**** everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
This team only has 3 legit NHL defensemen right now:

Subban, Markov and Gorges...

Drewiske, Bouillon and Weber are not NHL caliber and it showed for the past 3 games.

Looks what happening when Bouillon becomes #4 and Drewiske #5... :cry:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
This team only has 3 legit NHL defensemen right now:

Subban, Markov and Gorges...

Drewiske, Bouillon and Weber are not NHL caliber and it showed for the past 3 games.

Looks what happening when Bouillon becomes #4 and Drewiske #5... :cry:

Bouillon was just fine back when we had our full D. Obviously if you play him in the top 4 he will get exposed and look like an AHLer.

Bouillon was rock solid until the Emelin injury. Now he sucks but that's not his fault. You people have really short memories.

For the same reason you cannot judge Drew. I suspect they will be great once Diaz gets back and he solidifies the top 4.

durojean

May 29, 2007
Stop it Drewiske will adapt and Bouillion is very serviceable. They look bad because they're out if sync but the sync is going to come back !

pine*

Stop it Drewiske will adapt and Bouillion is very serviceable. They look bad because they're out if sync but the sync is going to cone back !

300px-Traffic_cone_reflective.jpg

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
the bandwagon should be about half full after tonight.how long til its full again?

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
I could give you all of that. So I guess that somehow, you are ALSO saying that our depth sucks. In your own words, so fine. Not starting a war with you. But please, just tell me that if we lose badly in the 1st round, you will NOT use that absence to justify us losing bad, if we lose, so that you'd be satisfied with the same freakin D including Emelin next year. 'Cause I'll tell you, it won't cut it EVEN with Emelin.

And YES I LOVE TO BE MORE PHYSICAL. Yes, we miss that. Of course we do. Which means....BRING BE 2 OR 3 more guys like that. You'd have to agree with that.

Yes our depth sucks because no other player within our club can replace Emelin. Diaz and Markov played great together even when Subban was not signed, Diaz got hurt and Subban replaced his production. We have players to replace Gorges, Bouillon, etc, but no one who can bring what Emelin was capable of.
What I don't agree with you is when you said that we were probably going to lose even with Emelin in the lineup because our defense was bad anyway. This is not true at all. We were winning most of our games nad you can't deny that, it's a fact.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
The key will be having all 5 guys on the ice contributing to getting the puck out of the Dzone. Our lines and our approach will need to be tweaked. Hopefully diaz can fill a void and someone like tinordi can be a physical Dman for us

Diaz will be a big help, but the club also has to pray that none of their current top 4 go down for the rest of the drive. The depth that the team has on D is promising, but not ready.

Part of getting the structure back not only has to do with the x's and o's, it also has to do with discipline. The team is showing alot of frustration recently, and taking penalties that they can't kill. I know the lack of discipline is likely just a symptom of the scoreboard, but if you get into enough of these types of games, the fuse will only become that much shorter.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Every board on HF would be like this if their team was embarrassed the past 3 games after playing great all season.

Not true. Devils were in the SC Final last year and have now lost 10 in a row and are going to miss the playoffs after a stellar start to the season. Their board still isn't full of pouty children upset because they didn't get everything they wanted for their birthday like on our board.

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
i really think these beatdowns will serve us well later on.we have faced little to no adversity this year,and that isnt good . cause when it does happen and you re not ready to deal with it the results are often fatal.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
17 goals in the last 3 games. I mean it could be worse, it could be 18 goals in our last three because then we'd be letting in 6 goals a game whereas right now we let in 5 in one of those three. It's not the best positive note to take away from all this but it's something.

Dec 2, 2010
No you wanna hear positive? Gallagher and Galchenyuk have been beasts lately and their physical presence is strong and growing. There.

durojean

May 29, 2007
i really think these beatdowns will serve us well later on.we have faced little to no adversity this year,and that isnt good . cause when it does happen and you re not ready to deal with it the results are often fatal.

You are right we were due for a slump and we'll begin the playoffs due for a hot streak !

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
17 goals in the last 3 games. I mean it could be worse, it could be 18 goals in our last three because then we'd be letting in 6 goals a game whereas right now we let in 5 in one of those three. It's not the best positive note to take away from all this but it's something.

They outscored the Pens 4 - 3 after the 1st period. Things are looking up!

MsChanandlerBong

The Chan-Chan Man
Jul 29, 2011
Ottawa
Another weak effort is the first two periods matched with a bad performance by Budaj (nbd), but it was good to see the bounce-back and Price played solid.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

It's actually 18... so there is no silver lining. We are doomed.

EDIT:

Sorry I missed the positive memo.

They could have scored 19 goals but only got 18 !

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
It's actually 18... so there is no silver lining. We are doomed.

Oh you're right. Okay, we officially suck.

On the flip side, as much as some may disagree. I'm glad this slump came because we've been hot all season...I'd rather we finally go cold now rather than in the playoffs. The habs have 2 weeks to rebound, and hopefully when they rebound they go hot just as the playoffs are starting and for another long while.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
We've had a hard time against Toronto and the Islanders this year, so it doesn't matter where we finish. :laugh:

True story. But think about it this way: we lose to the Islanders, it'll suck to be out of the playoffs, but hey, that's hockey.

We lose to the Leafs, you'll never hear the end of it, and if you have any emotional connection to this franchise, then losing to Toronto will leave your heart bleeding for years.

I want no part of Toronto ever getting a chance to play us. Not because I don't think we can win, but because I couldn't take losing.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
True story. But think about it this way: we lose to the Islanders, it'll suck to be out of the playoffs, but hey, that's hockey.

We lose to the Leafs, you'll never hear the end of it, and if you have any emotional connection to this franchise, then losing to Toronto will leave your heart bleeding for years.

I want no part of Toronto ever getting a chance to play us. Not because I don't think we can win, but because I couldn't take losing.
Worse for me too because I live in Ontario. :cry:

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
I'll say it again, this team is small and soft and they are getting exposed because other teams are playing playoffs style hockey. Simple.

Several commentators remarked that Emelin was badly missed in the three recent blowrouts. I can't believe that someone (I forgot his board name) claimed he was an untalented fifth liner. I'd say that poster couldn't qualify as a talent scout for the skating bears in the Moscow Circus on Ice. They skate reasonably well (for bears). I saw a video in which one scored (in a fashion) by shooting a fallen helmet into the goal. At least it had a notion of what to do. The bears wore cage masks (not to protect them against pucks but rather to prevent them from biting--sort of like Hannibal Lecter).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad