Evander Kane vs Jake Paul

Who would win in this proposed match?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
I would hope they KO each other, at the same time. After they wake up, consider it a draw and plan the rematch.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Ben Askren was never a boxer and supposedly didn’t train much for this. I think he just wanted a big paycheck.

No idea why any of us care, but it exists so I have opinions. I respect that Jake is a better boxer than some think, but he should actually fight a boxer. Barring that, I’d love to see Kane fight him. Paul would probably win in later rounds, actually, but goddamn could I use a 2nd cookie.

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
Jake Paul would smash any hockey players face in a boxing match . could be different if they trained

Contenderorpretender

Oct 10, 2017
Ben Askren was never a boxer and supposedly didn’t train much for this. I think he just wanted a big paycheck.

No idea why any of us care, but it exists so I have opinions. I respect that Jake is a better boxer than some think, but he should actually fight a boxer. Barring that, I’d love to see Kane fight him. Paul would probably win in later rounds, actually, but goddamn could I use a 2nd cookie.
Ohhh it was 100% for the paycheck. You saw him walking with his wife with a big grin on his face. As in... can you believe I just got paid a mil for doing nothing.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Then maybe Kane should go fight some little kids.

Training years ago means nothing.
Jake Paul has boxed for grand total of 4 years, and his opponents have been:
-Youtuber smaller than him who has never boxed before
-36 year old retired basketball player smaller than him who has never boxed before
- Retired out of shape MMA-fighter with zero boxing experience

Kane has over 10+ years of boxing experience on him, he is bigger than Paul and he is a proffesional athlete, what Paul has done in his ”boxing” career don’t mean shit, Kane would be closest thing to a Pro boxer he has ever fought

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
If his NHL contract is voided he probably should take this fight, but otherwise I hope he doesn't.

Pretty funny that two years ago Askren was undefeated in MMA and is now taking these carnival fights.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
-36 year old retired basketball player smaller than him who has never boxed before

Kane has over 10+ years of boxing experience on him, he is bigger than Paul and he is a proffesional athlete, what Paul has done in his ”boxing” career don’t mean shit, Kane would be closest thing to a Pro boxer he has ever fought

Can Kane even afford boxing lessons though? How will he get gym time to train?

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020
Hate the guy, but im done betting against Paul winning lol. Picked him in a KO

As others have mentioned he has the time to just train like a mad man. And the money to hire the best of the best if he wants too/if they'll work with him.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Can Kane even afford boxing lessons though? How will he get gym time to train?
He’ll flip a car and he is again worth more than you, so kinda dumb to call out people worth more than you out on it.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Jake Paul can afford a full training camp with the best boxing trainers and Evander Kane probably can't even afford a punching bag and some gloves...

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
How heavy will the gloves be? 14 ounces and under Kane knocks out Paul.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Paul would never waste time fighting Kane only because Kane isn't really a well known name outside the hockey world. There are way more MMA fans over the world who would pay to see the fight last night, but they just wouldn’t get the hype and interest fighting an NHL player, in turn meaning way less money. Which is after all the ONLY thing they are fighting for

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Kane can take a heavy fist. Can Paul survive this kind of beating?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I know very little about this Jake Paul guy as a YouTube or whatever but He legitimately spends every day of his life training to be the best boxer he could be. Yes I realize the televised fights he’s been in haven’t been against boxers and if he fought a real pro boxer he’d get his ass kicked but he’s way more advanced in the sport than Evander Kane is. I really think he would beat the absolute piss out of Kane even if Kane has done some boxing training on the side and KO’d Matt Cooke on skates.

If Kane could take a year off from hockey and put all his time into training I think it would be a good fight but if you put these two guys into a ring today this Jake Paul character would demolish Evander Kane.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Jake Paul would knock him out ... Evander Kane is not a boxer.

NBA fans said Robinson would destroy him ...

MMA fans said Askren would destroy him ...

Don't make the same mistake.

Kane likely has more experience boxing than Paul does. Comes from a boxing family... his cousin fought at the Olympics for Canada an had a world heavyweight title shot. His Dad was a boxer and Kane boxed growing up. Kane would be the first bigger fighter he fought, Kane would be the first stronger fighter he fought, Kane would be the first fighter he has fought with more reach. Kane has a history of taking punches, Askren does as well but hes always been able to control MMA fights with being arguably the best wrestler in MMA for a bit. Hell, Kane would be the first person with literally any history boxing that he has fought.

I dont think Kane would for sure win if you just take him off the street right now, but give him a couple months to prepare.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I got made fun of on here for saying Jake Paul would win last year but seems like people are starting to realize he’s actually a good fighter lol

Jake Paul wins by knockout AINEC

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State

Lol what? Was Kane even ever actively fighting? In tournaments & such? Or just working out & maybe occasionally sparring at his dads gym lol
This is like saying you’d win the PGA tour because you mini golfed as a kid
Absolutely ridiculous argument, I’ve even seen people try to argue because Kane’s named after Evander Holyfield means he’d win :laugh:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Lol what? Was Kane even ever actively fighting? In tournaments & such? Or just working out & maybe occasionally sparring at his dads gym lol
This is like saying you’d win the PGA tour because you mini golfed as a kid
Absolutely ridiculous argument, I’ve even seen people try to argue because Kane’s named after Evander Holyfield means he’d win :laugh:
You're implying with this analogy that Paul is one of the best out there.

This doesn't help your argument like you think it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad