Everybody remain calm.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really

1. Ouellet is realgud.

2. Helene St. James asked a question we wanted her to (and sort of creepily referred to Tatar by only his first name)

3. Babcock thought Tatar had a good game.

I know it's not easy to reconcile all our worldviews now that we might not completely hate HSJ and Babcock. We need to just get through this night.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Encouraging to hear him say that stuff. Thought the part towards the end was interesting with his take on Ouellet. Believe he said something to the effect of "limited offensive upside" but "mistake fee player" when asked about his opinion of XO.

Now give me Nyquist and we have ourselves a team Babcock!

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I wish XO would stick. He's probably headed back down, but dang he had himself a nice game. Him and Smith actually had some nice chemistry.

Nice to hear Babs give Tats some love.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
I wish XO would stick. He's probably headed back down, but dang he had himself a nice game. Him and Smith actually had some nice chemistry.

Nice to hear Babs give Tats some love.

It's no surprise that Smith, and offensive defenseman, had his best game on the 3rd pairing with a true stay at home defender like XO, rather than Quincey, who doesn't mesh well with Smith for whatever reason (many).

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Last season IIRC, Babcock had nice things to say about Tats as well during his 18 game stint. Actions speak louder than words. Tatar provided some bursts of energy last night and was very dynamic at times. He needs playing time. Loved what I saw out of XO.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Ouellet should get the callup and play when we only have one injury at defense. Would be cool if he got 20-25 games this season and then makes it fulltime next year. I think he's capable of that.

What Babcock and/or Holland say about Tatar and Nyquist means nothing at this point. If you don't play them, you don't play them. They should be 82 game regulars and they aren't.

Aug 6, 2012
It sounds promising and everything he said was true about Tat's game last night. But I take this with a grain of salt knowing Babs - his actions don't always follow his words.

NewHopeForEveryone

Mar 24, 2011
if babCock says that tats played well it doesnt mean he will be in line-up next night

we"ve seen this many times...next game...tats in press-box...remember my words

hot dog

Mar 20, 2013
if babCock says that tats played well it doesnt mean he will be in line-up next night

we"ve seen this many times...next game...tats in press-box...remember my words

Babcock has said Tatar will play with the same line vs Ottawa tomorrow, so there's that. Hoping to get Kronwall back, too.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Babcock has said Tatar will play with the same line vs Ottawa tomorrow, so there's that. Hoping to get Kronwall back, too.

Awesome news!

Take that chunk of cheese and piece of pie and run with it Tomas! :)

Sami

Oct 21, 2013

Awesome! :yo:

Now Babcock needs to put Tatar on that second PP-unit :madfire:!

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Awesome! :yo:

Now Babcock needs to put Tatar on that second PP-unit :madfire:!

I thought he was on the 2nd unit already?

I only caught the 3rd period though and he was on the unit then. I remember in particular he had a good chance at a one timer in the high slot but the pass from KFQ was blocked last second.

Sami

Oct 21, 2013
I thought he was on the 2nd unit already?

I only caught the 3rd period though and he was on the unit then. I remember in particular he had a good chance at a one timer in the high slot but the pass from KFQ was blocked last second.

I didn't watch the game. Was Cleary playing on the PP?

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Ouellet should get the callup and play when we only have one injury at defense. Would be cool if he got 20-25 games this season and then makes it fulltime next year. I think he's capable of that.

What Babcock and/or Holland say about Tatar and Nyquist means nothing at this point. If you don't play them, you don't play them. They should be 82 game regulars and they aren't.

Thought XO looked good, definitely hope he gets a decent amount of games in this year and continues to look solid- that might help Kenny decide to not bring back KFQ on another deal after this season, which would help avoid a logjam of D-men down the line... not that that logic worked on avoiding the forward logjam this year, so who the hell knows?

Agree completely on Tats and Gus, also- the lineup for each game means a whole lot more than anything said at press conferences or interviews.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad