Votes: 94 41.2%
  • Tom Wilson

Votes: 134 58.8%

• Total voters

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Kadri too different of a player

I wanted to compare these guys since they're both power forwards, put up similar numbers, and have nearly identical cap hits.

I'd love to have Tom Wilson on the Oilers with Kane. A line of Kane - McDavid - Wilson would be very entertaining - no one is taking a run at Connor

Reaves probably would...

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
There's a difference between physical play and trying to end careers.

Honestly, I have such little interest in fighting and "physical play" that I barely know what Wilson has done. I have seen the incident with Panarin but that's about it, I don't open threads about it or don't watch highlights. I'm guessing Wilson has done the same kind of crap other players of that ilk did before

I am goalie and I am interested in pure hockey, speed and skill, defensive plays. I can appreciate hits that are designed to be a defensive play

What exactly is a "borderline criminal"? Are you inferring this based on a non-hockey quality of Kane's, perhaps?

Kinda tired to re-explain it all the time but at some point, it's easy to read between the lines. It became easy to see that Kane is just a bad apple.

Last edited:

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
Honestly, I have such little interest in fighting and "physical play" that I barely know what Wilson has done. I have seen the incident with Panarin but that's about it, I don't open threads about it or don't watch highlights. I'm guessing Wilson has done the same kind of crap other players of that ilk did before

So let me get this straight: you pay so little attention to hockey overall that you have no idea what Wilson has up to throughout his career, yet can rattle off Kane's transgressions from memory? You are definitely going a long way towards proving my previous suspicion.

Kinda tired to re-explain it all the time but at some point, it's easy to read between the lines. It became easy to see that Kane is just a bad apple.

Oh, it's definitely easy to read between the lines: Kane is guilty of having too much melanin in your eyes. That's your biggest issue with him, full stop.

Last edited:
Reactions: PuckG and AvStock

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
Lol what Wilson isn't a piece of shit?

What has Wilson done off the ice that constitutes that reaction? Educate yourself. Compare the 2. Evander f***ing Kane is a much bigger piece of shit than Wilson - I’ve never heard of any good stories about him as a person. At least with Wilson it’s neutral.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Tom Wilson.

Evander Kane brings you a lot of off-ice stuff with him and even if you look away from all of that he's still also been dubbed a locker-room cancer earlier in his career.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
What has Wilson done off the ice that constitutes that reaction? Educate yourself. Compare the 2. Evander f***ing Kane is a much bigger piece of shit than Wilson - I’ve never heard of any good stories about him as a person. At least with Wilson it’s neutral.
The shit he does on the ice makes him a piece of shit. Matt Cooke didn't have any off ice shit happen with him didn't make him any less of a pos though.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
So let me get this straight: you pay so little attention to hockey overall that you have no idea what Wilson has up to throughout his career, yet can rattle off Kane's transgressions from memory? You are definitely going a long way towards proving my previous suspicion.

I said "I have such little interest in fighting and "physical play" + "I am goalie and I am interested in pure hockey, speed and skill, defensive plays"

And you understood "you pay so little attention to hockey overall" ????????

lol... how is it even possible? Just based on that, I can say that I am going to ignore any further reply, easy to see where it is going and it's just not worth it.

And what does that mean I can rattle Kane's transgressions from memory? It's all over the internet. But wait, you probably think there's some kind of conspiracy against him!

Anyway like I said, at some point it's easy to connect the dots. It's not because the guy is "not lucky". But it's ok if you want to believe that. I'm not the one who has a problem with your OPINION

Oh, it's definitely easy to read between the lines: Kane is guilty of having too much melanin in your eyes. That's your biggest issue with him, full stop.

lol I have stopped caring about Kane a long time ago. By the way, the guy looks very similar to one of my stepbrothers, I wish I could root for him, like I did when he was a young player

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Once Wilson started to get going, the Capitals got their rhythm. Even though he scores less points than Kane, he is a teammate Elevator. His teammates seem to be better when he is on the ice. The opposite can be said with Kane. He scores a lot of goals, but everywhere he goes, that team slowly dies.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Team Good Guys

Tkachuk Kadri Tkachuk
Kane Benn Marchand
Foligno Hartman Wilson
Maroon Hathaway Kassian

DeAngelo Trouba
Borowiecki Subban
MacDermid Gudas

Smith
Binnington

Coach: Tortorella
This would be a sight to see!

Reactions: zar

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
The shit he does on the ice makes him a piece of shit. Matt Cooke didn't have any off ice shit happen with him didn't make him any less of a pos though.

Evander Kane is also quite dirty on the ice lol, maybe a notch less than Wilson - it’s just that he’s a shitty human being on top of it. Wouldn’t want him anywhere close to my team.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Not sure the Wings have the leadership in a dressing room to deal with Kane so id rather Wilson

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Kane.

I'm an Oilers fan but here me out. Winning the cup requires a ton of factors to go right. The odds of winning are low for the best teams even. So, the smart thing is to take on some risks. Kane is brings top line talent at a low ish cap hit, and the trade off is the risk that he repeats his drama.

Thats a smart risk to take. Odds are that even though there is a kernel of truth to his drama, it's also likely that it was equally a media caricature and sensationalized beyond the truth.

Plus, he's a family man now. Even if there was an issue, there is this new factor that cuts the risk down

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
If Kane can stay out of the Dawg house he will probably score 160 goals over the next 4 years while being an intimidating force on the ice. I will take my chances on that...

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
Wilson because Kane creates too much distraction for his team. Both can be very effective players on the ice but I feel like Kane might be a liability in the locker room.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
For reference: When we picked up Kassian I was pissed off because of his past for being a dirty player on the ice. I was so happy to see Kassian become a much cleaner player under the Oilers. Mugging of Tkachuk aside, he was a pretty good boy.

Now, Wilson is much dirtier than Kassian ever was and I don't believe Wilson would be able to avoid doing something that would make me feel guilty for being an Oilers fan!

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
I've heard/seen many many stories of every city Kane has played in he's been very active in each community. Particularly with underprivileged kids.

I agree that, from the outside, Kane looks like a bigger loser than Wilson. With that said, your lack of knowledge(and everyone's for that matter) when you say "I've never heard anything good" doesn't hold much weight.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Wilson. I don’t trust Kane to stay on the rails for long. Wilson is one of the few players that causes other teams to change their personnel to try to counteract his effectiveness. He’s a force.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad