Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
5TVM.gif

Continue Swedish discussions here.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Can the Wings transfer to another team? Rogle or Frolunda perhaps?

I can't imagine Wings brass "letting" JV sit too long, maybe a few games would be my guess.
Well the plan is the games get postponed and made up at a later date. So I don't think anything will change, it's something that has happened to several teams this season.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Well the plan is the games get postponed and made up at a later date. So I don't think anything will change, it's something that has happened to several teams this season.
I know Seider's team sat for ~2 weeks iirc? That being said, there's no guarantee on a timetable for return. Wasn't the 2 weeks planned in advance? (or am I confusing it with something entirely different).

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Can the Wings transfer to another team? Rogle or Frolunda perhaps?

I can't imagine Wings brass "letting" JV sit too long, maybe a few games would be my guess.
If a team is postponing games to contain covid, they are not just going to allow said contained players join another locker room.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The Wings don't control his destiny in the SHL anymore, he's "Malmo property" until his loan is over.

My guess is there are some dates agreed to on the loan if they do extend the season a bunch, but Seider and Veleno have been loaned out in a way they cannot just be called back at any moment like some posters seem to want to do. That was the decision we made and frankly I think it has helped both guys development, so I am glad they are there, we need to and will honor that part of the agreement. It would be nice to watch them here, but we will have years of that, some people need to calm down over a couple months here in my opinion.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
My guess is there are some dates agreed to on the loan if they do extend the season a bunch, but Seider and Veleno have been loaned out in a way they cannot just be called back at any moment like some posters seem to want to do. That was the decision we made and frankly I think it has helped both guys development, so I am glad they are there, we need to and will honor that part of the agreement. It would be nice to watch them here, but we will have years of that, some people need to calm down over a couple months here in my opinion.

It seemed there was some extra games put on April 1st (3 weeks forward) and empty spot on the schedule before that mark. If Malmo misses the playoffs, his season will end there. And he'll be back at Detroit ~1 week before the deadline (April 12th).

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
It seemed there was some extra games put on April 1st (3 weeks forward) and empty spot on the schedule before that mark. If Malmo misses the playoffs, his season will end there. And he'll be back at Detroit ~1 week before the deadline (April 12th).

I want to see Veleno play in the AHL, I don't think he should go straight across. I like that he is making progress and really heating up in Sweden. But Seider is the only guy over there I am super interested in for this year or if we could get Berggren blooded in some games at the end of the season. I still send Veleno to the AHL when Malmo's season is over, maybe he earns a callup after a strong April there for a few games at the end of the year.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I want to see Veleno play in the AHL, I don't think he should go straight across. I like that he is making progress and really heating up in Sweden. But Seider is the only guy over there I am super interested in for this year or if we could get Berggren blooded in some games at the end of the season. I still send Veleno to the AHL when Malmo's season is over, maybe he earns a callup after a strong April there for a few games at the end of the year.
I think Veleno is more NHL ready than Berggren even tho Bergy is putting up the points.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think Veleno is more NHL ready than Berggren even tho Bergy is putting up the points.

I don't think either are NHL ready, I can see it being a thing in terms of signing Berggren to get him over here. Putting both guys in GR is probably best. If there are World Championships this year my guess is Berggren does that.

Given how Veleno struggles to adjust to leagues initially I would like him to really dominate the AHL before Detroit. I don't want him to be up here with minimal professional success and I think before next year that is what would be happening.

Our team can use more scoring is why I can see Berggren getting a look sooner.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I don't think either are NHL ready, I can see it being a thing in terms of signing Berggren to get him over here. Putting both guys in GR is probably best. If there are World Championships this year my guess is Berggren does that.

Given how Veleno struggles to adjust to leagues initially I would like him to really dominate the AHL before Detroit. I don't want him to be up here with minimal professional success and I think before next year that is what would be happening.

Our team can use more scoring is why I can see Berggren getting a look sooner.
Agreed, but if I was giving one of them 9 games or something this year it would be Veleno. He could probably play a small role in the bottom 6 without being a liability. Berggren is someone I would want ready to play a bigger role on powerplay and really adjust to small ice, needs some more time.

Reactions: majche

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Looked more like boarding to me, but on my phone so maybe it isn't in the numbers with a better view. He isn't going for his reverse hit there, he looked like he wasn't expecting contact.
That tweet shows a slow-mo replay at the end. Not even close to being from behind. Seider was prepared for it and braced himself, just lost the battle

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
What are you guys looking at?? def not boarding. He hit Seider in the chest/shoulder, not the numbers. (back)
Just knocked him backwards onto his back, and into the boards. Lost his balance and fell awkwardly.
Clean hit. Hope Seider is OK.

Reactions: Oddbob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad