Recalled/Assigned: Everberg recalled

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I really want to see him succeed and be on the 3rd line. Prove to Roy that he deserves a spot in the NHL even when Winchester is back.

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
so roy finally realized that Talbot has completely lost his offensive ability. we could have had 2 more goals last game if the puck wasn't on Talbot or cliché stick.

hope for a lineup of:
landeskog-duchene-o'reilly 20+min
tanguay-mitchell-iginla 16-17
mcginn-mackinnon-everberg 16-17
mcleod-talbot-briere 5-8

mackinnon and Mitchell swap once mack gets going and Winchester takes briere spot when healthy.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Yeah, Briere is falling out of favor fast, which is funny, because he has our two GWG's. I actually don't even think he's really been that bad.

I don't either really but I think him and Tanguay had about the same start. Difference is, Tanguay really started skating much better by game #5 or so and Briere hasn't. Maybe he can't anymore but he's still serviceable. Briere will probably move around all year from 3rd line + 2nd PP minutes to 4th line to healthy scratch until the playoffs (if we get there :help:)...

Cliche has been good on the PK this year. McLeod is the one whose terrible 24/7. Unfortunately, he won't be the one sitting.

I saw no more than 2-3 games where Cliche was skating his ass off like he wanted to stay in the lineup. He played one really good game and maybe 2 good games and 7 below average games, in my view.

In that whole time, he made maybe 2 or 3 noticeable plays that were positive and probably 10 poor plays (failed to clear / passed to opposing team / failed to pick up his man). In my opinion, he's just not an NHL caliber player...he's a fringe NHLer. If he skated every single game like he did in that one game he played, he's be a fixture on the 4th line but I don't think this is something he can/will keep up.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Looks like RoR is back with Duchene
Everberg get called up
Now show me a top pair left D for our 2016 1st.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
HERE WE GO!

It's super easy to go ahead and bash Cliche because we're all very accustomed to his play last year. However, he hasn't been ATROCIOUS this year. I want to keep him up merely for the PK. McLeod should sit, but we all know there's 0 chance that happens.

I agree.. However McLeod is down to fight (or get his ass kicked) for the team. We do not have another player like that. Until Bordeleau is back, we need the guy.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I agree.. However McLeod is down to fight (or get his ass kicked) for the team. We do not have another player like that. Until Bordeleau is back, we need the guy.

Unless it's a goon-it-up team like St. Louis, I'm fine with the Avs benching McLeod until such time. In the offensive end he's somewhat competent, the guy can forecheck quite well when he's on. But his defensive game has gone from bad to freak-show.

And yes, there's another player who's down to fight on the roster. Iginla. :naughty:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I'm guessing Briere comes out of the lineup, just because I want it to be Cliche. I doubt Everbeast would have been called up if he wasn't going to play.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sweet. Hopefully this means Cliche isn't long for the main lineup. Though it does make me worry about Winchester's recovery.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
Is anyone else ready for a bit of a youth movement?

Everbeast is a start. I would rather see Hishon than Briere... Siemens over Guenin or Wilson...

Im probably in the minority there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad