Speculation: Evander Kane Signed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
PCR tests are terrible. I know tons of people that have tested false negative and ive heard false positives as well. My daughter tested negative with a PCR test, and I got her antibodies checked after since everyone else in our house had it, and sure enough she had it as well.

But I agree. The bureaucracy has been so far behind the science. Vac or unvaccinated you are spreading it practically unimpeded. Boosters don't do f*** all unless you are seriously concerned about getting general flu/cold symptoms. Natural immunity not getting recognized period in Canada is lol bad. Between natural immunity and vaccinations it's hard to imagine many being unprotected. Toss in a mild variant like Omicron and we "should" be good. I wonder how long Canada is going to lag behind the UK for tossing our useless QR codes.

There are of course "false" negatives with PCR, but usually that would be due to testing too early (like in 1-2 days since exposure, before virus replication is taking place) or sampling (swabbing) error. There's some data to suggest throat is more sensitive for Omicron...

but my point is more... once you are positive by PCR, it's hard to imagine being negative again until and unless you cleared the virus. That's why CDC is suggesting that you avoid PCR once positive, as it's so sensitive it will keep you "positive" for weeks after you are no longer shedding live/infectious virus.

Thus... where Kane is concerned, if he was positive by PCR, and then negative by PCR, he should be considered COVID free and safe to travel regardless of what the guidance is saying. The guidance is written as a rule of thumb, and assumes that people won't always have access to testing to "test out" of isolation.

Here in the US, by the way, the guidance has been reduced to 5 days in isolation + 5 days go about your business but with a proper mask. Not that I'm suggesting the US is handling things well, just presenting the two extremes.

Kane could quite easily have thought he was following the guidance... he was already free to roam in the US by US standards. He then decides to travel to Canada and provides a negative PCR within 72 hours of travel - as required. It's the discrepancy between US/Canada quarantine/isolation periods that has him tripped up.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
I don't see how this isn't extremely easy to investigate. "How did you get across the border" "I showed *this* and the border guy let me"
Is *this* false information or not? Case closed. Oh wait i know, losing 3 more games in the meantime means the Oilers might miss the playoffs... Touche Gary.

KanesThrowaway

Aug 24, 2021
If only our healthcare capacity had been expanded over the last 30-40 years..

This is the real problem and nobody is talking about it. This data is from August 2021 but I think it still tells a story.

upload_2022-1-20_14-37-14.png

Reactions: fuswald

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
There are of course "false" negatives with PCR, but usually that would be due to testing too early (like in 1-2 days since exposure, before virus replication is taking place) or sampling (swabbing) error. There's some data to suggest throat is more sensitive for Omicron...

but my point is more... once you are positive by PCR, it's hard to imagine being negative again until and unless you cleared the virus. That's why CDC is suggesting that you avoid PCR once positive, as it's so sensitive it will keep you "positive" for weeks after you are no longer shedding live/infectious virus.

Thus... where Kane is concerned, if he was positive by PCR, and then negative by PCR, he should be considered COVID free and safe to travel regardless of what the guidance is saying. The guidance is written as a rule of thumb, and assumes that people won't always have access to testing to "test out" of isolation.

Here in the US, by the way, the guidance has been reduced to 5 days in isolation + 5 days go about your business but with a proper mask. Not that I'm suggesting the US is handling things well, just presenting the two extremes.

Kane could quite easily have thought he was following the guidance... he was already free to roam in the US by US standards. He then decides to travel to Canada and provides a negative PCR within 72 hours of travel - as required. It's the discrepancy between US/Canada quarantine/isolation periods that has him tripped up.

Agree 100% that if one gets a negative PCR test 72 hours before travel that you should be good to go. I haven’t travelled from the States since this was it into place, but I understand one of the questions they ask is if you have had a positive test in the last 14 days. So a person could have a false positive one day, and a negative the next day, and if they answer the question honestly, are stuck from coming home. But not sure how they would catch the average joe who just provides his negative test, and answers no to the question of if he tested positive in the last 14 days.

Last edited:

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
drops the gloves with lucic, puts turtle through the boards and scored the gwg.

Becomes immediate folk hero with Oilers, propelling them into the playoffs and winning a round. This leads Holland to sign him for 8 years and $48 million which pushes trades of KY, JP and Bouchard followed by Edmonton falling down the standings in 22-23 culminating McDrai asking for trades and Edmonton winning the lottery again in 2024. And so goes the circle of shit.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019
My point was about Kane, having done most everything in this case right (or at least what I would call right) in being vaccinated and having a negative test. If this is accurate then I think it would be crazy to punish him (or anyone for that matter), that's all.

Don't want to derail this into a covid-vaccine discussion, just to point out that I find what you are saying a bit incredible. Finland still advice everyone to get vaccinated and just today I saw a long article on the first page of Helsinki Times about a study showing the relatively long-term effectiveness of the vaccines against severe outcomes of covid. I'd probably like to see some links to your claims about this. But you can PM them to me so that this thread doesn't get shut down.

Thank you for your message! Trust me it's true, but there's a battle. The health authorities are mainly supporting a more relaxed attitude but the government and some leading private doctors are pressing for vaccines. It's a very busy time for me but I'll send you a quick PM with some more info. I agree it's better to keep this kind of talk elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Becomes immediate folk hero with Oilers, propelling them into the playoffs and winning a round. This leads Holland to sign him for 8 years and $48 million which pushes trades of KY, JP and Bouchard followed by Edmonton falling down the standings in 22-23 culminating McDrai asking for trades and Edmonton winning the lottery again in 2024. And so goes the circle of shit.
You've got quite the imagination.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryanbryoil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad