Post-Game Talk: *Even Longer Fart Noise*

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Correction. The FANS are ready to win now. This TEAM is nowhere near ready to win now.
McDavid and Draisaitl is ready to win now. The rest of the roster is ready for retirement or still trying to figure out which skate goes on which foot.

Reactions: KlefDown

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
McDavid and Draisaitl is ready to win now. The rest of the roster is ready for retirement or still trying to figure out which skate goes on which foot.

Which is why when mcdavid was drafted oilers had 2 years to get the right vets and right rookies.

We missed the boat with McDavid and Drasaitl

oilinger

Jul 11, 2016
Not sure what's wrong with Draisaitl
I'm a little pissed he spent his day off Sunday skiing when he should have been engaging in self-reflection or visiting a sports shrink. It's almost like he's content to collect a paycheque and have fun away from the rink.
If you're going to creep instagram accounts you have to be more thorough. Drai's GF posted pics/stories that tagged Drai, McDavid, Ceci, Nuge, and others all on the same outing. Guess they all missed their shrink appointments.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Not absolving. But almost any star player, and sport, has resigned moments.. Lionel Messi has them almost any WC match. At the peak of Tysons career any opponents, no matter how good, would start to have knees creaking and buckling before the fight even started. It often stated that the fights were mentally over before they started. In Mike Tysons words; "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face"

There are times where the mental component struggles in players. Its easier to have that when you have a mop like Yamamoto playing on oneside of you and Nuge looking forward to babysitting horsies on the other. There must be times where Leon figures he's on his own.

That said, McD is more guilty of playing on his own and not utilizing linemates.

Go back to the Boston game, Drai has just scored 2 goals to tie the game. and Nuge doing nothing on his shift allows a winning GA while playing a shift with Hyman and Yama. 2mins left. I think thats the moment that broke the back. Or maybe Larsson punching him in the face and nobody even reacting.

This isn't a team. 80% of the players on this club routinely aren't even involved. Its guys punching a time clock hoping nobody notices effort level.

Thing is, whenever McDrai are bringing it, which is lots of the time, who really follows?

I don't disagree one bit.
What I'm saying is what we see is that their human. Of course they get frustrated with other players.
But they are leaders. They know the drill. What we don't see - and what I hope to hell is happening - is that these two are putting pressure on management either themselves or via agent etc.

They know there's no point in directing their frustration on the other players. It's not their fault. They just signed a contract.

I'd never quit on the team. And superstars rarely do. Passed off immensely? Oh yeah. Doubt very much they're ready to parachute, but you can tell somethings got to give soon.

I think we are on the same page! Maybe I didn't explain myself well enough!

Reactions: Drivesaitl

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009

why they gotta lie like this

Hiss Hiss. Don't bug Nuge, he's in the Denial Box!

giphy (33).gif

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Anybody with a brain could see a regression coming for this team.

The 16-5 toxic positive crowd didnt want to see it and shouted down anybody who disagreed as a bad fan. Well now its even more dire then we thought. This Summer of Holland was a disaster.

I think a lot of us were agreeing the facade of a 16-5 start.

We weren't that team. But we don't think we're an 0-7 kind of team either

Season is long. Yes we're stepping in shit right now but it's still not time to jump yet.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
If you're going to creep instagram accounts you have to be more thorough. Drai's GF posted pics/stories that tagged Drai, McDavid, Ceci, Nuge, and others all on the same outing. Guess they all missed their shrink appointments.

I don't appreciate the use of the word "creep" as I follow a bunch of players but don't pay much attention to their posts.

However, given the lengthy losing streak and apparent lack of energy, I was a bit surprised to see how the players were spending their days off. Besides being a high-risk activity, which isn't overly smart, skiing uses energy, which Draisaitl has apparently been lacking for a month now. So yes, my criticism applies to the other players also in that case.

So hence my comment, which I feel is justified. But to make it clear for you, the skiing and psychiatry comments addressed separate issues.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I don't appreciate the use of the word "creep" as I follow a bunch of players but don't pay much attention to their posts.

However, given the lengthy losing streak and apparent lack of energy, I was a bit surprised to see how the players were spending their days off. Besides being a high-risk activity, which isn't overly smart, skiing uses energy, which Draisaitl has apparently been lacking for a month now. So yes, my criticism applies to the other players also in that case.

So hence my comment, which I feel is justified. But to make it clear for you, the skiing and psychiatry comments addressed separate issues.

Disagree somewhat. "Tired" can consist of many things. For decades when I was especially tired at work, (and while I've had mostly jobs that tired the brain, I've had physical jobs too), nothing was better to relieve any funk then hitting the mountains, winter or summer, for hiking or skiing. Doesn't matter how busy the activity is, how much energy you expend, its invigorating and its often a case of different muscles at work. But more the case its the players blowing off steam, having healthy pursuits outside of hockey, and its necessary for humans to have that to function at their peak.

Indeed I always say the one advantage we have here in Alberta is players can relax and do whatever else in the Mountains, one of the very great things about Alberta. Personally I would want players to pursue that, and further to them even liking being here.

Reactions: Duke74

oilinger

Jul 11, 2016
s.
Drai was not in a ski suit in the picture and it looked to be in the city. Maybe some of the girls took out snowboards. A healthy way to get together and enjoy the outdoors.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
I think a lot of us were agreeing the facade of a 16-5 start.

We weren't that team. But we don't think we're an 0-7 kind of team either

Season is long. Yes we're stepping in shit right now but it's still not time to jump yet.

I def dont think the team is *this* bad. But even after the summer I was fairly confident we didnt do enough to be a true contender. I think this team is still good enough to be a playoff team but this summer was about creating a true contender - thats why its a disaster.

Reactions: RegDunlop

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
One of the posters on here is always saying Draisaitl is injured when he goes into these slumps. Probably not a good idea to go skiing if you're injured and trying to recover.;):D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad