McKenzie: Every Hurricanes player except Aho is available

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
From the outside looking in, there seems to be little doubt of Tom Dundon’s appetite for change with the Carolina Hurricanes.
How much actual roster overhaul might the team see between now and training camp though?
Hockey’s No. 1 Insider, Bob McKenzie, had a Monday evening radio hit on Toronto’s TSN 1050and spent a little time in his segment ruminating on the Canes.
“There’s one guy on the team that they’re not prepared to trade – Sebastian Aho,” indicated McKenzie. “Everybody else – everybody else – is available. Skinner, you name it… Skinner is getting moved, I would think…
“… Everybody except for Aho (is available). I think Faulk is very much in play, I think Skinner is very much in play.

Reactions: Unsustainable

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Pretty smart to identify your core and be willing to listen on everyone else, I'm just surprised they only identified Aho their core.

Just how bad was Slavin last season? He seemed like a lock to be a core guy only a year ago.

Reactions: SvechniCanesCup2019

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Pretty smart to identify your core and be willing to listen on everyone else, I'm just surprised they only identified Aho their core.

Just how bad was Slavin last season? He seemed like a lock to be a core guy only a year ago.

Why do you assume he was bad? Honestly, anyone is available for the right offer.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Mmm, name your price for Hanifin.

Names I don't want to see coming from TB:
Stamkos
Point
Kucherov
Hedman
Vasilevskiy

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Why do you assume he was bad? Honestly, anyone is available for the right offer.

Because I know he had a rough year compared to the one before but I don't watch him enough to know if he was visually unimpressive to the team like Faulk was or if it was just a slight slip.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
This isn't anything insider. Dundon did the exit interviews at season's end and said (paraphrasing): I told each player it's their job to play better and it's our job to find better players than them. If I could find 10 players better than Sebastian Aho, I would, but I can't.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Canes fans won't want to hear this, but this is a good time to try to poach some goodies free from an organization in "transition." Slavin, Pesce, Hanifin.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

Hit the nail on the head. It’s much better to say “make offers on the team” versus “Faulk is available”. Many more options to play with.

Slavin was fine last season. He’s a gem, scored at a 40+ point pace in the 2nd half. The entire defense suffered with the loss of Hainsey. Hanifin wasn’t ready to support Faulk (IMO that’s a miscalculation on Peters part as they are too similar to succeed together). The top-4 was bad enough that they had to split up Slavin-Pesce against top opponents. Who would have guessed that a defense where the gritty vet is a 25 year old Faulk would struggle from a lack of experience?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad