Evander Kane

Peace Frog

“Go on, say your thing man”
Jun 18, 2009
Just watching That's Hockey and there was a radio interview where he was asked if he wants to be a Winnipeg Jet. His answer was definitely not what Jets fans wanted to hear. Basically, he said that people have been speculating about him for the three years he's been there and that he's a Jet for now and he'll see what happens.

So, if he were to get traded, should the Leafs be looking to acquire him? If so, what do you think it would cost?

leafstilldeath*

Nope! Don't need another "entitled" player on the Leafs roster. Let Kane make "merry" elsewhere. Thank you very much!

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
I honestly think Carlyle could really help this kid by being firm with him but also letting him do his thing and giving him 2nd chances when he needs them. Basically like what he did with Kadri during the shortened season. I could see him and Kadri playing great together, they both kind of have that edge to their game. I'd be willing to give up Lupul + in a deal for Kane because Lupul's getting older (not to mention injuries) anyway and will be slowing down a lot when Kadri is reaching his prime.

leafstilldeath*

I honestly think Carlyle could really help this kid by being firm with him but also letting him do his thing and giving him 2nd chances when he needs them. Basically like what he did with Kadri during the shortened season. I could see him and Kadri playing great together, they both kind of have that edge to their game.

That is the reason, in case you didn't notice (Carlyle)! Carlyle doesn't know how to groom new talent! Its in his resume as an NHL coach. He can only coach when the roster is loaded with supreme talent (read: pronger, neidermayer, etc...)

Without "Talent" Carlyle is lost!

TheLeafsBro

Mar 14, 2014
London, ON
That is the reason, in case you didn't notice (Carlyle)! Carlyle doesn't know how to groom new talent! Its in his resume as an NHL coach. He can only coach when the roster is loaded with supreme talent (read: pronger, neidermayer, etc...)

Without "Talent" Carlyle is lost!

Well Carlyle has made his fair share of mistakes. It would be hard not to with this Leaf team. I had more of a problem with his system last year than anything else which he will be expected to change. I actually think he manages young players better than you would expect. The way he managed Kadri during the shortened season as well as the way he's managed Gardiner by giving him chance after chance to play large minutes for our club even when he makes mistakes. The way he gave Rielly plenty of PP opportunity in his first NHL season.. I don't see anything wrong with the way he manages young Talent.

Oh, and Getzlaf and Perry were both 21 when they won that cup. Without talent any coach would be lost.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
Is Winnipeg sending Jacob Trouba with Kane?

as i see it, kane takes lupul's spot. franson and reimer are pieces we don't need, but may be of value to winnipeg. only valuable piece we give-up IMO is the young prospect of either percy or finn.

plus we have to overpay to get kane. idk, i was just spit balling tbh.

leafstilldeath*

Well Carlyle has made his fair share of mistakes. It would be hard not to with this Leaf team. I had more of a problem with his system last year than anything else which he will be expected to change. I actually think he manages young players better than you would expect. The way he managed Kadri during the shortened season as well as the way he's managed Gardiner by giving him chance after chance to play large minutes for our club even when he makes mistakes. The way he gave Rielly plenty of PP opportunity in his first NHL season.. I don't see anything wrong with the way he manages young Talent.

Oh, and Getzlaf and Perry were both 21 when they won that cup. Without talent any coach would be lost.

First I partially agree with you about Carlyle.

His system, always failing, never saw any change. Either with line shuffling OR the system itself.

2nd, Kadri excelled at the cost of Grabovski. Leafs would have been much better if Carlyle had run the lines with:

Grabo
Kadri
Bozo
McClement

Let the offensive players play the offensive roles. As far as Gardiner is concerened if it wasn't for ****ing Kostka injuring his hand (can't recall the injury at the moment) Gards would have never seen the playoffs. And Gards was the BEST D we had in that playoffs.

2nd, Gards only got more opportunity because Franson kept screwing up. Recall that Gards got more opportunity towards the end of the season not beginning or middle of the season.

As for Reilly, Carlyle didn't wanna play Liles. Liles was in the minors and then later traded to Canes. So on the 2nd PP the only offensive option was Gards and Rielly.

Other options being Gunnar and Gleason. So IMO Carlyle didn't give Rielly an opportunity on 2nd PP, he played Morgs on 2nd PP because Randy "The Moron" didn't have any other options!

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Lupul, Franson, Reimer and Finn/Percy for Kane

Is Winnipeg sending Jacob Trouba with Kane?

It the peg took that offer you'd take it and run .

Lupes - ageing injury prone player on a big ticket

Franson - bottom pair D who's weak defensively but solid on the pp , not to mention the majority of the board wants run out of town

Reims - b/u goalies don;t have much value

Percy - potential bottom pair D

Finn - potential 2nd pair d

Why do we also think adding multiple meh pieces gets us a very talented and young player . If we offered that pkg they'd piss themselves laughing and hang up .

leafstilldeath*

Lol, when you can acquire a player like Evander Kane, you take it. Our team is not good enough to refuse players.

If it is for Lupul/Franson/Reimer I accept other than that it is a stupid move. Kane is not going to accomplish anything with the Leafs. He lives in his own fairly-land.

cack

Jul 30, 2013
It the peg took that offer you'd take it and run .

Lupes - ageing injury prone player on a big ticket

Franson - bottom pair D who's weak defensively but solid on the pp , not to mention the majority of the board wants run out of town

Reims - b/u goalies don;t have much value

Percy - potential bottom pair D

Finn - potential 2nd pair d

Why do we also think adding multiple meh pieces gets us a very talented and young player . If we offered that pkg they'd piss themselves laughing and hang up .

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You already know what Finn and Percy are going to be?

cack

Jul 30, 2013
You wouldn't get Trouba or Kane for what you've offered.
Quantity does not equal quality.

I did not offer anything because I am not interested in Kane. Kane deserves to rot in Winnipeg.

MajorLeaf

Maj. Conn Smythe
Dec 19, 2008
Ontario
Evander Kane is still young at 22 years old. That is Kane's only asset right now. Otherwise, Kane is an overrated 40-50 point winger that can hit here and there, along with putting his nose to the net.

Cody Franson was 2nd overall in hits last year at 282 hits, and most Leafs fans think negatively about Franson. So there is no "intangibles" that Evander Kane brings with his hard nose play, it is obvious he needs more maturing and to hone his game more.

Evander Kane is a project right now that teams would have to overpay due to his unwarranted hype. The Maple Leafs should pass.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You already know what Finn and Percy are going to be?

No , but i do know the chances of avg size D who don't possess any elite skill set becoming stellar D is slim .

I guess however a funny boy like you will be able to sell the "who knows what they'll become" upside as a valuable trade chip in deals with other teams .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad