Speculation: Evander Kane

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I really do not think stevie will move stamkos or hedman.

Than is questionable but I truly believe he will not move the other guys flipper tyjo or drej unless is serious upgrade. We are talking top players. Evander Kane though a good player proven is not in that category.

I dont think steve would do marleau for tyjo drej drouin types either. Not even as part of the packages. He has other options and one is to walk away.

If we move for guys or other guys? Steve will have a home run. We might lose someone we really like IE me losing kucherov but guys who have proven to be 0.5 or better rookie of year candidates drej and tyjo? I dont see many deals stevie would look at myself.

Killorn for kane? That makes sense you add some picks you make a deal. Also think vladdy moves before say tyjo also. Tyjo has shown he can play center at 3rd line but also can play wing or center on first. We would move other guys first. We have a lot of guys coveted by other franchises. Tyler is not perfect but made it through the year even with his size and showed he belongs plus 23 10 pp points and 6 short handed points 50 total was a very good year for him. Get he is older rookie but he really was solid so without an upgrade to his position dont see him available myself.

Also is a lot of teams out there that like a killorn and think more highly of our prospects than we probably even do. Also keep in mind tyjo was first guy they signed rfa or otherwise after his us camp play stuff. That impresses me how much they like his game. He is a solid little guy for sure. First guy to get into a tussle too haha.

Steve yzerman wants to win a cup here I have said this I agree yzerman is not done making moves. We are shifting from rebuild to contender now no doubt. Again there will be a move or two we won't like! But steve is making this team a contender! Plan was going to be do nothing countine to grow! Or is the time now to get aggressive and make moves. Don't be shocked if vladdy kucherov Johnson are 2015 first rounder moves. I really doubt we move drouin but maybe a team blows yzerman and his staff away for him ? Its just like chess Steve is setting up for checkmate!

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Steve yzerman wants to win a cup here I have said this I agree yzerman is not done making moves. We are shifting from rebuild to contender now no doubt. Again there will be a move or two we won't like! But steve is making this team a contender! Plan was going to be do nothing countine to grow! Or is the time now to get aggressive and make moves. Don't be shocked if vladdy kucherov Johnson are 2015 first rounder moves. I really doubt we move drouin but maybe a team blows yzerman and his staff away for him ? Its just like chess Steve is setting up for checkmate!

He is playing 3D GM chess. Out of roster spots and cap space, so any move in has to be preceded, or be concurrent with, a move out. It is like the puzzle with 1 spare slot and you have to slide everything around to get everything aligned properly.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
He is playing 3D GM chess. Out of roster spots and cap space, so any move in has to be preceded, or be concurrent with, a move out. It is like the puzzle with 1 spare slot and you have to slide everything around to get everything aligned properly.

Yes very good point

Steve Yzerman

A New Season Begins
Mar 11, 2013
Mississauga
Calm down. They just got swept in the first round. Team has definitely improved but it's not time to start dealing Johnson and Palat away.

Kusic

Back-to-back Champs!
Jul 4, 2010
Karlovy Vary
twitter.com
Stamkos, Callahan, Filppula, Johnson, Palat, Boyle, Hedman, Garrison, Stralman and Bishop are LOCKED, I guess. Other players could be traded for right price.. but, are we really need Evander Kane? I thought the roster for next season is set, salary cap is almost full. I don't see Yzerman trades for Kane. Not gonna happen, IMO.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
We would have to give up 2 or 3 roster players just to make caproom for Kane. That will make us a weaker team, even with Kane. Won't happen.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Stamkos, Callahan, Filppula, Johnson, Palat, Boyle, Hedman, Garrison, Stralman and Bishop are LOCKED, I guess. Other players could be traded for right price.. but, are we really need Evander Kane? I thought the roster for next season is set, salary cap is almost full. I don't see Yzerman trades for Kane. Not gonna happen, IMO.

We will see I just don't think steve yzerman is done. I don't know the details but people say it's getting ugly in Winnipeg with Kane. Kane has not demanded a trade but when asked does he want to be a jet he ignored that question. This smell like a seguin thing like in Boston where people in Winnipeg I think want Kane out. Will we get him who really knows ? But I still think steve yzerman makes more moves! The lightning have been in a lot of trade rumors of late! In terms of cap room steve has dumped money before he can do it again if needed.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
btw

Our team has moved on from taking other teams guys with no proven record/history and hoping they blossom. (not talking about Kane, just in general)

We have enough guys on the rise. Only proven guys from here out in trades.

saying this I have no problem flipping guys like goalie gudlevskis and others for other unproven players. (non nhlers)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Some of this speculation feels like change simply for the sake of change.

I think there's a pretty high likelihood that we roll into the season with exactly what we have now and, if something goes wrong, we try to fix it on the fly. Yzerman tried for a top-six vet, couldn't pull it off, and picked up Morrow as consolation. Looks a lot more like we're done for the summer than we're gearing up for another move. If Yzerman still had his eye on a forward, I don't think we'd have signed Morrow.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Some of this speculation feels like change simply for the sake of change.

I think there's a pretty high likelihood that we roll into the season with exactly what we have now and, if something goes wrong, we try to fix it on the fly. Yzerman tried for a top-six vet, couldn't pull it off, and picked up Morrow as consolation. Looks a lot more like we're done for the summer than we're gearing up for another move. If Yzerman still had his eye on a forward, I don't think we'd have signed Morrow.
We could and we would be fine for sure. But to me it feels like two more moves are coming. This evander Kane thing is interesting for sure. This dion rumor I don't understand that that's a big contract with 7 more years left to take on.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
We could and we would be fine for sure. But to me it feels like two more moves are coming. This evander Kane thing is interesting for sure. This dion rumor I don't understand that that's a big contract with 7 more years left to take on.

The Dion rumor makes no sense. We have no cap-space and Toronto would be getting screwed if we did Carle for Dion, regardless of the +.

I doubt there's anything to the Kane rumor either. He's been rumored to be traded here, there, or wherever for about two years now. It makes very little sense for us to pick him up, especially with how young we are. And Winnipeg's asking price is always reported to be ridiculous on top of that. If Yzerman really wanted Kane, wouldn't he have tried to work it out prior to July 1 so he could structure his signings appropriately? Wouldn't he have left a little cap-space to make it reasonable?

I don't doubt he's keeping up on player values, but I sincerely doubt he's actively trying to make something happen.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
The Dion rumor makes no sense. We have no cap-space and Toronto would be getting screwed if we did Carle for Dion, regardless of the +.

I doubt there's anything to the Kane rumor either. He's been rumored to be traded here, there, or wherever for about two years now. It makes very little sense for us to pick him up, especially with how young we are. And Winnipeg's asking price is always reported to be ridiculous on top of that. If Yzerman really wanted Kane, wouldn't he have tried to work it out prior to July 1 so he could structure his signings appropriately? Wouldn't he have left a little cap-space to make it reasonable?

I don't doubt he's keeping up on player values, but I sincerely doubt he's actively trying to make something happen.

Yzerman is a snake he is waiting for a gm to screw up badly! He is watching keeping is options open agree.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
Todd1a

Loving this guy. A breath of fresh air.

I agree 100 percent with this Hombre. Nice going and not afraid to think out of the box.

Sometimes this forum gets stuffy with the same o same o. (playing safe safe and safe. One guy once said playing safe is DEATH don't forget that)

Everyone has to remember Stevie Y is the greatest. He played with hockey town and than was right with them afterwards with team development. Stevie is on the cutting edge and staying ahead of the competition. the guy is a genius. So most of your guys thinking is not Stevie's and that's good.

strap yourselves in and watch MR. Y pull another big deal off. And if he doesn't it's because he is patient. (not like me) hahahaha

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Not sure what Dion's price is but I'd consider Carle + Killorn. We'd lose the versatility of Killorn but would upgrade on Carle and save a million in cap. Toronto may want to get out from Dion's contract. They downgrade but save 1.5mil for 4 less years, they probably think Gardner or Reilly would replace Dion in that time anyway. Toronto has a bunch of wingers but think Killorn is an upgrade on most of those and allow them to try to trade Lupul. Don't know how paying Dion 7mil for 8 years will look towards the end but would be good in the short-term.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Todd1a

Loving this guy. A breath of fresh air.

I agree 100 percent with this Hombre. Nice going and not afraid to think out of the box.

Sometimes this forum gets stuffy with the same o same o. (playing safe safe and safe. One guy once said playing safe is DEATH don't forget that)

Everyone has to remember Stevie Y is the greatest. He played with hockey town and than was right with them afterwards with team development. Stevie is on the cutting edge and staying ahead of the competition. the guy is a genius. So most of your guys thinking is not Stevie's and that's good.

strap yourselves in and watch MR. Y pull another big deal off. And if he doesn't it's because he is patient. (not like me) hahahaha

Yzerman's genius has actually been pulling off small deals. The closest thing he's had to a blockbuster (minus the one he was forced into), to the best of my recollection, was Conacher for Bishop, that was almost a prospect swap at the time the deal was made.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
Yzerman's genius has actually been pulling off small deals. The closest thing he's had to a blockbuster (minus the one he was forced into), to the best of my recollection, was Conacher for Bishop, that was almost a prospect swap at the time the deal was made.

that's why he is a genius.

He is transforming this team before your eyes and your not seeing it.

When we win the cup you will say "what happen they were just small deals" :)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
that's why he is a genius.

He is transforming this team before your eyes and your not seeing it.

When we win the cup you will say "what happen they were just small deals" :)

Um... yeah.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
There's really no evidence for that that I can remember.

http://www.rawcharge.com/2013/6/29/4477778/rumor-tyler-seguin-trade-speculation-tampa-bay-lightning
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/light...tning-said-to-have-interest-in-bruins/2129234

It was a rumor and we were all talking about it last year, would've cost us Drouin(no.3 pick) though.

Bruins are really active right now. Tyler Seguin is one of the players that could be traded. Lightning is one of many teams in the mix.

— Renaud Lavoie (@RenLavoieRDS) June 29, 2013

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Eklund does seem to have an in with the Flyers, but I'm mixed up with what backstory he's going with now and if he's actually worked for a team or not.

I know I'm late with a reply but from what I understand it was working with radio or TV for Philly or something like that. So it doesn't surprise me when he's right about Philly stuff.

Now anything else he reports on I never really believe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad