Post-Game Talk: Everyone exhale … for now

Will we get more than 2 PPs in another game this series?

• Total voters

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
So was Timo Meier going to re-sign with the Devils or was he a first round rental? I thought these guys were supposed to be contenders and he was going to put them over the top? Yikes

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
Crazy to think that after the leafs got lit up 7-3 the first game that they would be up on the goal differential after the second game.

So was Timo Meier going to re-sign with the Devils or was he a first round rental? I thought these guys were supposed to be contenders and he was going to put them over the top? Yikes
Man I thought the Devils were going to be the semi dark horse in the playoffs this year.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
A little OT but with Seattle ahead of Avs again wouldn't it be neat to have all of Hall, Eberle, Nuge and Schultz all in the final four?

Reactions: AM

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I'm a pretty vocal oilers fan on this site. And it will be tougher to get mcdavid the match ups that favor him.
Jason Gregor and Strudwick were talking about this on their show today. Apparently, the numbers suggest both teams are playing the matchups they want. So even if LA had last change, they probably wouldn't make much of an adjustment. (Can't remember exactly the conversation, but they were citing some statistic.)

Reactions: Zerotonine

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Mike Keenan scared the hell out of me as an opponent coach. Intelligent guy that would use every angle. I was there in Game 7 and the Flyers were there because Keenan was giving that team every way to succeed after being down 3-1 in the series. Keenan even managed to finagle getting the Cup into the Flyers room during the finals to have a close look at it. I don't know how he managed that but it pissed me off. He got that whole club to visualize the cup being theirs.

it was the hardest, best test that Oilers team ever had. That Flyers team were playing great.
No easy feat for the Flyers to take that series to 7 games. I still can’t believe that happened. For my money, that 87 team was the best one the Oilers had.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
A little OT but with Seattle ahead of Avs again wouldn't it be neat to have all of Hall, Eberle, Nuge and Schultz all in the final four?
That's half of hope. Hard to imagine that HOPE pre-dates the Nuge. The guy has been an Oiler forever.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I'd love to see the stats for the last half of the season (when it was established that the Oilers had a historical PP) for the PP opportunities the Oilers receive in the 2nd and 3rd period of games where they score a first period PP goal vs. games where they don't.

It feels like an early Oilers PP goal causes the refs to put away their whistles, but maybe that's my perception.
This is 2 for 2 in this series. Looks like a real thing. I’m watching large parts of 4 games a night and it doesn’t look like the referees are afraid to call penalties in any other series.

Reactions: TB12

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Skinner scares me when he venrures out to handle the puck. He has no communication with his d-men and just tries to ring it along the boards and it gets turned over. Then his team is all out of position. Lol.
If only there was someone in the org who could teach him the science and art of goaltender puck handling.

There's gotta be something in LTIR that prohibits the player from practicing with the team.

Dieseloil

Jul 31, 2016
Skinner scares me when he venrures out to handle the puck. He has no communication with his d-men and just tries to ring it along the boards and it gets turned over. Then his team is all out of position. Lol.
Stay in the net

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
If only there was someone in the org who could teach him the science and art of goaltender puck handling.

There's gotta be something in LTIR that prohibits the player from practicing with the team.

I have no idea but would imagine that is the case. Otherwise he would likely be around more and helping the team

Reactions: Ritchie Valens

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I’m not saying it was “unacceptable” just saying he hasn’t been great. Rookie or not we will need better goaltending moving forward in the playoffs. He can been better.
Shutouts only from here on out!

He has to stop all the tough ones like he did last game and can’t let in any goals that fans would deem questionable.

Oilers

Feb 13, 2016
yeah thats looking ugly if he doesn't re sign. I think the Devils have a good team, but it's the first playoff experience for most of them. I think they'll just need some time before they are an actual contender. East is tough this year too.

Reactions: Oilhawks

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I hate to break it to you but the reality is that it doesnt matter who the Kings throw over the boards.

The other reality...Draisaitl and McDavid still have the Kings coaching staff very concerned.
They have to hope that Kropisalo continues to stand on his head. If he doesnt the series wont be going back to LA a second time.
Especially with the 11-7 which turned the tide last year against the Kings as well. Not only do they have to deal with McDavid and then Draisaitl, they also have to deal with.... McDavid or Draisaitl, whoever Woodcroft decides to slide to the 4th line at times.
That has got to be a nightmare for the opposing coach to line match that. I'll be curious to see what Woodcroft does when Janmark returns because the 11-7 is particularly effective against a team like the Kings especially in a road matchup because they can't match Kopitar or Danault against 3 lines which negates their biggest strength when you have McDavid or Drai out there against their 4th liners.

On another note, no GDT for Game 3 or even Pregame thread? Has the interest in this playoff run waned that much on HFOil?

Reactions: guymez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad