News Article: Even Arby's Knows We're Pathetic

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
My whole point going to my first post was the 85/86 team had far better players on it. I would much rather have Yzermen , Klima, Oates, Kocur, Probert, Zombo, going forward than Larkin, Mantha, AA, and Cholo, see the difference??
Don't confuse players for what they were compared to what they became later.

First time I ever saw anyone put Zombo over.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
It's strange they pulled a 180 on their marketing strategy. The Wings had 39 3 goal games last season. As someone who tries to avoid hydrogenated oils, them's a lot of fries. Our family has always gotten a kick out of the Arbys deal, swearing to drop by with a box score but never do. I've had this idea to leave an order on the mantle to just bronze over, frozen in time like a trophy. :laugh:

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
My whole point going to my first post was the 85/86 team had far better players on it. I would much rather have Yzermen , Klima, Oates, Kocur, Probert, Zombo, going forward than Larkin, Mantha, AA, and Cholo, see the difference??

Well considering their are 50% more teams now, I would expect that it would be better.

Remove 11 teams from the NHL, and place the best players from those teams around the league and every team would look better.

Reactions: Oddbob

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
That is hilarious! Although, I will say, I always thought it was lame anyways, as all you get for a hat trick which are rare, and especially for us, is a lame small curly fry. Honestly who is going to go to Arby's just to score a free small fry?

Funny thing is, even with the change, we likely only have 10-15 more games where we will hit that many goals!

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Well considering their are 50% more teams now, I would expect that it would be better.

Remove 11 teams from the NHL, and place the best players from those teams around the league and every team would look better.
WTF do the number of teams have to do with Yzermen , Klima, Oates being far better players than Larkin, Mantha, and AA again?

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
WTF do the number of teams have to do with Yzermen , Klima, Oates being far better players than Larkin, Mantha, and AA again?

Distribution of talent. How good you are is relative to how good other teams are. All teams had more high end talent back then. Just because our top 5 players back then were better then our top 5 players now, DOES NOT mean that we were in a better position then compared to now.

That is why I said that if you eliminate 11 teams from the NHL today, all that talent gets distributed among the team remaining. If that happens, we very easily land a Scheifele, McDavid etc, and we look better now. Point being, its apples to oranges, not apples to apples.

Remember, the original question asked was are we in a better position now compared to then NOT are we better on paper now compared to then.

No need to get all worked up.

Mlotek

Feb 28, 2017
South of US Border
Yah, your Yserman GOD brought you to rock bottom.

85-6 was the worst record in franchise history by far.

They only recorded 40 points and was the last season before Demers revived the Dead Wings.

Perhaps too young to recall the Dead Wings era...

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
My favorite fast food.

Over-under for how many times the deal is available?

I'll say 15. Over or under?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad