Post-Game Talk: Every Game Should Be Against Tampa!

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Nash deserves more credit for this amazing performance. Should have been the no. 1 star.

The Good: Nash, Hagelin, Powe, Halpern, Callahan
The Bad: Richards was useless, despite the pass to Nash at the end
The Richards: Gaborik. Did absolutely nothing

Ohw, and scoring a PP goal is nice, doesn't matter how it crossed the line

Glad others are changing "The Redden" to "The Richards". :handclap:

And I agree with everything you said. Gaborik was possibly the only awful player out there tonight.

TomLaidlaw

Jan 4, 2007
Transylvania
Great performance.

Injured players looked good for the first game back.

Henrik was sharp.

I didn't get to watch a ton of Rick Nash when he was in Columbus. He is worth the price of admission.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I :heart: Rick Nash. What a beastly performance by #61. Deserved a goal more than anyone at the end there. And Beaver knew it.

Another strong showing by our Swedish Bullet. It's really fun watching Hags skate out there.

Hank came up big and closed the gates in the third period there.

Now time to watch some Blackhawks hockey.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I can't wait to get a job so I can buy a ****ing Nash jersey :yo:

I thought Richards was great tonight, but that's me (and it really was probably all Richards). Gaborik is useless with Boyle and Miller.

Richards did look great tonight. Not all the way back to himself, but he looked way better. A well executed drop pass for once, plus that pass on the fourth goal. No hesitation, right on the tape.

I agree on Gabby. What are the expectations of him with Boyle and Miller. Boyle isn't going to do much offensively and Miller seems to always be looking to drive and shoot, not really passing too much.

I'd say put Gabby with Stepan and Cally and slide Pyatt down. However, that line looks great right now, so I guess we don't want to break them up for now. However, they gotta do something to get Gabby going.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Nash is so ****ing good.

Richards with the great pass for his goal.

Once Gabby get's going we have SIX :)amazed:) guys in our top six who would be playing like legitimate top sixers!

Cally
Steps
Hags
Nasher
Gabby
Richie

Then with Halpern and Powe (thank the hockey gods he wasn't seriously injured) playing so great and decent contributions from Pyatt and Miller, we have a good bottom six, too. I can't believe it!

GFiP*

The only thing I gain from this game is the Richards pass. Hopefully he gets some confidence back after that. The rest of the game was expected, they own Tampa, suck against the rest of the nhl.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Nash is really such a difference-maker. Brooks wrote this week about how the team needs to find an identity without Nash while he's injured, but that's really almost impossible to do as he is such an important piece to the team's success.

Richards played his best game in some time. Dominant on faceoffs and making good passes. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Hank came up big when he needed to in the 3rd. Tampa easily could have tied it if not for him.

Meanwhile, Marc Staal quietly has 11 points in 19 games. That's on par with the likes of Duncan Keith. Staal's offensive game has improved a ton this year, I feel like that's something that gets overlooked by Rangers fans.

Zuuuuc

Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Worst game I've watched in a while, it was so bad I just closed my laptop and turned on the leafs islanders game. My internet was so choppy that my GameCentre was freezing every minute lol, at least the first two goals were before my internet went all Simple Jack on me.

Nash may only have 4 goals on the year, but he clearly makes his linemates better and this team is much better with him playing (as you could all see from his 4 game absence) As dominant a forward we've had since Jagr, the goals WILL come.

Richards didnt look too bad today, hopefully he can keep it up because he is probably our most important forward being our #1C

darko

Feb 16, 2009
1 point behind 8th placed Flyers. We do have 3 games in hand.

SupersonicMonkey*

Hagelin - His conditioning, stamina, endurance is insane. Its unreal how in shape he is. His motor doesn't stop. He has a degree in sports management but if he wanted to he could also be a fitness trainer.

Nash - Has great power and strength. Hedman is a big kid, 6-6, 230+ and he was hanging off Nash's back and Nash was still able to.control the puck. Unreal power by Nash. Opens up so much space for his linemates. Defenders gravitate toward him and just opens so much space. Anyone struggling offensively needs to play with this guy.

Richards - Finally a solid game. Making plays, creating, smarter decisions with the puck. Power Play needs work still. Maybe too much time and space causes him to over think it a little.

Miller - He oozes confidence. Strong kid. Its easy to forget he's still a teenager. He will be up and down as any rookie would be, but tonight was an up. Real solid effort.

Stepan, Callahan, Powe, Halpern...

Just a solid overall effort from everyone.

Stepan was winning faceoffs tonight. Makes a big difference for puck possession.

Gaborik was good too. He didn't score but he was more engaged. He got into the dirty areas in the corners and in front.

Staal was outstanding. The D corp was solid as expected.

Lundqvist was outstanding when he had to be.

First game in a while with a solid collective effort for 60 minutes. This is how they need to play.

Now they must carry it over. Build on it. They leap frogged Winnipeg and Tampa and are now in 9th with 20 points. Still right in the thick of it.

BTW WOW that O'Reilly offer sheet is crazy. 2nd year is over 6 million? Wasnt expecting that. That's ridiculous.

tjs252

Feb 10, 2007
It's amazing what health and an effective Richards do for the way this team looks on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad