**** everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
(Laughing) I was going to post about this the second I read it, but felt the post was well intended. Still, what is this the 1930's? Haven't we moved beyond this already? Some of the toughest people I know are women; I'd rather have them around me when the **** hits the fan than many guys I know.

Not sure if you were agreeing with me, but that's what I meant, as in, "why is being called a lady still an insult today?" Wasn't even trying to be PC, but I've noticed a whole lot of posters who think they are just more loyal fans and that we're a bunch of cowering scared posters and using stupid terms to suppose their supreme views.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
All true, but if we go down 4-1 to Toronto, I promise you your summer will suck if you're a big fan of this team. Actually, forget summer, until the time we would beat them in the playoffs twice (so earliest two years from now). I'm finished with losing to our big rivals in the playoffs. Two in a row vs Boston + the Leafs would be too much to handle.

No resting on our laurels now. Fix it. I'm fine with not winning the Cup or even getting to the ECF, just do not lose to toronto or boston.

Same here. I ****ing hate losing to hated rival teams and I hate the moral victors attempts to make themselves feel better from those "we almosts". Results have to matter at some point.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Yikes considering how deep the draft is we should have tanked another year if this is what we are going to see in the playoffs! I'm still unsure if this is just the ship veering off course or if the wheels are completely falling off.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I don't post here often, usually just lurk, but I can tell from many of the comments when this team loses or goes in a slump, and the drama queens come out of the wood work, that they likely never played the game of hockey at a competitive level in their life.

Unfortunately the majority of Habs fan are two faced drama queens with a slight case of bipolar disorder. There is no other team in major sports who's fan base turn on their team as quickly as Habs fans do.

For all of you in a panic, put your purses down, uncross your legs, remove your high heels and relax. This year wasn't "our year" to win the cup, this is the year a group of young, hungry, inexperienced players gets a chance to experience playoff hockey. If they get past the 1st round, it's a huge accomplishment, if they stretch the 2nd round to 6 or 7 games, and even more fantastic accomplishment, and anything beyond that is just a Cinderella story.

You lose as a team and you win as a team, and you can't win as a team when the entire team playing in front of the goalies is missing plays, reading plays wrong, leaving guys unchecked, not taking away passing lanes, and having complete defensive breakdowns. Were there some bad goals that Price and Buds would normally stop in the last 3 games, absolutely, but to put the entire blame on goal tending, or DD, or Georges for a loss is pure stupidity and shows you either have no hockey IQ at all, or you just like to complain in general.

They will bounce back, every team in the league aside form the power house teams like Pit and Chi etc... will go through a slump during a season. Ours is just happening a little close to the payoffs, but better now than at the start of the playoffs. They have 4-5 games left to work on getting back to where they were. They shows some guts and heart popping 4 goals tonight. This might just be the game they need to get back on track.

Chill out ladies.

<-- Another fan of this post.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Therrien should ****ing wake up as well.

Galchenyuk was the second least used forward tonight with under 10 min.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I don't post here often, usually just lurk, but I can tell from many of the comments when this team loses or goes in a slump, and the drama queens come out of the wood work, that they likely never played the game of hockey at a competitive level in their life.

Unfortunately the majority of Habs fan are two faced drama queens with a slight case of bipolar disorder. There is no other team in major sports who's fan base turn on their team as quickly as Habs fans do.

For all of you in a panic, put your purses down, uncross your legs, remove your high heels and relax. This year wasn't "our year" to win the cup, this is the year a group of young, hungry, inexperienced players gets a chance to experience playoff hockey. If they get past the 1st round, it's a huge accomplishment, if they stretch the 2nd round to 6 or 7 games, and even more fantastic accomplishment, and anything beyond that is just a Cinderella story.

You lose as a team and you win as a team, and you can't win as a team when the entire team playing in front of the goalies is missing plays, reading plays wrong, leaving guys unchecked, not taking away passing lanes, and having complete defensive breakdowns. Were there some bad goals that Price and Buds would normally stop in the last 3 games, absolutely, but to put the entire blame on goal tending, or DD, or Georges for a loss is pure stupidity and shows you either have no hockey IQ at all, or you just like to complain in general.

They will bounce back, every team in the league aside form the power house teams like Pit and Chi etc... will go through a slump during a season. Ours is just happening a little close to the payoffs, but better now than at the start of the playoffs. They have 4-5 games left to work on getting back to where they were. They shows some guts and heart popping 4 goals tonight. This might just be the game they need to get back on track.

Chill out ladies.

So, just want to acknowledge that many posters have agreed with you and lauded you for your view, and I off the bat wanna say I totally respect it.

Places where I diverge is when we have an experienced coach who has done a lot of good this season when he had lots to work with, but now that he's had to deal with the biggest piece of adversity in an injury, he hasn't been able to bring things around (as you are saying will happen - and I agree it will, but it will happen because he will be given the gift of Diaz back, NOT because he could solve this problem by itself). Basically - things won't just sort themselves out, there needs to be a shake up in that room ASAP.

The past two PCs he's given, he's talked about adversity and surmounting it being the real test. Fine with that. Each time, he comes out with a worse performance. I don't believe that he's not talking to his players, so whatever he's doing, it's been crap (in the last two games at least, but I would argue the last 5-6). The biggest problem I have is when we don't adapt as a team to changing circumstances and opponents. We just bash our heads against the wall and get frustrated.

You say bipolar. I'm not jumping from loving the Habs to hating them. I'm merely flabbergasted that they can't even keep a game tight, never mind win, given the context. When we lost previously, it was a lot to do with puck luck. This is totally different. I don't like the idea of other teams having figured us out and now we will just keep doing the same things. Adapting is a huge part of coaching and it's on MT to do it properly. I keep seeing the same failed plays, the same pathetic effort on the puck. The same lapses. Nothing is changing and THAT is why my "legs are crossed", because all I hear...is excuses.

It's the most frustrating cuz there is a small group of players on this team who are exemplary and they get put in the worst situations, while the ones who were supposed to be reliable are failing, but then getting chance after chance. Ryder was out tonight. Could have made a difference. Diaz will come back - I'm sure it'll vastly enhance things. I'm not really that worried about the team in terms of what we can accomplish - I'm worried about what I see in terms of the steps being taken to accomplish these goals. I see MT looking frustrated and it reminds me of when Martin and Carbo just didn't adjust. I will give MT a pass right now, but on a short leash. He has to fix it and fix it fast.

If you are saying that there's no leak, that everything is fine with this team since Emelin's injury and that if you just let it play out, we'll be fine - I have to disagree with you. What does Bergevin say? "Winners find solutions, losers find excuses." It just feels a LOT like we are betraying our matra lately and I can't understand how a leader like Josh Gorges, a veteran with experience can do such stupid things, not just physical, but mental after giving his concentrated captain face speeches. He's just one example. Sure you can say it's a team game, but part of the team is trying, the others are treading water and to some extent it's not their fault - they haven't been given the right instructions (seemlingly) on how to play, what to do, etc. You insinuate I have no hockey IQ. Pleks is my favourite players BECAUSE I love his hockey IQ, it's something that I value a lot and even though our D corps on paper is horrendous right now, we could play a lot better. That's what counts - not who you are, but HOW YOU PLAY. The hockey IQ of the majority of our players was abysmal tonight. We dig our own graves when it matters the most.

I haven't ranted for the first two (and btw I live in leafs country, so I'm getting it hard right now), but to come out and play like we did...all I'm saying is that it shows a lack of something. I think we both agree that they'll work it out (and FTR I do not blame the goalies at ALL), but it requires significant changes and a change in attitude. That means from DD, Gorges, Pacioretty, Gionta (made up for his so so play tonight with his goal), Drewiskie, Bourque, Markov even and Travis freakin Moen. I mean come ON. I've championed all these guys (well DD44 is new) when they were down, even Moen (because he does have a good hockey IQ), but what is going on now is pathetic and you just have to look at PK's reaction to all this (and Price's ftm) to know that this is bush league.

Maybe I've gone on too much and I'm sure we agree about a lot, but all I'm saying is that to be pissed with this team after tonight is not a bipolar response. It's a completely appropriate one, because if we're going to have any pride (right now it's pretty low), we better stop sugar coating all this and instead call a spade a spade (or turd). This is not the leafs 5 game losing streak meltdown response. This is a desire for everyone in this organization to realize that they've accomplished so much that they cannot let the fans nor themselves down by not matching the intensity of other teams. We can beat anyone, but right now, we are not pushing hard enough. As for Boullion, he has been brutal, but it's because of the position he's been put in. I think he's awesome, but we need to figure out this D. Weber is ok, and serves the PP well, but I would so much rather Tinordi. Not for hitting, just for solid play. Was thoroughly impressed with him - he deserves to be on this playoff team. Also, if you're ok with losing in the first round to the Maple leafs who are (apart from the Caps game) showing us what it's like to play hockey, then you really have low standards for the Montreal Canadiens.

Silver linings (which should be capitalized on, not just thought about) - Chucky, Gally, Eller, Halpern, PK (battling through his team forcing him into a tough spot) and I emphasize this one: Gabriel Dumont. No idea why he is not a regular. Everything that we need right now. Markov NEEDS a capable partner, but until Diaz comes back, develop a system that suits him, cuz he's vulnerable.

I expect a win tomorrow and I'm pulling for this team all the way. Just get it done, Therrien. This is on you now. Thanking Carey in advance for getting the win, no matter how many GA.

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
rollercoaster01.jpg

skillhockey

Feb 26, 2013
Someone here whined about drama queens. Hockey players are paid to entertain and get cheered when they're good and mocked when they're bad. That's their job. Fans pay their salary in the end so they got every right to live with the team by cheering and whining. And yeah, canadiens suck and got no chance in playoffs.

raz123

Jul 13, 2004
8 d-men?

The D is clearly exhausted.
The 4th line is practically useless.
The 3rd line, including Galchenyuk, could handle more ice time.

What if we rolled 8 d-men, 3 trios + Halpern?

Have you seen hockey teams in recent history using 4 D pairs?

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I wish he would call up Kristo and make him play instead of using ****ing Moen who has been useless all year

Prust isn't playing so call him up and **** Blunden

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
wow, i hate to say it, but this team is small

and habs keep using DD and Gionta who are useless, playoffs are going to be rough for this team, and the fans,

i go to the peg next week to watch the CH, sigh

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
wow, i hate to say it, but this team is small

and habs keep using DD and Gionta who are useless, playoffs are going to be rough for this team, and the fans,

i go to the peg next week to watch the CH, sigh

It's ok to have small players.. if they are like Gallagher. DD and Gionta (now) are the type of small players that you can't have in excess.

I think it's obvious where the holes lie.. DD, Gionta, Moen, Armstrong, Bouillon need to go. Unfortunately, 3 have been offered contract extensions, which makes no sense. The other wears the 'C'.

We also need to inject another top-4 D into the fold. With our 2nd round picks, I'm willing to sacrifice this years 1st if it means getting a quality D man under contract to help this team.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
(Laughing) I was going to post about this the second I read it, but felt the post was well intended. Still, what is this the 1930's? Haven't we moved beyond this already? Some of the toughest people I know are women; I'd rather have them around me when the **** hits the fan than many guys I know.

Seems like pretty PC bull to me.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
I just saw what Subban was thrown out of the game for... Really? Orr stays in the game with a bare knuckle punch to Bourque head and Subban gets kicked out of the game for that?... Whatever. When it rains, it pours.

Habtchum*

This team is not as good as their overall record would indicate, nor as bad as the last three games we just seen. The wheels are just falling off at the worst period of the season. Hopefully, Diaz, prust and Ryder are all going to be fine for the Playoffs. Markov is obviously tired and Bourque has not reached back his pre-injury shape. I am guessing lots of players are hiding minor injuries. Therrien knows that and cannot do really better with what he,s having in his hands.

We all said that this team would fight for a playoffs' spot. Lots of work still to be done to develop players and add size and grittyness to the club.

Five games to go in the season and I just hope they won't lose the ice advantage and finishes 5th overall in the Conference behind Boston or TO.

LINE UP I would like to see tonight.(with Prust out ???)

MaxPac - Plekanec - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Gionta
Bourque - DD - Dumont
Moen - Halpern - Blunden

Markov - Gorges
Kaberle- Subban
Drewiske - Weber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad