar, :D.

Mine had Alfie on the top line though so that I could play Franzen as the 2nd line center. Wings really need more Swedish top 6 center prospects to fulfill their potential.

FrolundaRedWings

Feb 27, 2017
Raymond is electric in the o-zone with the puck on his stick. Seems to always be one step ahead and just makes the right plays. I'd love to see him be a bit more effective off the rush but I think that will come.

r0bert8841

Jan 2, 2009
Michigan
Seider looks great out there in my opinion. I love his game.

Raymond looks good when the puck is on his stick. Most of the time I see him is during the PP (do SHL games normally have this many powerplays?!). The few times at ES he had the puck in the neutral zone I thought he looked amazing, but he needs more opportunities at ES.

Soderblom looked decent the 1 shift I noticed him, needs to get stronger.

Don't think I have seen Niederbach at all.

ShippinItDaily

Apr 28, 2004
Saskatoon
That's kind of the difference when you are playing at 2nd line minutes + 4th forward on the 1st PP, like Holtz.

Raymond is playing 3rd line minutes and is the 2nd power-play 4th forward.

Are you sure that he is on the 2nd PP. He is getting a lot of time on his unit and I can't tell which one is their #1 unit.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Are you sure that he is on the 2nd PP. He is getting a lot of time on his unit and I can't tell which one is their #1 unit.
Yes Raymond is on the 2nd PP, although their powerplay has struggled a bit so I'm not sure you can say they have a legit 1st and 2nd unit.

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019

You are correct, Frölunda doesn't have a clear 1st PP unit yet, they rest the unit with the players that was just on the ice when the penalty was drawn.
If both units players are rested they go with whichever unit has looked best throughout the game.

Christien

May 1, 2010
I think as he starts feeling more confident in his role with Färjestad we'll start seeing a lot more of this offensive side. Right now he's still pretty focused on his defensive responsibilities as a young d-man should but he's clearly got a reserve of offensive skill waiting to be unlocked at this level.
I agree. I think he’s got a lot of untapped offense in him

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009

What was this post originally with the now deleted tweet? Was this Prasanth Iyer's "hot take" on Gustav Lindstrom?

If so, that's not really a hot take in my mind. It's hard to be a player that's good enough to stick in an NHL rotation. And Lindstrom isn't there yet.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Christien

May 1, 2010
What was this post originally with the now deleted tweet? Was this Prasanth Iyer's "hot take" on Gustav Lindstrom?

If so, that's not really a hot take in my mind. It's hard to be a player that's good enough to stick in an NHL rotation. And Lindstrom isn't there yet.

Nah it was this video:

Idk why it didn’t work

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

I massively disagree with some of Prasanth's player assessments. He does a lot with analytics that I find fascinating but having heard his take on draft prospects in particular I think he has some holes in how his team would be built and as such misses some key components to actually building a good hockey team. He likes what he likes and he isn't really evolving that much though I think his data is getting bigger so maybe we will see a shift at some point.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I thought Lindstrom held his own, and seems like he could be a solid depth guy.

On a team with erratic guy on the back end, I appreciated how reliable he is. As I’ve said a few times, I am all for running Seider/Hronek/Lindstrom down the right for the foreseeable future.

I massively disagree with some of Prasanth's player assessments. He does a lot with analytics that I find fascinating but having heard his take on draft prospects in particular I think he has some holes in how his team would be built and as such misses some key components to actually building a good hockey team. He likes what he likes and he isn't really evolving that much though I think his data is getting bigger so maybe we will see a shift at some point.

I think the eye test is a much bigger component when evaluating defenseman, as opposed to forwards.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

MrKriben

Dec 16, 2014
Stockholm
I agree. I think he’s got a lot of untapped offense in him

He was had more offense last year but I think that has to do with him not having a steady and dependable partner since Blum is flubbing and Mozik has been benched due to taking to many penalties at the start of the season. The last two games, Albert has been playing with Mozik and he has shown more of what we saw last year offensivly but at the same time having a much better defense than last year at this time.

He really should shoot more in PP but he looks really good in his QB position besides that, could he just add a slapshot he'd be VERY hard to deal with for the oponents since now they tend to focus on the pass or wrister they know are coming.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Swedish roster for a 4-nations tournament Nov 2-7. No Niederbach or Grewe but Berglund is there, however they're missing some top D-men like Broberg, Söderström and Björnfot.

1. Jesper Wallstedt
30. Hugo Alnefelt

2. Gustav Berglund

3. Emil Andrae
4. Helge Grans
5. Albert Johansson
6. Ludvig Hedström
7. William Wallinder
12. Simon Edvinsson
26. Alex Brännstam

8. Noel Gunler
9. Daniel Ljungman
10. Alexander Holtz
11. Oskar Olausson
14. Arvid Costmar
15. Simon Holmström
17. William Eklund
18. Lucas Raymond
21. Karl Henriksson
22. Emil Heineman
25. Elmer Söderblom
27. Jonathan Wikström
28. Simon Robertsson
29. Albin Sundsvik

Landslagsaktiviteter i november

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
was messing around a little on some site someone posted on the prospect forum

only 3 games but couldn't help but notice how ridiculous Seider's Corsi stats are right now

c55e123c953f5a94b2accf3f55d27cb2.png

firestarter

Mar 11, 2019
Slovakia
Swedish roster for a 4-nations tournament Nov 2-7. No Niederbach or Grewe but Berglund is there, however they're missing some top D-men like Broberg, Söderström and Björnfot.

1. Jesper Wallstedt
30. Hugo Alnefelt

2. Gustav Berglund

3. Emil Andrae
4. Helge Grans
5. Albert Johansson
6. Ludvig Hedström
7. William Wallinder
12. Simon Edvinsson
26. Alex Brännstam

8. Noel Gunler
9. Daniel Ljungman